[HH1.0] 30k Alpha Legion Tactics

hivey

Hey guys, a quick list of a concept I like : An alpha legion + sons of horus Shattered Legion list in 3000pts. The main fluff point is that the Warmaster asked Autilon Skorr and the AL to see a conquest to completion for him. And for his task, he requested the presence of Maloghurts and some elements of the SoH's elite. "Contrary to what you've always been used to, cripple, in this campaign MY words carry the Warmaster's will, not yours."

Autilon Skorr

Maloghurst

Contemptor, 2 CCW, 2 grav gun

Dread drop pod

Contemptor Mortis Double Kheres

5 Justaerin 3 chainfist Multi melta 3 combi weapons

ANvilus Dreadclaw pod

10 Vets 2 heavy bolter

10 Vets 2 heavy bolter

10 Reavers jump packs 6 chainaxes 2 melta 2 power weapons

Champion with artificer armor power fist

10 Seekers : 6 combi weapons

Sicaran with lascannons sponsors

2 Vindicators

1 Leviathan : cyclonic melta lance + CCW

For a total of 3000 pts

Skorr uses his warlord trait to infiltrate the vets and the seekers. Even though the basis of the list is fluff and rule of cool (and dammit I love the idea of Maloghurst being someone else's little b*tch against his will), I feel like it doesn't really make sense as it is, as I don't really exploit alpha legion mutable tactics (only 3 Legiones astartes : AL in the list), nor do I use any Rites of War.

Depends on the rest of your list I'd say.

They are, of course, a tad more expensive.

In a melee oriented CotH list, and supplemented by other units, they could work like a charm though, maybe in combination with DS-ing Gal Vorbak, anti-tank Tac Vets in Dreadclaws, a couple Contemptors in pods, plus Dynat.

Moving away from CotH, Assault Squads sure are at their best when run in DAV.

Thanks! Indeed I'm aiming at cc oriented coils. I'm considering spending Rewards slot on Mhara Gal - my friend palys WB and I have to say that this dread is extremely annoing and hard to put down in cc (not by shooting though) + it wrecks any unit in assault. Unfortuanetely it's quite expensive. + I will be fighting versus TS in the near future so I think Mahra Gal is kind of good choice to test.

This or Tyrants who can shoot and punch faces if needed.

I'm in the proces of testing Lerneans and I came to conclusion that I kind of like them. Sure, they are more expensive than regulars or command but WS5 and stubborn is great. After loosing too many assaults because of not hitting (lol) and then being swept because of bad ld rolls, I started to appriciate them even at the cost of 50pts more than command.

I'm even thinikg of using them as my premiere cc unit with chaplain or librarian. The only problem I see is of course transportation. Spartan?

Edited by rendingon1+

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at attending one of the inner circle events and its 500 point list.  Thinking Skorr and two 5 man vet sqs, and maybe a attck bike with MM in case some tries fitting in armor, I Know bring a 30k list i going to at disadvantage but its the army i am submitting for display. So trying to toss around options and 500 is not a lot of room to work with.  

Looking at attending one of the inner circle events and its 500 point list. Thinking Skorr and two 5 man vet sqs, and maybe a attck bike with MM in case some tries fitting in armor, I Know bring a 30k list i going to at disadvantage but its the army i am submitting for display. So trying to toss around options and 500 is not a lot of room to work with.

I'd definetly either try a quad mortar with shatter shells or a javellins they are always good and very good at low points to as they are decently hard to kill and deliver lots of firepower.

What are peoples preferred unit to deep strike in using Dynat's rule when Warlord?

I recently used a squad of 7 Termies, all with combi-meltas, with a mix of fists, chain fists and power axes, at a 5 game Campaign. 

I have to admit they underwhelmed quite a lot with all the armoured ceramite floating about and were quickly taken back off the board once they did arrive. 

Not discounting them yet, as I'm new to the game so still learning best use of them. The theory with the combi-meltas was to have an instant impact when they arrive, before taking and hopefully surviving a round of enemy shooting. 

So this got me thinking as to what others are teleporting onto the field?

Machine killer vets with combimelta/meltas, preferably with tank hunting if feasible. Cheap enough that it won't matter too much if they die and threatning enough to function as a distraction. And S 9 AP1 with tank hunter will hurt even armoured ceramite. But yes, it will basically be a one way trip. A support squad with meltas/plasmas could also do the job.

• 2 weeks later...

Any try out a unit of Sekhmet terminators yet?

Never saw the XX as psyic dependent army, but on paper they looks to be few plus to them. Cheap combo-weapons, force weponds subjective but when they work it's great. And they are a level 2. So not to bad at tossing out a power.

Granted there better terminators units to steal, but at lest on paper they got me thinking.

I don't know if you can ever call Sehket terminators terrible, but yeah they definetly don't work as well when not in a TS list so that they have access to their cult upgrade and synergies with the rest of the TS units. If you want elite 2w terminators as AL red butchers, justerian or firedrakes are still probably a better bet. 

Really? They are a great unit but terrible for Alpha Legion because they lose the cult bonus. This was covered like a page ago.

Must have missed it. I seen the one about SW and losing their bonus not being in SW list, guess thats what I get for not fully reading :cuss.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't bother with headhunters at all unless it's a ZM game (even then they aren't great), normal seekers or vets are a better choice by far.

I'll not bore you with the details but myself and others have tried to make them work but they just aren't up to par for the points cost. If they were 125 points base for 5 i would maybe consider using them again.