So far I have cut what I hope is the correct angle for the tracks that rest on the top. Unfortunately due to the design of the landraider, I think it is impractical to have the small front section that goes over the tracks like on the original, and instead cover up more of the tracks instead. (I am also limited by the length of tracks supplied with the kit.
Without further ado, here is my progress so far:
Side showing cut away.
I will have to cover the entre panel with plasticard to hide the gaping holes left by the doors. Also have yet to work out how exactly I will be incorperating lascaonnon sponsons onto the side of the thull. Currently have two options: Use the land raider lascannons (but only one each side) or the predator ones (or even a mix of both!) My current thinking is predator, as they Sicaran is meant to be between the two, so some overlapp seems prudent.
Current progress on the front:
After completing the bottom bit of the front I noticed how steep I had made it compared to the actual model, but after mounting it on, it doesn't look too bad
Current progress on the back:
The Sicarian seems to have a smaller engine unit than the landraider, and mounted higher up, requiring an extension down the bottom, and removing a chunk out of the power plant itself. This also meant I have had to cut the grating to about half the size for it to fit.
Current musings on the accelerator autocannon, I currently have casing for other the top, but not sure how I am going to go about the ammo drums at this point (do kind of want to show the ammunition in the drum though) Not sure on putting a belt feed to the model, I guess I'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Edited by Brother Tyler, 15 January 2017 - 09:07 PM.