Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First attempt at 7th edition list: 1850

Knights Henchmen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Reclusiarch Darius

Reclusiarch Darius

++ PUNITOR FURENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,457 posts

So needless to say, huge changes to our army post 7th and the FAQ's dropping yesterday. With that in mind, I'm gonna try out some different things until I settle on a new mainstay list. Here is my current thinking

HQ:

Mastery 3 Librarian w/sword
(200 points)

Coteaz
(100 points)

Inquisitor w/force sword+bolt pistol, Mastery 1
(55 points)

Elites:

(2) Flame Knight w/halberd, Purifier w/hammer, 4 x Purifiers w/halberds, 4 x Purifiers w/psycannons
(295 points each)

Troops:

Justicar w/halberd, Terminator w/hammer+psycannon, 3 x Terminators w/halberds
(225 points)

(2) Psyker w/laspistol, 3 x Servitor w/plasma cannon, 5 x Acolytes w/laspistols
(90 points each)

Heavy Support:

Dreadknight w/greatsword+teleporter
(230 points)

(2) PsyDread w/twin autocannons, psybolts
(135 points each)

Total: 1,850 points

Librarian rolls on Telepathy, Coteaz and Psykers roll on Divination. Minimum 14 Warp Charges for me every turn, can go as high as 19, so casting and Denying won't be an issue normally. Librarian should be a solid defense against offensive powers, against buffs I'll just have to throw as much Deny dice as I can at them. 

Any thoughts? 

Edited by Reclusiarch Darius, 22 June 2014 - 09:12 AM.

"Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, when I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries.
Victory is nothing more than survival. It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.
If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers."

Grand Master Khyron, Eighth Brotherhood

"One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade, forged in defiance of fate,
Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered. And my final gift to the species I failed."

Inscription upon the Arcus Daemonica, attributed to the Emperor of Mankind

Gaz1858

Gaz1858

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,488 posts
Are greatswords still neccesary do you think?

The only thing that is a potential downside is that you are all on foot. Especially those Henchman. What are your plans for making your way across the board?
Snipper Rifles: 36", Heavy D3 Rending, as they hurl barber's scissors across the battlefield with deadly precision!

Reclusiarch Darius

Reclusiarch Darius

++ PUNITOR FURENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,457 posts
Are greatswords still neccesary do you think?

Re-rolls to do everything, at powerfist price? Hell yeah. Trust me, nothing is more annoying than watching your DK flub his hits or wounds because of bad rolls. Even with WS5 and S10, I've failed on the first try to kill stuff. Greatsword ensures you get the kills. 

The only thing that is a potential downside is that you are all on foot. Especially those Henchman. What are your plans for making your way across the board? 

Mech is dead, I see no reason to burden myself with deathtraps. I'll deploy close to the centreline and advance, camping is rarely a viable strategy with Knights anyway. You have to get in their face and force bad fights. Sitting back passively, or investing heavily in vehicles only to watch them all die in 2 shooting phases doesn't work IME. 

"Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, when I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries.
Victory is nothing more than survival. It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.

"One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade, forged in defiance of fate,
Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered. And my final gift to the species I failed."

Gaz1858

Gaz1858

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,488 posts
Thats fair. Throw the NDKs forward whike everything else makes its way up. Roll on strategy traits and hope for Infiltrate?

Why the Libby over the GM?
Snipper Rifles: 36", Heavy D3 Rending, as they hurl barber's scissors across the battlefield with deadly precision!

Reclusiarch Darius

Reclusiarch Darius

++ PUNITOR FURENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,457 posts
Thats fair. Throw the NDKs forward whike everything else makes its way up. Roll on strategy traits and hope for Infiltrate?

Yeah pretty much. I do okay at the moment with one DK, I'm gonna buy and build another one soon so I can field this list. He always attracts a lot of attention, which is great for the rest of the list. 

I'm okay with not getting Infiltrate, its not that critical. Purifiers typically take a turn to get in range, I usually just Run them until they are. Shadow them with the Henchmen squads to provide 'Prescience' coverage and fire support. Libby+friends land on a flank and raise hell with psychic powers

Why the Libby over the GM? 

I wanna see if the extra Mastery levels pay off. I'm rolling Sanctic on him, so hopefully I get Vortex. Or I might go Telepathy, I'm not sure ATM. 

lt051

lt051

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

Points on your purifiers is wrong, each squad should be 290 I believe

*edit* just double checked, should be 290, unless you added a hammer and forgot to change it or something smile.png could give you 10 points to play with

Edited by lt051, 30 May 2014 - 02:55 PM.

Quozzo

Quozzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 981 posts
You could roll a GKGM for TGS to get scout on those purifiers if you want them in range, you could even upgrade to PML2 ohmy.png

You have 3 points to spare and you need 2 halberds (dont have my dex with me either so not sure if lt051 right) but you can afford at least one more tongue.png

AnImA8

AnImA8

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 216 posts

I would seriously consider mechanized, at least for the henchmen. The Psyker Mastery Levels you get out of going MSU + Mech is worthwhile since you're taking a lvl 3 Libby, and not someone who is better on their own right like a GM. Plus, in terms of shutting down the enemy psychic phase, you'll need about 3 times your opponents dice pool to TRULY shut them out without Dreadnoughts' Reinforced Aegis.

Reclusiarch Darius

Reclusiarch Darius

++ PUNITOR FURENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,457 posts

Points on your purifiers is wrong, each squad should be 290 I believe

*edit* just double checked, should be 290, unless you added a hammer and forgot to change it or something smile.png could give you 10 points to play with

I'll add the hammers back in, probably just forgot to. 

You could roll a GKGM for TGS to get scout on those purifiers if you want them in range, you could even upgrade to PML2 ohmy.png

You have 3 points to spare and you need 2 halberds (dont have my dex with me either so not sure if lt051 right) but you can afford at least one more tongue.png

I just wanna give the Librarian a chance. Mastery 3 for 200 points is decent, he ends up with four powers and adding three warp charges by himself. I've only had one game so far and he didn't arrive from Reserve lol

I would seriously consider mechanized, at least for the henchmen. The Psyker Mastery Levels you get out of going MSU + Mech is worthwhile since you're taking a lvl 3 Libby, and not someone who is better on their own right like a GM. Plus, in terms of shutting down the enemy psychic phase, you'll need about 3 times your opponents dice pool to TRULY shut them out without Dreadnoughts' Reinforced Aegis.

AV11 just dies too easily. It's cool our vehicles generate warp charges, but frankly I'd rather just bring more infantry than easily killed vehicles. As is I'm considering dropping the PsyDreads for another DK.