Stepping Down ...

Thanks for all the fish! :)

This has been a great forum, where I have been lurking and posting with enjoyment and frustration now for a few years, and I'm sure I will do so for many years to come. Your legacy will live on in the interwebz for sure and I'll be donating as soon as I figure out where that button is located, hehe

Best of luck to you Brother Argos, I hope everything goes well!

A sad day for the board indeed. All the best Brother Argos, you will be missed. Thank you so much for your efforts throughout the years in making this the best forum I have ever encountered and been a part of. You leave behind a fantastic legacy.

We shall erect a mighty statue and display in forever in your honour, brother Argos, in the hall of honour. Thanks for a great site, without it I wouldn't have improved in this hobby! Donations sent, we'll take good care of the ship for you

Brother Argos thanks for all you have done to provide this space for us to interact with others who love this hobby. The fact that you paid many of the costs associated with running such a large site for years without asking for any help is a testament to how awesome you are. Edited by Black Cohort

The BnC is my main connection to this hobby. Indeed, if the BnC were to slip away so to would my interest in this little galaxy of ours.

Brother Argos is a big reason behind its continued success and has served admirably for a long time. Im sorry to see you go brother. Rest assured the BnC will endure.

Thank you Brother Argos for your hard work and dedication over the years. The B&C community is a living testamant to your achievements. Long may it be so.

I can find no words to do justice to the sadness of this announcement. I have donated before and shall do so again. With thousands of members it doesn't take much per person to keep the site going and I think that it is worth every penny. I don't want to go calling names but some other hobby sites have become almost worthless as they become ever slower and more crowded with adverts and the quality of content diminishes. Brother Argos your decision to keep the B&C advert free and support it out of your own pocket is a mark of a truly dedicated hobbyist rather than someone looking to cash on their fellow gamers and I applaud you for that.

Your health problems with your eyesight are tragic and a wake up call to all of us to enjoy what we can whilst we can. I have no doubt that many talented and dedicated people shall strive to see that the Bolter and Chainsword and your legacy endure. I hope you feel suitably proud of what you have accomplished and that you will visit from time to time.

Thank you for everything Brother Argos. When I first joined the forum 3 years ago I found a home, somewhere I coukd express my love of spave marines.When I was battling severe depression and questioned why bother, the B&C was one of the few things that kept me going. So for me dobating to something that helped save my life is a no brainer. It pains me to see our Master of the Forge leave but I will immortalize you in miniature.

Thank you Brother Argos. For Everything.

Brother Argos, thanks for all the time and effort you have put into running the site. B&C brought me back to the hobby after a few years in the wilderness, and remains (aside from painting) my main connection to the game.

Didn't realise you funded it off your own back too, for that you have my gratitude. Donation on the way.

I haven't posted here in many years, but I never stopped lurking and taking inspiration from and enjoying this forum (much more so than dakka or warseer, it has to be said). I hope that this site can continue for many years to come, and I just made a small donation - I would give more but the student budget is an unforgiving one. Best of luck for the future brother Argos, I wish you the very best and thank you for the hard work you've out into this fantastic forum.

My gratitude for all your hard work and patronage here.
Your intricately converted models are legend!
While I fully understand your motivation for stepping down, I hope you will still pay the community a social visit from time to time.

We will pick up the financial slack.

I will happily commit to a non-trivial monthly contribution. If enough do the same, we might even be able to make a preemptive dent in the hardware department. What is the amount of active posters these days, anyways? Many people contributing monthly, modest amounts is surely more financially stable than a fewer people contributing bigger chunks whenever funds are tight!

Hi Argos - I usually just visit the on site heresy forums. Just wanted to say that you are not alone. I lost the sight in my right eye 10 years ago due to numerous retinal detachments.

In October/November 2013 my left eye decided that it wanted to be a a pain in the a*rse too as my retina started to give way in numerous peripheral locations and then I found out I have Wet Macular Degen too. I'm 38!

I feel your pain as I too enjoy the hobby and have similar struggles.

Keep your chin up mate.

Cheers

Gav.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Brother Argos I wish you well for the future and would like to thank you for this superb forum/community.

Having only got back into the hobby a few short years ago I found this place and frankly not a single day has passed where I haven't been on here checking out news, painted minis or the latest talking points. It really is a great place to be.

I have chipped in happily and do hope we can reach the target.

I've gone from a lurker to fairly regular commenter over the last few years and really appreciate the effort, time and money you've in invested in making this forum work so well.

I can't imagine what slowly failing eyesight must be like for anyone never mind someone in the hobby. I hope it stabilises at some point soon!

Will be donating when I get paid later in the month!

SW1

I am truly sorry to hear such news Brother Argos. Health should always comes first and i can only wish you the best. This forum as been a great source of inspiration for me and i will, like the many others rise to this challenge amd help keep the B&C alive.

Take good care of yourself.

Sad news indeed.  This site is an awesome resource for 40K fans and I can only echo the sentiments expressed by others before me.  I wish you all the best in the future Brother Argos.

A donation will be made shortly.

If every active user donated 10 cents, then we'd have enough to run it every month right?

Also, could be a good idea to get some adverts on the site. Those non-intrusive ones that go at the top. With the high traffic of the site, it could go some way towards helping fund the place.