Rare and cool Templar art

OK, maybe not Templar (though this could be a Crusade allied House!), but so rare and cool, I thought I'd share. Imagine these giants, in-step, bearing Crusade Crosses and blaring an ancient battle-hymn:

+ HERE WE GO! HERE WE GO! HERE WE GO NOW! +

+ ONE - NOTHING WRONG WITH ZEAL +

+ TWO - NOTHING WRONG ZEAL +

+ THREE - NOTHING WRONG WITH ZEAL +

+ FOUR - NOTHING WRONG WITH ZEAL +

+ ONE - THE HERETICS GOT TO GIVE +

+ TWO - THE HERETICS GOT TO GIVE +

+ THREE - THE HERETICS GOT TO GIVE +

+ NOW! +

+ LET THEIR PRINCEPS HIT THE FLOOR! +

LET THEIR PRINCEPS HIT THE FLOOR! +

+ FLOOOOOOOR! +

:biggrin.:

http://i.imgur.com/nAaOSe3.jpg

ZEAL!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't feel that modern 'cleaner' art really captures the grim gothic aesthetic of 40k, but there's no denying that piece has captured the aesthetic of Templars splendidly. :smile.:

Some of the ripe-for-plagiarism designs in there make me ache over my lack of sculpting skills.  :cry:

Edited by Firepower

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooh, very nice Metic. I wonder if someone could shrink that one down so we could put it in our sigs, kind of ETL size.

Here ya go

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/Sig%20Banners/BT%20Banner%20Basic%20_zpsxfgl86ju.jpg

And the direct link http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/Sig%20Banners/BT%20Banner%20Basic%20_zpsxfgl86ju.jpg

The question now is, there's a nice blank spot in the middle of that, what should we put there?

• 2 weeks later...

http://pre04.deviantart.net/d6ec/th/pre/i/2015/320/4/7/black_templar_sd_by_averytan-d9gmo1g.jpg

"Even in death I grind hand rails and 360 kick flip."

any one have a translation for the script either? google yields nothing.

Edited by Brother Tyler
Hot-linked image turned into a link - and Macafee freaks out when I click the link - beware

"Even in death I grind hand rails and 360 kick flip."

any one have a translation for the script either? google yields nothing.

I'd buy that.

@Ace: How about something traditional like "No Pity. No Remore. No Fear" or "Accept Any Challenge". I'm thinking it should be something iconic that everyone else would identify with us.

Also, "BURN THEM ALL!" works for me. :)

Actually, I just thought about this, but what about taking the Black Templars script and moving it into that space? Increase the size of the font so that it's something like:

<maltese cross>

Black

Templars

Seems like "Militus Unicae Lucis"...

Horribly botched, loose translation and guesswork going on... but Militant Unique Light. Possibly twisted to Divine Military Light?

Gave it a shot, anyway.

Disclaimer: I have a very rudimentary knowledge of latin that I've sort of picked up here and there, so I'm probably going to mess up.

I'd presume that it'd be "Soldier of the Unique Light", i.e. the Emperor's Angel of Death. "Lucis" definitely is the genetive singular of "Lux", meaning light. "Unicae" is, presuming I didn't screw my grammar up, the the feminine dative form (as "lux" is a feminine word) of "unicum", meaning "unique", "sole", "single" (duh). "Militus" should probably be "miles", meaning "soldier". The phrase thus reconstructed would be "Miles unicae lucis", or "Soldier of the Unique/Sole/Single Light". C.f. "There is Only the Emperor".