Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stepping Down ...

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,729 posts

I've already said my part, but...

It's a been a long road with a tremendous history. I don't think many people truly knew how much of yourself you put into this Power Armored Sandbox.

Again, thanks so much.

• Dosjetka and thade like this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

elmo

elmo

++ SANGUINEUM MARIONETUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,070 posts
  • Faction: T'au/Dark Angels/711th CCAB

Whoever steps up to the challenge of replacing you has my pity. You leave big shoes to fill...

Although I do not often see you bouncing around the forums I can imagine that you work like a whipped gretchin in the background ensuring that all runs smoothly.

I offer my profound thanks for the legacy which you leave behind and wish you all the best for your future.

Ave frater Argos

Edit: Donated!

Edited by Elmo9141, 03 June 2014 - 02:08 PM.

• TheDevourer likes this

de Payan

de Payan

++ ANTESIGNANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 155 posts

Very sorry to see you go after so many years.  Please lurk once in a while.  I enjoyed all you input over the years, especially your enthusiasm when B&C exploded so many years ago!

Best Regards,

Bill

Hexagon Sun

Hexagon Sun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 290 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
I'm mainly a lurker but I'd just like to say thanks for all of the time and hard work you've put into this site. It's head and shoulders above the rest of its peers and I hope that continues long after you've left. I've donated and would be interested in a sub system if it's possible to do so.

I check back here a few times a day and anything that I get that much enjoyment out of is worth supporting. All the best for the future and thanks again for providing us with something to be proud of.

Phadeout

Phadeout

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I'd like to thank you for providing me with a website that distracts me on a daily basis when I should be working, resulting in a kindling of hobby enthusiasm I haven't had for over 15 years, which has led to lots of fun times with my little son when we sneak down early on a Saturday morning to "play models!!!!"

In short the B&C rocks, I will certainly donate and I would like to wholeheartedly thank you and wish you all the best.

Phade

• JGeils81 likes this
NEwBanner

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,778 posts
  • Faction: Sons Of Doom,Vanquishers

Brother Argos, you are a legend of this hobby and let none dispute that. You sir have helped to maintain a site which lit the fires of my love for the space Marines and Warhammer 40000 (although I have since devolved to lurking and not doing much...). You and Madscuzzy's creation of the Space Marine Painter probably earned me my infamous placement in the Liber's Heraldry Department for the sheer amount of creations I put together way back in the times before this current decade.

This website had and always will be a home for me and my passion for Warhammer 40000 and the Adeptus Astartes and your efforts and dedication to this site has helped to ensure that. Thus, I am eternally grateful Brother Argos for all that you've done. I am so sorry for what you are having to endure beyond the B+C with your eyesight, now that I am employed at an Opticians, I am starting to see cases like yours first hand with the people I meet.

I will donate what I can to the B+C when my next pay-packet comes in. I may not be as common a face here any more, but I will ensure it is for others so that their passion for our hobby stays strong and grows.

Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

Beachymike123

Beachymike123

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,126 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors; Traitor Guard

The best of luck to you Brother Argos. Sorry to hear you're stepping back but its understandable. Don't forget to lurk here from time to time but make sure you're ok before anything else. 

I'll be donating as of my next payday, and this'll be a regular thing. May the B&C remain the greatest of 40k forums for as long as she sails the waves of the web. 

carpediem

carpediem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Thank you for creating, well, a haven; I've seen more reasoned debate and less harassment (of anyone) here than in almost any other part of the nerdspere. I'll see what I can't spare from my stipend.

The picture is Valentina Tereshkova; the first woman in space, and something of a personal hero.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,655 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

It seems that everything that could be said has been already (and far more eloquently than I could have put it), but I will echo it all. Brother Argos, you have risen above and beyond the call of duty so many times. You will be missed greatly. I wish you the very best going forward and I hope that you find a way to continue engaging with the hobby that you have given so much to. 

The Emperor's Champion

The Emperor's Champion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,730 posts
  • Faction: ℧ltramarines (16,000? pts)

I haven't been around in months now, but that's a function of what GW's been up to lately, not the B&C.
The B&C will always be one of my homes on the internet.
Because of the B&C, I've met a good number of people from all around the world who I've known for over a decade now.
That's amazing.

You have done us all a great service, Brother Argos.
And we all truly thank you.

I'm very sorry to hear of your eye problems.
We're crossing the horizon of all manner of fantastical biomedical breakthroughs that sound like science fiction becoming reality.
I very much hope science catches up to your specific needs and provides you the solution.

I most certainly wish you all the best, Brother. 
- The Emperor's Champion (TEC)

• Dosjetka and JGeils81 like this

"The ltramarines are the greatest of all Space Marine Chapters. From the dawn of the Imperium they have served the Emperor with loyalty and a ferocity that no others can match." "in faith and in valour they are unmatched." "The ltramarines are the exemplars of the Space Marines, the purest and noblest of all Adeptus Astartes." "Many hold the ltramarines to be the rightful heir not only of Guilliman, but of the Emperor himself." ~Games-Workshop

Names & Ranks Of The Ultramarines Chapter & Legion

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves,
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Disciple of Caliban Sgt

Disciple of Caliban Sgt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 653 posts

Brother Argos hopefully your health will improve and I wish you the best.

Best forum on the web and donation is in. Let us not let this great forum fall away.

TL;DR: "that guy" doesn't ever worry about being "that guy" laugh.png

- Warriorfish

ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_01.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif ETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpg

BassWave

BassWave

++ INCURSUS TACITURNUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,885 posts
  • Faction: Legiones Astartes X
My best wishes to you Brother Argos! You created a wonderful community where people with common interests can support and inspire each other, and for that I'm very grateful.

Sevatar

Sevatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 422 posts

Sad to hear Brother Argos. I hope you recover. Thank you for all your time and effort.

It's a well known fact among the Primarchs that nobody can defeat Guilliman with his back on the ground. Not Kor Phaeron, not Alpha Legion assassins...

Angron and Curze are only lucky he was awake. If he was on his back, it's time they had the big sleep.

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

Argos, you will be missed. You made the B&C what it is today, the most awesome bestest 40k forum on the interweb (anyone who says other-wise is a heretic and will be burnt).

Though I am currently without a job, as soon as I get one I will gladly donate £10 per month to help the site.

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra'    18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions; Geno One-Four-One Akkad; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

sml_gallery_48988_16053_16940.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_4278.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

194th Company, 19th Chapter, Ultramarines Legion - 'Ultimas of War'; Halcyon Dominion's 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland

Sons of Horus 38th Company

-----

Astral Claws 5th Company; XII Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Void Angels, Ultima Wardens, Crimson Saints  Adeptus Astartes Chapters

Order of the Amethyst Tower; Halcyon Dominion Militarum Forces; Knight House Cousland; Forge Fiefdom Orzarm

Void Knights Chaos Chapter

GreyCrow

GreyCrow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,727 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard, 2nd Company

This is sad news and I sincerely hope your health will be for the best !

I don't think it's a stretch to say that the entire Adeptus Astartes is really thankful for the community you have created here and proud to have served in the hobby alongside you. After all, you and you team have gathered enough members to fully field 67 Chapters !

I wish you the best for your next Crusader brother, and Brothers, it's time to honour the legacy of our ancestors and pay the Imperial Tithe !

For the Emperor, and the Administratum !

Community project : Let's Found a Chapter ! - http://www.bolterand...ound-a-chapter/

Pyromancer

Pyromancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts
  • Faction: Pre Heresy Iron Warriors
Thank you for all that you have done for the warhammer community! I truly believe that this is the greatest warhammer forum online today, and I now know just how much you have given to keep it running. I will definitely be donating later today. Hopefully you eyesight begins to improve! Thank You again!

gallery_75567_9107_2467.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

Pre-Heresy Iron Warriors

"Tell them ruin has come to their world. Death, despair and red war ... Tell them their hopes and pride have come to nothing. Tell them their empty whispers fall upon deaf ears - their gods are dead, human reason has killed them. Tell them the Angels of Death have come. Tell them nothing can save them now."

-Perturabo

Barabbas Sogalon

Barabbas Sogalon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,414 posts
  • Faction: XIV Legion

Thank you for everything! After I joined last year I feel my motivation for the hobby have increased ten fold, all thanks to this forum. And I'll be making a donation the second I get the opportunity.

Best of wishes from a grateful Norseman.

Adeptus-Alaska

Adeptus-Alaska

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,796 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
When I first found this forum I was instantly addicted. It had everything I loved about the hobby. And with it I found the brotherhood I didn't dream possible. I have made friends that I will have for the rest my life. And you were the one that made that possible. You always have my thanks and my respect.

Will be donating when I have the chance.

If you're gonna be a nerd, be an awesome nerd!

TDF

TDF

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 515 posts
Whenever the site goes down I get withdrawal symptoms, which shows how great the community is that you have built.

I hope that your health improves and you can reclaim that which was lost.

Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif  friday-award.png  friday-award.png gallery_51296_10593_8492.png

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,196 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I'm really sorry to hear this, Brother Argos, especially about your eyesight.

I love these forums for the creative spirit here - there's a lot of great and inspiring painting and modeling work, and a lot of it is further elevated by theming, fluff snippets, narrative context, and a slew of extra labours of love that people put into their projects and it's really great to see. That kind of creative process absolutely thrives here and it's probably the main reason why I've dropped off posting anywhere else and the B&C is the only 40k forum I frequent anymore.

Anyway, I'll definitely be donating - I just don't think the hobby would be as satisfying without this place, so by that logic I'm rolling "donate to the B&C" into my hobby budget.

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Konnavaer

Konnavaer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 316 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Sorry to hear about your health issues dude, as the above posts testify you are leaving a legacy behind that has enabled countless people to find inspiration, friendship and a place to feel comfortable and like they belong. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication and I wish you all the best with everything you do.

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
Thank you for all the hard work you have put into this site. All the best for the future.

If only we could get you some regen treatment and cybernetic eyes!

Nobu

Nobu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts
  • Faction: Castigators

I rarely post here but I visit every day just to see painted marines and stuff.

And these daily minutes of joy comes from you.

Thanks a lot and take care. :)

bushman101

bushman101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 616 posts
  • Faction: Guardian Angels (Blood Angels)
Thanks for your hard work

Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifgallery_29004_6198_8099.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifgallery_29004_10383_4142.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifgallery_48988_15465_4633.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.png

BT_Cennar

BT_Cennar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 156 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves/ Black Templars

I feel for you Brother Argos. Having myself trouble with 1 eye i can imagine how troublesome things might be loosing eyesight. Wish you best luck with that.

As Black Templar: Request for Help received. 

Crusade (Donation) on its way.

Brother Jochteas:
I mean do you really need to justify it anymore then this?
"Russ Bro-dad, I got this it works well, but its not shiny"
"What ever bro-son, it all shines with the blood of heritics and Xenos"
"Thanks Bro-Dad, you're the bark bark best!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users