Rare and cool Templar art

In that case you probably shouldn't paint it red or it might be harder to clean properly. :D

That being said, the Blood Angels Deathcompany did it first anyway. :P

99120101120_BADeathCompany04.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hang on, if we're going by the official paint sceheme, as far as I know, Marshals are always depicted with white shoulders? Castellans too in general (though they were kind of missing from most official photos for quite a while....lorewise, castellans are described as being drawn from the swordbrethren, but rarely if ever have they had SB colours)

Swordbrethren (And swordbrethren terminators) are in general the only models that have the black pauldrons with red crosses and rims.

Which brings me back to monochrome artwork. If the pauldron is white, we have to generally assume its a crusader, castellan or marshal

Even the codex lists our colors as black with a white field for command, battleline, and fire support. Veterans are listed as red with a black field. I think that's the proper terminology, please correct me if I'm wrong. Edited by DarkApostle85

I've always referred to Page 15 of Codex Armageddon (which you can find online with some light Google-fu) when deciding how to do up my minis. It suggests a high level of customisation is totally acceptable, and even shows a pauldron with red trim on a black field for an Initiates. Even the BT codex, IIRC, suggests a high level of personalisation is very much acceptable. I've even used shoulder trim colours to tell squads apart. (60 marines on the board can get tricky to tell apart, amirite?)

It was from way back i think codex armagheddon.

Only sword brothers and command squad i yhink had black field with white crosses. Everyone else had white field and black crosses. There was no such folly as assault squad designation ect. If you felt like zerg rushing the enemah today you'd strap a jump pack on your back and joined your best friends templar at the ass squad ect.

How do you tell its a swordbrother if the pads are white? that's the identifying feature

Some Templar artwork shows Marshals and Castellans with white shoulders and it has always confused me.

Each higher ranked Templar has its own heraldry. If you are on a level of a sword brethren.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...