[HH1.0] 30k Alpha Legion Tactics

hivey

Take Mutable Tactics Move Through Cover, and a Praevian with Darkfire Cannon Castellax with Tank Hunters Legion Inductees.

These Deep Strike into an enemy backline, because the Praevian gives them Infantry type allowing them to Deep Strike into cover for free (no Dangerous terrain because Move Through Cover), get Preferred Enemy Tank Hunters AP1 Lance with 2 shots apiece. Praevian can get a Powerfist and Dagger for 4 attacks on the defensive and bring a Nanyte Blaster as well. Keep Dynat with a Drop Podded Headhunters Squad nearby where he provides a bonus CC ability to that squad and the threat of up to 5 Monstrous Creatures which are BS5 Preferred Enemy because of his Cognis Signum.

Dynat = 200

Praevian, x5 Castellax, x5 Darkfire Cannons, Nanyte Blaster = 680

Headhunters, +4, Heavy Bolter with Banestrike and Suspensor, Power Fist and Power Dagger, Meltabombs, Artificer Armour, Legion Drop Pod = 345

Very, very hefty chunk of points, but Headhunters are scoring too with the FAQ.

It allows a Praevian into an Orbital Assault Army as well. 

In regards to his abilities; eh, he sucks. 3, 4 attacks on the charge. I thought it was a Paragon Blade. It's not. It's a shoddy power sword

Anyone running the event only model guy? You can get his rules off FW site, for experimental rules he has not half bad. Looks to good for small armies, or not taking any low, being able to pick your trait could be useful and having vets as your mantory troops is different. The model himself looks great.

Yeah that can set up some great combos, free army trait, vets pick addition one than select your warlord trait, it almost OP, but fits the XX perfectly, just sucks there experimental rules. Or I would be auto including him

he comes with his own ROW so I am unsure if you can take him in coil of hydra list. He wouldn't serve much good in there because you would lose his row. But as for model it self he could fit the bill for any of consul types.

Side note FW newsletter had updated shot of dynat in it, perhaps soon he will go up for preorder, the model it self looks great. It's about time we get some HQ models done.

He has an unique RoW available to all Delagus Consuls that is designed to be used in small points games such as Zone Mortalis games. You can choose any RoW when using him. I think he would fit perfectly in a Coils list as we have to be a heavy troop tax, however being limited to the Vigilator seems too much of a restriction. Edited by PastelAvenger

"Rite Of War: Chosen Duty

The following Rite of War can be used by a Legion Delegatus being fielded as the army’s Warlord. It represented esents the officer selecting a small but potent strike force of chosen warriors for the prosecution of a specific objective. It can be used in any mission, but is particularly appropriate for use in smaller scale games, such as the Zone Mortalis missions provided in The Horus Heresy Books One and Three, and the Strategic Raids missions in Book Four."

I haven't read book 4 yet so i don't know much about the raid missions.

dont want to come across as dick but I don't see how you can select both coil of hydra and his row in the same list. You can't take allies with him when you feild him.

now you can pick him as your warlord and not take his ROW, this is where he would shine in higher point games. If you not look to take a lot of points in HQ.

Please don't take this as me being combative I just trying to spark a solid debate on tactics, unfortunately somtimes typing things out has away of coming across as being :cuss.

I have a guestion:

I want to make a army including a Delegatus (the event only character) but also Armillus Dynat, both say that they MUST be the warlord of the army, Armillus does not count as a preator.. So he is allowed to be taken, but who must be the warlord? Armillus or the delegatus?

I myself think Armillus, he is a higher ranking officer in the fluff, and his rules specify he MUST be the warlord unless Alpharius is present.

Thats a tough call both command the top spot but in rules and fluff. They only thing I can see as clear winning is Dynat the reason behind this is the delegatus is still experimental rules. So if your playing agsint some they can just veto him out.

Than again seeing who this the XX legion you can spin it anyway you like to say why one is in charge over the other.

Doesn't the Delgatus also say he only relinquishes warlord to the Primarch, if present? If that be the case, you are back to square one. My thought would be player choice. Yes even though Dynat is higher up, the XX still value flexibility, and the Delgatus's rite could be more useful.

Or you could circumvent the issue and just take Alpharius. They both know who's boss :)

Hi,

Thank you for your email. The Delegatus is empowered by the Legion Primarch to Command, so he takes precedence of command.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,

Forge World

This should answer the question.

Not really, as Dynat wouldn't give him the command. After re reading the rules you still come to the same conclusion both tell us they are to be the warlord. Why would you take both though? I can't see any reason why.

If they referenced Dynat in your email I would be all for it but they don't.

Here is the email I sent them that does referenced Dynaat.

On 12 March 2015 at 21:49, <> wrote:

I would like my army including a Delegatus (the event only character) but also Armillus Dynat, both say that they MUST be the warlord of the army. So he is allowed to be taken, but who must be the warlord? Armillus or the delegatus

Hi,

Thank you for your email. The Delegatus is empowered by the Legion Primarch to Command, so he takes precedence of command.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,

Forge World

Other the rule of cool I wouldn't personally take both. But I was already emailing FW some questions for league play, so I tossed in the this as well, this way other players could use it as reference.