Grey Knights 7e Codex Rumor

Valerian

So basically, paying the sword is a must, if only to kill powerfist/claw/etc characters. Question will be: what shooting weapons? Gatling psylencer might be funny vs nids :) Poor, poor carnifex! Anyways, buying a 3rd NDK seems appropriate. But, do I really want to lose so many friends?

That means the Great Sword is STR 6 AP3?

Greatsword is still x2 S and AP2, although the benefit would be that it's not Unwieldy (since the NDK has two Powerfists, not DCCW-equivalents now). I did not put enough thought into that haha. For vehicle hunting, leaving it with the fists is fine but for squad-hunting the Greatsword is still a good choice.

EDIT: Gatling Psylencer is still Heavy 12, Force. Double the rate of fire, double the chance of IDing stuff msn-wink.gif

MCs ignore unwieldy and strike at AP2 base so all is good. I was hoping that the Gatling version was a higher strength so it could kill Wraithknights, but heavy 12 force is still pretty nasty.

That means the Great Sword is STR 6 AP3?

Greatsword is still x2 S and AP2, although the benefit would be that it's not Unwieldy (since the NDK has two Powerfists, not DCCW-equivalents now).  I did not put enough thought into that haha. For vehicle hunting, leaving it with the fists is fine but for squad-hunting the Greatsword is still a good choice.

Don't MCs ignore unwieldy anyway?

Oh, you're right. I thought it was a feature of the DCCW rules that made Doomfists strike at initiative. Ok, my original point still stands: Greatsword is not worth the points. 

Just reading the fluff behind Crowe, the sword is not actively trying to kill him like the last codex, it just keeps whispering to him to try convince him to use it's power. He refuses to give in, hence why the sword is presented as a S: user, AP- CCW so outside of Challenges he sucks pretty bad.

Does Crowe still rend on a 4+?

Also I'm starting to think that using 5 halberds in a full strike squad might become normal, if anything just to make the points come out to a easy number. 2 big guns, 3 swords and 5 halberds would be pretty good in both assault and shooting imo.

Huuuge thanks for posting all of this Brovius, really can't be said enough :)

http://imgur.com/vdcauGd.jpg

Anyone see this? Nemesis Vanguard. Looks like 15 PA, 5 termies, a dreadknight, and a land raider. At least we're getting something.... I'd pick one up but I have a full army as it is

Awesome.  Now, if it's quite a good bit of savings, then I'll get it-but if I can get it cheaper by Parts, then I'll do it that way.  I'm actually wanting my Knights to be Terminator heavy, but I could use about 15 more PA guys...

I'd like the brotherhood champion to be 2 wounds at least...such a cool concept, and I really like the Emperor's Champion model, and would like to use it as a stand in.

Edit:

Sadface :(

Crowe forgot how to rend, but learnt how to hit with the force(AP) of an MC when engaged in an horourable duel.

Tac Objectives are pretty cool and mostly fluffy, as follows: (they replace results 11-16 on the chart)

11) Destroy the Daemon- 1 VP for killing at least one unit of Daemons. d3 VPs for killing at least 3, and d3+3 if you somehow manage to kill 6 or more! Not limited by turn, going by the wording.

12) Psychic Communion- 1 VP if you've successfully manifested 3 powers this turn. d3 if you manage to rattle off 6 powers.

13) No Witnesses!- 1 VP at the end of your turn if every enemy IC has been removed as a casualty.

14) Deeds of Legend- 1 VP if a GK killed an opponent in a challenge this turn. d4 if it was an IC or MC.

15) Teleport Attack - 1 VP if you killed a unit with a GK unit that deepstriked, shunted or was teleported by Gate of Infinity this turn

16) Rites of Exorcism- When generated, opponent chooses one objective marker. 1 VP if you control the named marker at the end of your turn, or d3 VPs if you control it at the end of the turn this card was generated.

RoE will be hard to pull off outside of early turns without Gate or shunting, but is still pretty interesting, as the opponent will know exactly what point you're going after it will encourage them to bunch up for Heavy Psycannons and Incinerators biggrin.png

EDIT: Not all of Trevak's wishlist is wrong, BHC did get bumped up to 2 wounds, but he went up 50pts too. A bit iffy on whether to be included, but he's AP2 in challenges which is neat.
Techmarines got the Mekboy treatment, they're a HQ choice that don't take up a slot for each other HQ choice you take. Take a GM and Librarian, have up to 2 Techies! Aside from that, they're unchanged.

Personal Teleporters still Shunt? 

Frag and Krak on our Terminators?

Specialty Grenades are gone, though, right?  (e.g. Rad, Psychotrope)

V

It sounds like a Nemesis Force Sword is simply a Force Sword.

Force Sword with Daemonbane, but yes.

Grenades are still on our GKTs (like we'd forget how to throw stuff with our free hand that we're so proud of!).

PTs still shunt, and shunt is unchanged. Only the Psyk-out grenades remain and are standard across all our infantry. The NFSword is just an AP3 force weapon with Daemonbane as Valerian said.

As much as this feels like a nerf, I can't help but think GW is doing the right thing and leveling a lot of the new codexs, a lot if these new options don't seem as auto-include-y as some of our old options (the exception being the dreadknight, but it's almost uncontested in HS now). Am gonna miss free termi weapons though

As much as this feels like a nerf, I can't help but think GW is doing the right thing and leveling a lot of the new codexs, a lot if these new options don't seem as auto-include-y as some of our old options (the exception being the dreadknight, but it's almost uncontested in HS now). Am gonna miss free termi weapons though

You really aren't going to miss free Terminator weapons - not when the base costs for the Terminators themselves are so much lower.  35 points for every Terminator with a Halberd?  Heck yeah.

Yeah, that's a good question.  Any units get a unit-specific psychic power that isn't on the Sanctic table?  Any new unit special rules that weren't there before to make up for 'lost' psychic powers?

If termies are the future and they can take land raiders as dedicated transport they can assault out of but also relentless allows them to fire as if stationary AND assault the turn they shot, so psycannons only went down a bit for PA units still BALLIN for termies IMO,

The Halberd is still a tremendous deal, though.  I+2 was *awesome* but S+1 for just a 2 point investment is still droolworthy, and you don't have to cast a Psychic Power to have it.  If you do cast Hammerhand, then you're striking w/ S7 attacks now, which can destroy anything but Land Raiders.

I was hoping for more smaller Formations to choose from, though.  Only one Faction-specific Detachment and one Formation is underwhelming since we aren't likely to get a Supplement to expand those options.

V

I wonder if they're unwieldly...sure seems like they would be for that...I feel the gentle touches meddling of the Elf Lover, the Hated Phil Kelly.

Can BHC deepstrike?

Is Stern any better? abilities, warlord trait?

Is Draigos statline unchanged? does he get 2 book powers plus gate of infinity? what is his warlord trait?

And probably a stupid question, but gk still get pref enemy daemons yeah?

Thanks mate!

Archived