Stepping Down ...

Don't know what more I can say that others have not already said Argos.

You created a site without adverts, funding the site from your own pocket. You are one in a million.

Bolterandchainsword was the first site I posted on and I continue to check on a daily basis. This site motivates me to do more and more in the 40k universe.

I agree that a small monetary donation is something that I personally will do on a regular basis in the future, having donated a few minutes before posting this.

I hope your health improves in the future and will stay involved in the hobby.

Best wishes, Brother Morgan.

Thank you Brother Argos for your hard work that you have put into B&C.

I made a donation. And if the B&C will keep the donation button as a permanent feature I will continue to make donations whenever I can, for as long as I'm using this great forum. 

Hail and farewell Brother Argos. I will add my voice to the many others in offering you my sympathy for your medical condition and my unending thanks for this site that you have created, maintained and funded for the last decade and more. This is literally the only online site of which I am a member and as I live in a remote part of Ireland it is my only link to this hobby of ours. This site is my daily release valve from reallife and I am fortunate enough to have a job which will allow me to contribute to the ongoing running of the site. I would also be interested in some form of direct debit/standing order to keep the fund topped up, my own feeling is that since Argos ran this site ad free we should respect that going forward.

Brother Argos, thanks again and don't be a stranger. 

This is not only the best 40k forum, but also the best forum I am a member of in any of my hobbies and real life things, by far. Thank you for all your hard work and effort, all the very best with your health, family and future.

ps - it is approaching payday for me but when it hits you can be sure I will donate :)

Brother Argos, I bend my knee and salute you for all the work, time, energy and money you have put into keeping this site up and running. I have been praying for you about your health situation and I shall continue. I thank you for all that you have done, and once I get my own finical issue handled, I will donate to this. You, out of everyone who helps run this wonderful site, deserve the break and may the Emperor and Omissiah watch over you. You will be deeply missed and greatly remembered for what you have done within these hallowed halls. 

Ave Argos, blessings of the Omissiah be upon you.

What else can I say that has not been said already? Brother Argos, thank you for all the hard work, sweat and tears you've put into the forum, for they are sorely appreciated. Here, you have certainly ensured that humanity stands resplendent, and your legacy is this marvellous forum.

Here's hoping that you get well soon and your eyesight gets better. Ave!

[EDIT]

Donation heading your way!

Edited by Dragonkin Arenis

Brother Argos, this board would not be the success it is without your hard work and dedication to keeping it going

Thank you for everything you've done for our little community, I hope to still see you on the boards but you have earned your retirement form being the board god, you have gone above and beyond

Also, a personal highlight of the years I've been on this board was watching you create your Iron Hands tactical squad. One of the best WIPS ever :)

Thank you David, take care

Edited by Cyrox

Just a note to say this is and hopefully will continue to be a fantastic site. 

Im on here daily and take inspiration form the creativity and feedback of my fellow members.Without it I dont think Id have the drive to paint as much as I do now

Sorry to hear about your condition and I hope that taking a step back will give you the time you need.

Im more than happy to donate on a regular basis (Ive just done this before posting) so I think if the site can work out n annual drive or plan for the hosting etc costs Im sure collectively we can do this.

All the best for the future 

Rich

Edited by UltraRich

Brother Argos, as many have said before thank you for all the hard work as well as time and money you have put into this great forum.

Since I discovered the B&C some 15 years ago I may not have posted much but been on here most days. I have always enjoyed the great atmosphere around here, where discussions could get heated but mostly stayed civil. I think this speaks volumes about the spirit of this board.

The work produced by some of the frater here is inspirational to say the least. This combined with the general helpfulness, as witnessed by the large tutorial section, is what kept me "coming back for more" each time.

I sincerely hope, that your health will get better, and you will be able to enjoy the hobby again.

Take care and don't be a stranger on here after your "retirement".

Thanks for everything Brother Argos, the good tidings and comments shared here are a testament to the community you've created.

I sincerely hope you pass the reigns of the SM Painter onto someone else, I was always enamoured with the in progress shots you put out so long ago. Truly an incredible legacy to leave behind.

Fare thee well, Brother!

Brother Argos,

Thank you.

You and the B&C have helped me in more ways than you could ever know.

I have donated before and will continue to do so as long as I am able.

My modeling purchases can be diminished some for the sake of the B&C!

VIVAT ARGOS! VIVAT ARGOS! VIVAT ARGOS!

Sincerely,

Archangel

Thank you for everything, youve been great. If I wasnt a poor student I would donate myself.

Although, my university department is studying the development of software for bionic eyes. I plan on going into research after i get my degree, so i'll do my best for you, man!

It's thanks to you, Argos, that this is the best 40k community on the Internet. I don't even bother with others anymore, I only need this one.

You've done so much for so many of us, and we will always appreciate it

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Thanks for everything Brother Argos. You're a champion among mere mortals, and I'm sure all of us who make the BnC our online home appreciate all the tireless hours and funds you've put into keeping this place in top shape. 

Stay well, and best of luck in all of your future endeavours.

While I have always been more of a lurker on the board over the years, it is rare for me to go more than a day without combing its vast data stacks for information and inspiration (or sometimes just plain entertainment).  This is due to the truly herculean workload you have shouldered on behalf of the brothers & sisters of the B&C.

Take care of your health, enjoy the downtime and don’t become a stranger.

Donation made.

I was very sorry to hear the news, my thoughts are with you and best wishes for the future. You have done an outstanding job with this forum and have made it what it is, the best 40K forum out there. I don't know what we would do without B&C, it must and will endure. Thank you Brother Argos and good luck!