Stepping Down ...

Take care brother! I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles and would like to thank you for putting all the effort you have in this great community. I hope you'll stick around a little and sometimes say hello. Take care!!!

Oh and: donated, of course.

Merged double post, Dam13n.

Edited by Dam13n

Firstly, very sorry to hear about your health problems Brother Argos - I hope you are able to access all the treatment, care and support you need.

Secondly, thank you for all your efforts over the years running this forum, its one of the few places on the internet that's still worth visiting. The range of hobby talent that gathers here never ceases to amaze me, there are few places like it.

Sad to hear about your situation Argos, but in the end things have a weird way of working out. All of the hard work you have done with the B&C will always be remembered and appreciated. Hopefully you'll pop around here every now and then.

But now that our revered Master of the Forge has been assigned to other duties, it is up to us to step our game up. It is up to us to ensure that this Fortress-Monastery, home of our sacred Brotherhood, keeps standing proud against the horrors of the Warp (Internet). If you call yourself a member of the Adeptus Astartes, you will donate!

For Argos, for the Bolter & Chainsword, for the Emperor!*

* or the Dark Gods if that's your thing.

It is with a bleeding heart that I read this Brother Argos. I hope that the science of the medical arts will aid you in your time of need and that somehow the effects can be reworked.

(Somebody invent that bionic eye now!)

Seeing the attention this thread has reached, makes the love and respect for your work with setting up the B&C forum soar to heights undreamed of. I'd like to say a heartfelt thank you as well. This site was my first forum to seek out advice in my "new" hobby. Thank you Brother and may fortune ever be your companion.

You are the astronomicon of the Internet, for us power armour people (or the fickle gods of chaos for those wily traitors :P).

Donated!

Thank you all so much for your kind words. They mean a lot to me and all the other admins and moderators at the Bolter & Chainsword.

Sadly there is no real chance of my eyes improving, my peripheral retina was burned out (photo-coagulated) to try and save my core vision, there is no coming back from that. Bionic eyes may work in the future?

All those that have donated thank you and those that promised to donate, please ensure you do,  we are all counting on you.

For those asking about ongoing subscription payments, we are working on getting that arranged, in the mean time please donate now and keep an eye out for a subscription system when it is available.

We are almost half way to the target we need for the next year, please do not assume someone else will help out, it is up to you to do this, not someone else!

Thanks so much for your hard work.  It's sad to hear of your medical issues.  Can only hope that technology advances at a suitable rate to help rsetore your vision in the future.  Until then, best wishes.

Donated as well. 

I know some forums put a special tag or notice if someone has donated.  Helps drive up donations from other members (if we find zeal lacking).

Many thanks for your work and dedication... I have been a long time visitor and member here on the BnC and have found inspiration and a place to relax cruising and perusing the boards. I have donated and look forward to contributing on a regular basis.

Blessings to you and yours Brother.

Many thanks for the site. The recent crash during the release of 7th reinforced how great this place is. I felt my eyes melting trying to wade through some of the other big forums. So thanks again. And my donation is in

Sorry to hear of your troubles Argos, its difficult when it's something you cant fix yourself. 

This is the first site I discovered last year when I decided to look in to WH40K, I have read hundreds of topics here, and do more every day, at work, at home. I've received a plethora of great advice from members, and I would love this site to stay up.  I'm grateful to you for creating such a great site, it has helped me immensely learn about the hobby, and about my own creativity.

I can see how much the members/lurkers care about this site, over 50% in one day, I've contributed and I know this site will continue to guide and inspire future WH40Kers.  Thank you

I am somewhat embarrassed to only realise how much in time, effort and money Brother Argos has contributed to the B&C now he is stepping down!  It is often the way that someone tirelessly and sometimes thanklessly keeps things like this going. A big belated thank you Brother Argos...

I recognise my fault and will be sure to correct it - donation made.

Let's step up to the plate brothers, and get that donation past its 100% target.

Man, this is so sad to hear.

I will personally donate in the coming weeks - I hope we can all do the same.

This is a great forum and a great community. It will be up to all of us soon to make sure it continues!

*edit* I just donated. Screw waiting for payday!

Edited by Ishagu

Brother Argos - really sorry to hear about your medical condition and wish you all the best for the future.

Thank you for working so hard at making Bolter and Chainsword the place it is - must rate as one of the best hobby forums I have ever come across.

Have made a donation to keep this great forum and community going.

How about once we reach the donation target we organize a painting challenge, each member could model and paint a "Brother Argos" for there own army to show our appreciation for all his hard work over the years? :)

huge golf clap to Brother Argos and the rest of the admin and mod team, we really do owe all of you a hell of a lot for all your hard work and efforts over the years...

How about once we reach the donation target we organize a painting challenge, each member could model and paint a "Brother Argos" for there own army to show our appreciation for all his hard work over the years? :smile.:

You know, you read my mind. I was going to kitbash an Iron Father modelled on Brother Argos as my next HQ for my Iron Hand successor :happy.:

I'm just going to echo what has been said before. I wish you all the best with Real Life and I sincerely hope you overcome the threats to your health.

I thank you for the time and effort you have put in to this site over the years. If it wasn't for the B&C then I probably would not have returned to the hobby.

It is time for us motley crew to continue flying the B&C War Banner high in the years to come.

I went full-on 'manly tears mode' while reading the first post, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Brother Argos, your name will forever be legend, and spoken with due reverence by all those who dwell in the forum you built.:thumbsup:

I've made a donation to the site - I'd sooner go without new models for a month than go without the B&C for even a day!:laugh.:

Brother Argos,

Best wishes for what must be a very frustrating and worrying condition.

Thanks for being the founder, funder, nurturer, and leader of the best 40k community around.  As a member and/or lurker of a number of 40k forums, i've no hesitation in saying The B&C is the biggest and best out there for content and community. Very grateful to you and your team of mods for leading and managing this community.

Have now contributed this evening, and to echo what others have said I am ready and willing to set up a monthly contribution to keep The B&C going, hope your team can get such a facility sorted soon.

Take it easy,

P.

Brother Argos thank you very much for everything you've done to create and maintain this wonderful community, I wish you well for the future. Of course I donated because B&C has given me a lot over the years.

How about once we reach the donation target we organize a painting challenge, each member could model and paint a "Brother Argos" for there own army to show our appreciation for all his hard work over the years? :)

huge golf clap to Brother Argos and the rest of the admin and mod team, we really do owe all of you a hell of a lot for all your hard work and efforts over the years...

I support that idea and starts thinking about what i'll do.