Tagmatah + Iron 2k

Nehekhare

Army concept:

http://i.imgur.com/TryMKVsl.jpg

Mechanicum rump with a nice jug of iron.

+++ Combined Arms Detachment: Tagmatah Omnissiah +++

/HQ (Warlord): Archmagos Prime Malagra /w Cyber-Familiar, Machinator Array (200) + 3x Cyber-Occularis (45) *joins Tac Squad

/Troops: 10 Adsecularis Tech-Thralls (35)

/Troops: 3 Castellax /w dual flamers (285)

/Troops: 3 Castellax /w dual flamers (285)

/Fortification: Bastion /w Ammunition Dump (95)

+++ Allied Detachment: IV Legion Iron Warriors +++

/HQ: Master of Signals Centurion (95) *joins Havocs on Battlements

/Troops: 15 Tactical Marines /w Combat Blades, Vexilla, Sgt /w PF, AA (265)

/Elites: Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad (295)

/Heavy: 9 Iron Havocs /w ML (330)

>>>2000pts

• 4 weeks later...

My list is flipped from yours:

Master of Signal

20x Tac Squad

10x Tac Squad

Apothecary (for the 20x squad)

Twin-Las Contemptor Mortis

Iron Havocs with 4x Las

Sicaran Tank Destroyer

Allies

Magos Prime-Macrotek

Thallax Cohort-1 Photon Thruster

Thanatar Siege Automata

Fortifications

2 Imperial Bastions with Quad Guns

nice, but seems quite stationary and low on troops. This is why I took mechanicum as primary: castellax are pure objective-secured murder and minimum thralls are so cheap enough to fill the backfield as long as nothing breaks through your walls.

I'd definately put some upgrades to the tac squads, artificer armor and vexilla minimum.

bastions rock as fire bases, but don't leave home without an ammo dump if you intent to use it as such.

why the makrotek? nothing to repair, no auxilia...

my archmagos is melee & morale support for the tacs, though I'd make him myrmidax if it got him (and thus the whole squad!) pref enemy (everything) like it should.

It was built purely as a Castle/Seige Force.  The Makrotek lets you take 2 Fortifications.  So then I have 2 Bastions...with 2 quad guns.  This list is just a starter list for now and to let me have fun sitting back and shooting.  The two Marine blobs are for objectives if I don't whittle them away with all the Las/Pie plates

Remember the tacs have morale issues (well...in melee only for IW, but this will happen sooner or later). You have to enter the field in order to score. In my experience, the tacs become fodder if they're not backed up. An Apothecary is good (wish I had the slot), but he can take AA and a sword, too!

Ah right, more fortifications. However, you get 1-3 bastions and 1-5 ADLs (and up to one landing platform and honored imperium each) for a single slot with a fortified position network (see stronghold assault). And Ammo Dumps!

I don't really need the quad guns because I have ML havocs, but the 3 (the 4th always looks away from the board) heavy bolters are a nice addition. 

We play a lot of team games here too, so might not have to do with the Tacs running away too much.

Might have to look at the fortifications and switch it around.  We use a good number of building and such here so it's always nice/amusing to plop down two purchased fortifactions and make a fort lol

The H Bolters will be nice, especially if someone trys to be sneaky and deep strike behind me.

May I ask why no Thallax Cohort?  They seem pretty auto-include for a Troop choice.  At least to me...I might be over looking something though.

not a fan of Thallax. only 1 shot per guy, bad AP, bad armor. Only thing going for them was the mobility and now you get Vorax with dual fists that actually get stuff done. As far as  Mechanicum Troops are concerned, it's Castellax all they way for me (fill up with min thralls for scoring and cannon fodder) - bolt cannons and dual flamers on an MC chassis? Yes, please! Try to get those off an objective with your tac marines...

Archived