Rare and cool Templar art

Oh my where is that from?

Cause those are Primaris Marines.

Today's article on WC. And yes, those are Primaris Marines and a Primaris Marshal? Castellan? Something.

I don't like how oversized the pad is though.

Today's article on WC. And yes, those are Primaris Marines and a Primaris Marshal? Castellan? Something.

Didn't notice that at first, but crikey that is unnecessarily large. It's up to his wrist!

Didn't notice that at first, but crikey that is unnecessarily large. It's up to his wrist!

Clearly it doubles as a bunker. Imperial Fist Chaplain perhaps? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Not post 2nd Founding Templars, but our Primarch and Sigismund, as well as showing he held our symbols dear.

"Rogal Dorn possessed perhaps the finest military mind of all of the Primarchs. It was as ordered and disciplined as Guilliman's, as courageous as the Lion's, yet still supple enough to allow for the flex of inspiration, the flash of battle zeal that had won the likes of Leman Russ and the Khan so many victory laurels. Dorn's record in the crusade was second only to Horus's."
-- From 'Horus Rising' by Dan Abnett.

Art by Krzysztof Małecki [his other works]

http://i.imgur.com/mhPPr2z.jpg

Edited by Kastor Krieg

These are all Templars, as in "Honor Guard level First Company", most likely, as The Emperor's Champion is here (2nd from the front, helmetless, brown hair, Iron Halo with "Imperator Rex", fancy larger sword, THAT helmet) and the crosses are just the Veteran mark. 

Nightfire Crusade (Unknown Date.M41)

A powerful devotion to the Emperor is evident among the warriors of the Black Templars. Chaplain Haldredd was leading a strike force against the Tau Farsight Enclaves during the Nightfire Wars when the spirit of the Emperor overcame him. Heeding His sacred words, a group of Space Marine veterans formed a Reclusiam Command Squad to protect him.

Following the Chaplain's wise battle council and fervent prayers, this Command Squad, now known as the High Hand of the Emperor, smashed through lines of Battlesuits and set the Tau to flight. In the bloody battles that followed, the High Hand of the Emperor guided the Black Templars to many great victories. 

Art by Nicolas Grillet

http://i.imgur.com/OI5f5jG.jpg

On the subject of the "High Hand", I've always wondered what happens if a Chaplain or (Throne on Terra) the High Marshal gets the vision of the Emperor that marks them as an Emperor's Champion.

Then we'll get the emperor's high champion, dual wielding the black blade and the blade of the high marshals

combined they do the following:

Dual swords of the Emperor's High Champion

Range: Melee

Strenght: User

AP: Enough

Damage: Enough

Special rules: Enemy models who are hit by this weapon are slain. Remove them.

Edited by bolvar

On the subject of the "High Hand", I've always wondered what happens if a Chaplain or (Throne on Terra) the High Marshal gets the vision of the Emperor that marks them as an Emperor's Champion.

Then we'll get the emperor's high champion, dual wielding the black blade and the blade of the high marshals

combined they do the following:

Dual swords of the Emperor's High Champion

Range: Melee

Strenght: User

AP: Enough

Damage: Enough

Special rules: Enemy models who are hit by this weapon are slain. Remove them.

We've had an image upthread, went to retrieve it:

http://i.imgur.com/uiE8Wql.jpg

I believe in the Gathering Storm III, Marshal Almarich becomes the Emperor's Champion, with a not insignificant power up.

And now, for something different - Chad73 @ deviantart

http://img08.deviantart.net/7938/i/2014/301/f/a/black_templars_space_marine_by_chad73-d84fipi.jpg

http://img10.deviantart.net/8c5f/i/2014/208/e/3/high_marshal_helbrecht_by_chad73-d7skx10.jpg