Demo's 7th edition adventures

Demoulius

Oh wow, 7th edition already eek.gif this game is getting new editions fast.... I started way back in 3rd and picked up the boys in red and can proudly say ive never strayed from the path smile.png

Ive survived the PDF days, the days when we were a suplement and am still kicking. New edition, figured id make a new post for my batreps!

I had my first taste of 7th today. I was playing with my ToS 2014 list (which il list for easy reference) and played a pick up game against a marine player using a imperial fist army (nicely painted I might add!) and this is actually my first taste of the "newest" marines as ive actually never played them in 6th huh.png

My list is:

Reclusiarch, jump pack, meltabomb

priest, jumppack, powersword, meltabomb

Furioso with blood talons, drop pod

10 tacticals, MM, PG, PF, rhino

10 assault marines, PF, 2 meltaguns

5 scouts, ML, camo cloaks (all but ML are snipers)

7 DC marines with jump packs, TH, powersword

Vindicator with siegeshield

MM AB

1500 pts on the spot. My opponent had:

Liby with terminator armour, SS, some relic that gives +1 warp charge and rerolls psychic tests

unit of 8 tacticals with meltagun, combimelta and melta-bombs on sarge and pod (liby joined these)

unit of 5 tacticals with lascannon

unit of 5 tacticals with plasmacannon

unit of 10 tacticals with MM, PG and melta-bombs on sarge

unit of 5 tacticals with plasmagun riding a TLLC razorback

stormraven with TLMM and TLLC

unit of 3 devastator centurions with chest ML's, 1 with TLLC, rest TLHB.

5 scouts, camo cloaks, ML and rest snipers (same as my scout squad, incidentily)

dread with TLLC

So a whole lot of shooty goodness, and ive never played against centurions before... Thought they looked like loyalist obliderators, but ok.

Terrain was our local GW (Rotterdam) newest urban table, lots of big ruins (some as high 4 tiles!!!) and 6 by 4 playing area. We basicly formed 3 "streets" and the rest was covered by the buildings. I won the roll of to first and took it. Mission was #5. Both 1 objective in our half. I put mine in a ruin about 12 inches from my table edge.

For my deployment I put my tacticals in the ruin with the objective. Had my vindi and rhino to the left of that on ground level. Assault marines with priest behind that for cover. To the left of that I had my DC with chapy and MM behind terrain. Scouts were infiltrating.

My opponent deployed his 3 centurions in a building opposite of my objective building and put his objective in a ground level. His cents were on the first floor though, he had his plasmacannon tacticals covering this objective. To my right there was a big tower 3 tiles high where he placed his 5 tacticals with LC in it (good field of vieuw, hard to charge) and next to the tower was the razorback. On my left flank he had his dreadnought. He kept the 10 man with MM and PG in reserve (in his stormraven) and his pod wasent there yet offcourse so his 1st turn army was quite small.

I infiltrated my scouts on a big ruin 3 tiles high about 20 inches away from my deployment. My opponent deployed his scouts about 14 inches away in a 4 tile high tower closer to his deployment zone (but to close to his for me to place my scouts there...)

He rolled the dice for siezing and dident get it. We rolled ofr night fighting and got it.

I dropped my pod behind the razorback and got a direct hit (which was good as it was awfully close to the table edge....) furioso jumped out and stood behind the razorback. Vindi and rhino moved up. Assault marines and DC jumped up. Bike moved with the DC. Shooting dident do much. Vindi hit and got a direct hit on his dread but thanks to a 3+ cover save (mostly behind a ruin and night fighting) the hit was negated. Furioso missed with the melta (doesent he always) but scored a glancing hit with his storm bolter.

IF turn 1. His pod came in and he dropped it behind my assault marines huh.png shooting saw him blow up 3 of my assault marines, not enough to force a LD test but still painfull. He scored a "shaken" result on my vindi and took it down to 1 HP. His razorback backed up from my vindi, shot at it and dident do anything. He had alot of shooting at my vindi and alot of poor AP rolls. Got lucky here that I dident give away first blood! He tried a psychic shriek and had more succesfull 4+'s then I had dice to throw so I couldnt negate it, but luckily he rolled a 9 on the 3d6 so did no damage with it!

BA turn 2. Moved my tacticals so more could fire at the new arrivals, killing about 3-4. MM AB moved back and fired at the drop pod pointblank range, and missed (><) assault marines shot and charge the liby and squad. He challenged and the PF sarge accepted. I wiped his squad in combat for first blood, PF sarge and liby whacked at eachother doing nothing. He lost combat but stayed in combat thanks to ATSKNF. My DC jumped into the building infront of them (the one with the scouts in it) and lost 1 due to dangerous terrain but a stupid miscalculation on my part meant they couldnt charge the scouts. Because they couldnt see them............ Furioso shot his meltagun at the razorback again and missed (again), charge it and got a glancing hit with his close combat attacks.

IF turn 2. stormraven dident come in. Centurions and dreadnought fired and wrecked my vindi (just barely) and his lascannon tactical fired at my rhino but waas unscathed due to cover. In combat my squad could now help the sarg thanksk to the new rules for challenge (nothing to fight outside the challenge? well join right in! :D) but nothing happend still. Sarge passed a FnP rolls. Furioso got a penetrating hit and got shaken. My opponent had forgetten to move his razorback though so my Furioso was still in combat with it and wrecked it in his assault phase. MM AB hit the pod, glanced it.

BA turn 3. DC jumped out of the tower and behind the dreadnought. Glanced him twice with their shooting attack. They charged him, he whiffed his attacks and the TH scored 2 penning hits and 1 glancing. Consolidated 5 inches towards the centurions. Furioso charged and killed the 5 man razorback squad and consolidated towards towards the lascannon tower. In combat I killed the liby with normal attacks. Consolidated towards my rhino for cover from the centurions.

IF turn 3. Storm raven came in. Shot at the Furioso and shook it, its down to 1 HP now. Centurions open up on the DC and kill 3 (down to just the chaplain, TH DC and 1 normal DC) snipers moved because they couldnt shoot anything (just like the last 2 turns...) shot at my scouts and only caused 1 wound, which I saved.

BA turn 4. DC charge and wipe out the Centurions in 1 turn of combat for no damage in return. Furioso moves towards the enemy objective and pops smoke. Asssault marines and rhino moved up towards the enemy objective as well.

At this point our local store manager told us theyre closing in 12 minutes to go get dinner. I had plans for tonight so couldnt stay for the half hour that it would take the store to re-open. My opponent would get to finish his turn and then we had to call it.

My opponent tried to flush my tacticals off my objective by flying the storm raven all the way towards my table edge. Driops his tacticals out (they survived dangerous terrain tests) and hopefully manage to make my tacticals flee of my objective. Which he failed to do, he did kill 4 men with 4 wounds because I rolled 4 2's for armour saves dry.png but they passed LD.

Total tally of VP's:

BA: 5 or 6... 3 for objective and 1 for slay the warlord and 1 for first blood. Also quite sure that I had line breaker....

IF: 4. Objective and line breaker.

Win for the blood angels!

Im thinking about reworking my list for 7th edition. Or rather, not so much a re-work as a "coming back to an old list" really as its suprisingly simular to what ive run in the past. And stopped playing because I had played it for a long time. META has changed rather though and my Liby can now be lvl 2 for half of the previous price which I like :)

To keep the post short though, heres the list:

Liby, lvl2, jump pack, force-axe. (Will use Divination powers to boost the rest of the force)

2 sanguinary priests, 1 with jump pack and powersword. The other bare bones

10 man assault squad, PF and 2 meltaguns

10 man tactical squad, lascannon, flamer, poweraxe. The homefield objective guys.

10 man tactical squad, plasmagun, misslelauncher, rhino. The mobile reserve.

5 man assault squad, meltagun, powersword and riding a TLLC Razorback.

Baal predator, heavy bolter sponsons

Vindicator with siegeshield

MM+HF speeder

Number of boots on the ground and vehicles is roughly the same as the previous list. Ive got a more reliable ranged AT base, better anti-infantry firepower and still got a decent assault force. Im lacking the brute strength the DC brought me but ive also got less eggs in 1 basket. My DC performed well but could only be in 1 place at 1 time which sometimes hurt me and meant I had to make tough choices. I also dident play against close combat armies yet (or rather much) in which case the DC werent always the game winners that id like them to be... Im also lacking the Furioso here. And while he dident always perform miracles at the very least he absorbed enormous amounts of fire whilst he was around. Will be interesting to see how the AT firepower will be aimed at me in the future confused.gif

On the plus side, all the models are painted as well! :) so should be able to test the list out soon.

Personally I've found Divination to be lacking in 7th edition.  So far I play with 3 librarians, and I'm 3 matches into this edition with 2 wins and 1 "loss" (opponent had more victory points due to tactical objectives, but I had killed all but 3 of their models - it was awesome!). 

I've changed from playing support Librarians to offensive Librarian (though I use my Furioso Libby as a warp charge battery).  Biomancy is fantastic for offense. 

If anyone dident notice... No batrep yet :( dident get to test my new list yet because I decided against playing with "count as" models.... I still need to make a few models sadly. I have played a game of 1000 points (shaving of 500 points of my old list to fit in) and conceded on turn 2. My opponent was an all mech AP2 AT weapon spam list.... NO FUN to play against aside from the fact that they were tearing me a new one from the second the match started :(

Im looking to use this thread to also serve as my ETL III log. Im painting some close combat terminators who are about 60% complete now :) il post pictures asap.

I am...undecided.

Im painting these guys more because I had them lying around and because I want to have them ready incase an apocalypse game is rearing its ugly head :lol:

Sadly my local GW is still closed today so I can get new paint tomorrow at the earliest :( I have however already constructed a 2nd vow that I plan to start after these guys are finished ^_^

Got a game scheduleded for tomorrow against Orks. We will be playing 2000 pts which we dont do very often. Because of that I want to bring my close combat termies with a land raider ride :) it adds quite nicely to my excisting list and brings something that I was lacking (namely AT from the LR and a durable close combat unit)

I also had 25 points left over which I used to give the SP on foot a poweraxe (because I got the model) and to give my rhino a HKM.

Making the list:

Lvl 2 liby with JP.

2 SP's. One with PS and JP and on foot with PA.

5 assault terminators with 3 TH&SS riding a LR with MM.

10 man assault squad with PF and 2 MG's.

5 man assault squad with PS and meltagun riding TLLC razorback

10 man tactical squad with flamer, missle launcher, PA riding a rhino with HKM.

10 man tactical squad with PG an LC.

Baal predator with heavy bolter sponsons

Vindi with siege shield

MM&HF speeder

2000 pts on the dot :) il make some pictures tomorrow and hopefully get to give you guys a good batrep :tu:

That's a nice list. With all our fast tanks, dreadnoughts, death company etc. it's too easy to forget that there is such a thing as BA tac marines!

What makes you choose them over, say, more jump assault troops?

Good luck anyway, give them greenskins hell :D

Cheers for the feedback guys smile.png I love tacticals, theyre a fluffy unit (were still a codex chapter mostly after all) and ALOT of people underrestimate them. The fact that I tend to keep a SP nearby whatever tactical squad is objective holding means theyre incredibly resiliant! They can fire and in combat they still have MEQ stats. I love em! Just wish they were abit cheaper....

I generally write my lists to be all-comers. Hence I dident stock up on anti-horde (which I know my buddy loves to take) and my opponent is a horde player. We have been playing eachother for a long time and know what units we have, but we dont tool our lists happy.png

We rolled the "both sides have 1 objective" mission and just went with standard deployment which we usually do. My opponent had:

warboss with mega armor, bosspole and 5++.

Big mek with burna and KFF

3 meganobz with a trukk

unit of 18 shootaboyz with powerklaw nob with boss pole, 'eavy armour and riding a battlewagon (AFAIK without upgrades aside from the deffrolla) warboss joined this unit

unit of 30 boyz with 3 big shootas rest sluggas, nob with PK, BP, 'eavy armour. Big mek joined these

unit of 30 boyz with 3 rokkits, rest shootas, nob with PK, BP, ' eavy armour

unit of 12 gretchin with runtherd

unit of 3 kannons. Maybe an extra crewmember or not, dident check

unit of 10 lootas

unit of 10 Kommandos with 1 burna

unit of 10 stormboyz with the special character (zagstrukk?)

unit of 3 killa kans with kustom mega blastas

deffdread with 2 flamers

3 deffkoptas with twin linked rokkit launchas

I think that was about it. We rolled for first turn and I got it. Setup my tacticals with LC and PG on the objective, joined by the SP on foot. ASsault squad, LR, vindi went to the right of that. Speeder behind the ruin. Baal and raazorback to the left. I combat squaded the rhino squad in 2 and put the ML combat squad in a ruin. The rhino was also on the left.

sml_gallery_11639_4389_575808.jpg

My opponent deployed his rokkit unit, gretchin, kill kans and kannons on the left. Lootas were on the objective. The unit with the big mek, kopta thingies and the wagon with 3 meganobz was to the right. His warboss had the "your hq can outflank" warlord trait so he held him in reserves. His kommandos, stormboyz were also in reserves.

sml_gallery_11639_4389_769212.jpg

I had the "units within 12 inch of your warlord reroll 1's to hit in combat" warlord trait, which I quite liked.

My opponent rolled to sieze initiative and got it. Butfirst we had a scout move and his kopters moved up. I moved my baal slightly so that my opponent would always hit him on the front. My 10 man jumpy ASM squad, terminators and 5 man razorback squad all got red thirst. We rolled for night fighting and got it!

My opponents koptas moved up, as did his wagon. His units of 30 boyz also moved up abit but my opponent has a habbit of steering clear of terrain so he tends to bottle kneck his units. Shooting were either misses or saved by cover saves from me.

My turn 1, I moved my land raider up, speeder, baal and vindi move up as well. Shooting is mostly negated but I do wreck 1 kill kan. I killed 6 of his 10 lootas even though he had a 3+ cover save (ruin and night fighting) but they hold ground. I killed 1 kopter thingy and the squad flees before I can charge them.

Ork turn 2, Stormboyz come in and charge the vindi, wrecking it and getting first blood. The rest moves up. Rhino takes a penetrating hit, getting stunned. His trukk moved to dangerous proximity to my assault squad. He could charge them next turn.

BA turn 2. My LR disgorges its terminator cargo, I wreck the trukk with the lascannons and combi-charge the koptas and the disembarked meganobz. Dispite him getting 4 or 5 wounds on my terminators the hammernators tank all the damage and wipe the meganobz in return. LC's do 1 wound on the koptas for no damage in return and they flee. I fired my assault squad and tactical squad at Zagstrukk and his boys and reduce them to a pile of bodies, only zagstruk remains with 1 wound. D'oh! Baal shot at the lootas and killed 2 more, making them flee off the objective! Huzzah!

Ork turn 3. The warboss comes in with his battlewagon and his unit fires a hail of bullets at the terminators. I get like 10 wounds, first 2 result in a hammer and LC terminator dying but aside from that no harm is done. Zagstrukk flies out of the ruin and wrecks my Baal. My speeder is charged and exploded by the 2 remaining kill kans (all my AT failed on last turn. TLLC, missle launcher and MM in melta range all failed to hit or penetrating AV11 kill kans, one of which only had 1 HP left wallbash.gif ) my TLLC razorback gets reduced to 1 HP and is shaken. Assault squad inside is unaffected though.

sml_gallery_11639_4389_63416.jpg

BA turn 3. I embark the terminators back on my LR. Said LR backs up and scores a glancing hit on the battlegwagon. Assault squad move to a location where they can support the terminators if need be and where they are out of range of that deffrolla ph34r.png I wreck one more killa kan and my assault squad disembark from the razorback and melta zagstrukk to death. TLLC razorback tries to hit the remaining kill kan but fails (beeing shaken and all)

Ork turn 4. Kommandos come in automaticly and come in from my left flank. They flame the ML tactical squad and kill the ML and a bolter marine. Yay, so now all theyre good for is rapid firing stuff sad.png Battlewagon moves up, disgorges its cargo and with a waagh he charges my LR (he needed the reroll to, initial roll was snake eyes and then he got 11 inches blink.png ) he explodes my LR with the warboss. The killa kan moves in on my rhino and wrecks it in combat, disembarking the tactical marines safely behind it (the big 30 boyz unit cant charge them now)

sml_gallery_11639_4389_702789.jpg

BA turn 4.

Terminators and assault squad charge the warboss and co. He challenges and I accept with my hammernator sargeant. The ASM wipe the orks (LC termi dident even get to hit...) and in the challenge my sarge gets wounded 3 times. He tanks them all! He whacks the warboss in the face 2 times but his invul save holds. I wound him a further 5 times (liby and PF) but he only fails 2 saves from the PF. He fails LD and gets overrun by the ASM!

sml_gallery_11639_4389_596381.jpg

On the left flank my 5 man razorback squad tries to charge the kommandos but needs a 5 inch charge and I roll 4 (and they failed to do anything with shooting to sad.png) but the 3 tactical marines managed to kill the flamer and 2 other orks. My tacticals avenge their wrecked rhino by moving behind the killa kan and glancing it to death with righteous bolter fire! Take that! I reduce the battlewagon to 2 HP's with shooting, get a crew shaken result on it.

Ork turn 5. The kommandos charge the 5 ASM and get their butts whupped! Only 3 models kommandos remain while they do kill 2 ASM (normal marine and meltagunner) The big mob tries to charge the tacticals but my flamer kills the closest one and the rest are now out of charge range. Battlewagon moves behind my lines and shoots down a meltagunner (closest target) and otherwise does nothing.

BA turn 5. My hammernators charge and explode his battlewagon. My 3 ASM charge and wipe the kommandos (unsure if they should continue fleeing or not but meh, hitting them with a powersword worked to biggrin.png) my ASM move up 12 inches and run 5 inches getting them 2 inches in my opponents DZ.

sml_gallery_11639_4389_431677.jpg

(ignore the orks in his deployment zone, those are dead)

We roll a dice for turn 6 and its a 2. The game is over!

VP tally for orks: First blood and objective.

VP tally BA: Slay the warlord, line breaker and objective.

Victory for the blood angels!

Archived