Rare and cool Templar art

So we have drop pod assaulting Black Templars with a healthy mix of weaponry, (Close combat weapons AND bolters) A random mix of personal heraldry, (Including a complete lack of uniformity on shoulder markings), a random mix of reliquaries on the backpacks and non-standard armour modifications.

And people say GW don't know our fluff.

Its Tau.

Even if there is some artistic liberties within the artwork, multipart kits could have Power Wespons and Eviscerators, and a whole lot of bling.

Without wanting to go down the rabbit hole the dude with the Power Sword got my attention.

He obviously has a Greatsword with an Aquila (Sword of Judgement anyone) and the "eagle" on his back pack is such a specific and different thing to have comparing to the skulls and reliquaries of the other guys.

We have to wait and see. If rumours are true a codex wont take long to hit for Marines and Necrons.

Edited by Sete

I'm really excited for my rulebook to arrive so I can have a closer look at that. Very pleased about all the power weapons and chainswords given I've been trying to squeeze them into my army for the past 18mths. The inconsistent markings between individuals (personal heraldry?) is a nice touch, though it's strange to see Lieutenant stripes on a helmet - I've always imagined Castellans as really blinged out Sword Brethren, rather than using a codex marking like that, but I suppose that's the freedom of BTs - it'll be different between different Crusades, and you can paint "your guys" as you like, and imagine they really are out there somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the latest articles on Warcom featured an exhibition of Maxime Corbeils, a Warhammer Studio Miniatures designer, Templars:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/08/love-classic-artwork-and-black-templars-you-have-to-see-this-warhammer-studio-designers-army/

Includes the conversion piece that had many people fooled it was an official new model for a Black Templars Ancient:

g1zoh2Orj2MZJfm1.jpg

Maybe this was linked already and I just missed it, maybe it wasn't, but I figured everyone who might've missed it should have a chance to see. Chose this thread, because art.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...