Stepping Down ...

Sorry to see you go Brother Argos. Thank you for all your contributions and support these past years. Donated and will continue to do so.

While I do not spent a great amount of time here, the amount of work you put into this forum is evident. Sincerely sorry to see you step down, and wish you the very best.

I am very sorry to hear about this, and I also would like to thank you very much for creating and maintaining this awesome site! It is probably the only forum I have ever seen where people can have a polite and constructive discussion without trolls taking over after 2 pages, and that really means something! :) I am certain that we as members will be able to spare a few dollars a month to keep the site running.

I wish you all the best, brother!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Thank you Brother Argos for everything you've done for this site.  It simply wouldn't be the same without your input over the years.  Although you may be moving on from your current role, I'm sure everybody will want to continue to hear from the B&Cs Master of the Forge.

I hope we bump into each other sometime so I can buy you a well deserved beverage of your choice.

I donated as soon as I saw the new button, there's no way I'm going to lose my daily B&C fix.

Wow, this is really, really sad to read. I'm a almost only lurking around here but enjoying my time here immensely.

I donated in the past and I will do it again.

I shall name a Veteran Sergeant in my Ultramarine chapter "Argos"!

May the Emperor watch over you, brother!

You will be missed!

Brother Argos, thank you so much for nurturing and sustaining this great community, the BnC is more than worth my small donation, and you are most commendable of all. I wish you well good sir.

I'm on the B+C several times a day, mostly lurking... but still. Anyways thanks for all the hard work and patience over the years, so good luck Argos and take care.

Also how feasible is a subscription based donation system?

Edited by Heru Talon

Donated. I've started a new diet and exercise regimen, so I won't be buying any junk food at work anyway. I login to the board every day.

Thanks, Brother Argos for all of your efforts for us.

Brother Argos,

So sorry to hear you are leaving - but even more so to hear about your inability to continue in the hobby you love so much and have given so much to, both personally and to us, the community.

Can I pose this to you?

Can we, the community, have the ability to bankroll B&C?

Is there was an account that we could each link a Direct Deposit from our bank to pay for the running of B&C?

For example, if each of us gave $10 a month straight out of our pay into a B&C account to finance the cause, this would keep the community alive and this site running.

It's not much to ask - that's not even 1 mini a month!

So many of us already give to the Red Cross or Save the Children in this way - it's just one more way to help.

Please let us know.

All of want this to continue, and this solution would mean no more drives for money and all the time and energy that takes up.

I know this doesn't help you now -  but it could be a way to keep this all going in the future.

Thank you Brother Argos for all of your time, effort, and money that has been put into this community over the years. Even when the site had problems and went down there are no negative comments only encouragement. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

We'll begin preparations for your dreadnought interment immediately, Brother Argos. To get started, drink this goo....

You deserve a break more than anybody else here. :smile.: You've held the best Warhammer site on the Internet upon your shoulders for so long, nobody deserves to enjoy the B&C more than you. I hope you won't be a stranger. <3

Also how feasible is a subscription based donation system?

I have precisely NO influence over this...that's all Administratum. BUT consider my signature on the petition, as it were. A sub would be awesome. I would happily sign up for a $1/month contribution. I bet many would. $12 a year for the B&C is like the cost of a brew for a buddy and me...a brilliant pair of brews that last all year long.

The B&C has always held a special place in my heart.

There has never been a 40K site like this one, nor will there ever be I reckon.

Best of wishes to you and yours David and thank you very much for all the hard work and dedication throughout the years.

I lurk more then I post but the b&c has been a fantastic resource for me since returning to the hobby, my sincere thanks to brother Argos I wish you all the best for the future. I will be more than happy to donate to keep things running.

I may not know you personally, and before today I'll admit I did not know the shadowy owner/operator of this community.

That said, you will be missed.  I'm sure many of us are infinitely thankful for creating/sustaining/maintaining the venue and community that is B&C.

Sad to see you go, I've already donated and intend to help keep this legacy alive.

Best of luck, health, and life.

-Dark

Will add my thanks to those already eloquently expressed in this thread. B&C has seen me regain interest in the hobby and now is pretty much the focal point of my hobby. It is (in my opinion) the best site on the 'net and certainly the one I spend the most time on. The bulk of the credit for that goes to the excellent group of contributors who post their stuff on the site, but of course we all play in the space you created and are given direction by the philosophy you started and have kept going on the site,  and that you have funded from your own pocket. So can't really thank you enough for that.

I'll be donating ASAP, and would also be interested in exploring some kind of subscription.Hell, if I have the choice between spending $7 p/m on White Dwarf or the same on B&C, the difference in value for money and enjoyment is so stark that its the biggest no-brainer I can remember facing.

Hope things improve for you on the health front and that you still find enough enjoyment in the hobby to hang around and stay a part of the community.

Edited by Aegnor

Absolutly hearbreaking news! Brother Argos, you have never met me but I have been constantly in awe of you dedication and hard work for this site. I truly hope that something can work out well for you, you are a legend around these here parts!!!

I come here constantly, and this site is the sole reason i'm still in the hobby at all, I have just donated $10.

As for funding ideas, Is there anyway for the resident arists or writers to donate an item? Say list it on e-bay in the BnC's name once every few months. For example, id buy a painted figure of AD-B's for many gold pieces! (not singling you out for pressure AD-B) Id also pay many many pieces for works by certain people on these boards who only paint as a hobby!

You have my thanks for all the hard work you've done over the past years. The B&C is something special to many of us, and your'e hard work will not be forgotten. The best of wishes and best of luck to you, Brother.

-Tarvik