Rare and cool Templar art

Hi All, I hope I haven't been ninja'd this time!

Apparently It's a BT member of the Black Widow Company, Never heard of them before if anyone could talk a bit about them that would be great!

hum.. The iconography and the fact he likely didn't finish his "power sword handling 101" course (pro-tip: don't hold the blade of an activated power sword in your hand!) point to him not being a real Templar..

Cool pic though, definitely has a nice vibe to it.

Hi All, I hope I haven't been ninja'd this time!

Apparently It's a BT member of the Black Widow Company, Never heard of them before if anyone could talk a bit about them that would be great!

hum.. The iconography and the fact he likely didn't finish his "power sword handling 101" course (pro-tip: don't hold the blade of an activated power sword in your hand!) point to him not being a real Templar..

Cool pic though, definitely has a nice vibe to it.

You were saying?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/d/d2/Sigismund_-_Emperor%27s_Champion.jpg

(I believe this picture was posted earlier in the thread, but if so the link appears broken)

And yes, even so, you are right, it is kind of silly

Not necessarily. Blade grip ("half -swording") is a normal and common fencing technique. See Codex Wallerstein below.

I'd assume the blade is "static" until a strike is made and the uncanny sharpness is under the wielder's control. Possibly contact / high-g engages the "cuth-through-everything" mode, just for safety. Or handwave it away with "a magos did it".

Augsburg_Cod.I.6.4%C2%BA.2_(Codex_Waller

http://www.schlachtschule.org/pictures/a-half.jpg

Well, that was interesting.. I can see the value of it in historical battles. He did say that this was used for when your opponent is impervious to the cutting of the sword, so with a power sword, that shouldn't happen much.. And seeing as there is lightning depicted arcing on the blade in the pictures I was commenting on, it doesn't look turned off to me.

Now if we go with the newer power weapons rules of ap3 swords, I guess that could be a technique to use against artificer or terminator armor. But it basically reduces your sword to a club, at which point yeah, the power field would be turned off and being protected by power armor you'd be fine. But you might as well grab some length of pipe or something from the battlefield and not damage your rare and hi-tech power sword by using it to bash people.

Edited by Arthanor

Well, that was interesting.. I can see the value of it in historical battles. He did say that this was used for when your opponent is impervious to the cutting of the sword, so with a power sword, that shouldn't happen much.. And seeing as there is lightning depicted arcing on the blade in the pictures I was commenting on, it doesn't look turned off to me.

Now if we go with the newer power weapons rules of ap3 swords, I guess that could be a technique to use against artificer or terminator armor. But it basically reduces your sword to a club, at which point yeah, the power field would be turned off and being protected by power armor you'd be fine. But you might as well grab some length of pipe or something from the battlefield and not damage your rare and hi-tech power sword by using it to bash people.

I would imagine that the cool "space swords" of 40k would be made of something less damagable than steel. Also, when the game represents armour you cannot penetrate, you are basicly swinging at weakpoints, such as the head or joints of the armour. Personally, I feel weapon skill should give you a bonus to try and penetrate heavier armour, though I have doubts that halfswording works with a power weapon :tongue.:

Edited by Kontakt

Technically those pics are wrong by the current fluff anyway. The Black sword is not a power sword, but rather just absurdly sharp. 

Except the picture of the Templar in question, the sword doesn't have 'Imperator Rex' etched into the blade its just a

black power sword!

Marshal Mattias, that's sweet sweet sig material.

@Kastor Krieg - Cool enough for sig material for a Imperial Fist but not a Black Templar!

There is clearly some warp trickery involved here, the bolt casing is ejected back and outwards but the propellant gases raise straight up and also the bolter is missing its gun-cam.

I've been scrolling through old posts and havent seen this guy

http://img11.deviantart.net/945b/i/2014/123/4/d/black_templars_charge_by_juliazolotareva-d7gy0un.png

http://juliazolotareva.deviantart.com/art/Black-Templars-charge-451724495

Edited by Brother Tyler
Hot-linked image turned into a link.

It's actually a baneblade. From either Dawn of War I or II by the looks of it.

"HOTH BELONGS NOT TO THE WEAK REPUBLIC NOR TO YOUR FALSE EMPIRE. IT BELONGS TO THE ONE TRUE EMPEROR OF MANKIND."

And I thought Orks smelled bad on the outside!

:teehee:

Logan, I was actually looking at using that pic for the Knightfall banner.  But...unforeseen things may yet still happen. :ph34r.:

I love the look of the Ork on the left about to get poked in the eye.

Edited by Firepower