7th Edition Blood Angels

Jakbal

I'll be running a game against a tyranid player on Sunday 1500pts. Meph with biomancy will be an auto include as I really want to enjoy being toughness 9 (fingers crossed) against monstrous creatures. Maelstrom of war makes assault marines with priest viable and fast scoring. Would like a dred now smash is nerfed to one attack but I think they'll be to slow unless stormraven delivered.

Any thoughts?

2 rounds of grav weaponry tanked, find that hard to believe, with no armour saves he has to rely on a 2+ FnP to tank an average of 20 wounds. Hmmm....

Believe me, I was as shocked as my opponent when it happened.  Placement is key with him though or they will just start picking off your DC with only a 5+ FNP.

I ran the same list last night against nids with 1 flyrant, 1 tyrant on foot, 4 zoanthropes, 2 venomthropes, 3 dakkafexes, 2 broods of warriors of 4 or 5, and a bunch of gaunts, and a mawloc.

Corbs tanked the 20 wounds from the dakkafexes, saving a ton of my DC.  The fexes got the charge on me, but I tied them up long enough to win the game by 2 points.  My DC, Corbs, and Reclusiarch were eventually put down by the fexes Str.9 so no FNP.  Was a fun game.  His walking tyrant had a perils, and rolled a 6 for for the 3++ and all other goodies.  Didn't matter for that round anyways.

My assault marines came in and cleaned up the gaunts, the 2 fragiosos were wrecking warriors on either side, and I dropped my DC dread and was going to charge is fexes but the shop had to close and we didn't have time to finish.

Archived