Rare and cool Templar art

Just pointing out that both his right pouldron, knee armor and sword have Templar insignia... also he is shown to have a more ancient form of Power Armor (mk. III perhaps?) and a Tabard...

I think this might be an illustration of one of the Templar ancestors... a Templar Sword Brethren during the days when Primarchs walked the earth, and the Emperor walked among his people.

Our Templar ancestors didn't wear tabards, apparently.  If you believe the Forgeworld sculptors anyway :dry.:

My turn to say Wrong :tongue.:

Every now and then, I like to be wrong, simply to break up the monotony of always being right.

My turn to say Wrong :p

according to the latest FW IF Command Models, some Templars back in 30k had to 'earn' their tabards :D

That makes me feel better about being too lazy to put tabards on all my guys. Clearly I'm not really lazy, those guys just haven't earned it yet. ;)

You know what that guy has which I wish more Templar models used?  Candles.

Helbrecht's got 'em.  Grimaldus' got 'em.  They're cool, a (neglected) icon, and easy to make.  Why the hell don't we see more of them?  I'm asking myself that same question, mind you.  I've thought of it several times, but for some reason they never make it on to my models.

Anyway, cool pic.

+1 on candles. I'm not sure how to make them not look silly on a model though.

Submitted for you approval gentlemen:

16398127892_7c967d519b.jpg

Candle in a torso reliquary. And a lantern. Just for good measure-- no such thing as spreading too much light in this grimdark universe. 

I've wanted to do that with the reliquary bitz for some time, but damn it's fiddly work.  Nicely done :smile.:

What'd you cut the 'candle' off of?

Edit- Nevermind.  Just saw the answer in your plog

Edited by Firepower

I've wanted to do that with the reliquary bitz for some time, but damn it's fiddly work.  Nicely done :smile.:

What'd you cut the 'candle' off of?

Edit- Nevermind.  Just saw the answer in your plog

Do you have a dremel? I got a 1/32 dremel chuck for mine, stuck a 1/32 drill bit in the chuck and used it like an engraving tool.  Took about a minute to clean the blood angel drop out of there- all told.   Yeah, should have mentioned the candle was part of an aerial off of a helmet.  The size is perfect for those reliquaries. 

Every now and then, I like to be wrong, simply to break up the monotony of always being right.

Plus you get to maintain your humility. :P

Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets disappointed when people don't use this.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110921051542/warhammer40k/images/thumb/4/49/Black_Templars_Insignia.jpg/250px-Black_Templars_Insignia.jpg

I mean, cool art, but I HIGHLY doubt that was supposed to be a chaplain.

I dislike it. All my Marines from Chaplain to Neophyt us a black cross on white. And of course my veterans have white shoulders and black helmets, including Terminators. White helmets?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Somebody made an awesomesauce, Primarch-sized miniature of Good Ole Grim.

http://i.imgur.com/fkgYtyv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xtUM0nX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q0pEb19.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dpSNywX.jpg

I hate the helmet. It looks like something a chaos marine would wear, waaay to many studs. The rest of the armor is a little stud heavy too, but it's not as off putting.  

Other than that it's a great looking sculpt!

I hate the helmet. It looks like something a chaos marine would wear, waaay to many studs. The rest of the armor is a little stud heavy too, but it's not as off putting.  

Other than that it's a great looking sculpt!

Personally I like the studs

Though now it does look like his armour has got

...space measles?

I like studs too, this is just studs everywhere for the sake of them. Especially around the grill, and the extra boot bottom.  Plus he did a custom sculpt and didn't give him a skull helm, something that I always disliked about the Grimaldus mini. 

I like studs too, this is just studs everywhere for the sake of them. Especially around the grill, and the extra boot bottom.  Plus he did a custom sculpt and didn't give him a skull helm, something that I always disliked about the Grimaldus mini. 

Grimaldus has a skull helm.  It's just relatively subtle.  

As for this sculpt, if he didn't put studs around the mouth, it' be perfect :)  And ye gods man,the chains!  Look at the chains!