Grey Knights 7e Codex Rumor

Valerian

B*ll*x it will

movies by committe are bad , TV shows by committe are worse and Codex by commettie will be atrocious

Is there anything particularly bad about the Astra Militarium codex that was recently released using the same team-based process?  If not, I'll give the benefit of the doubt. 

I could see them pulling Mordrak since he doesn't have a model, but Thawn is just a justicar with a halberd. On the other hand, GKs don't exactly have a lot of characters (especially if the inquisition is removed), so we could see new character models and even new characters.

Not sure if they'd actually remove inquisition, if only for the reason that it would make the Gk codex very unit light. Of course, anything is possible, and I'd certainly be sad to see it go.

I have a feeling psycannons are in for another change. If not another overhaul, then probably a change to salvo 2/4, since it seems like the psycannon was a test bed for the salvo rules. IMO that would be a serious hit to GKs, as our mobility at 24" is what gives a good GK player the ability to control the pacing of the game.

Not sure if they'd actually remove inquisition, if only for the reason that it would make the Gk codex very unit light. Of course, anything is possible, and I'd certainly be sad to see it go.

Codex Legion of the Damned says, "Hi!"

A $30 ebook only codex ifor an army that digital publishing department explicitly mention as being intended for an ally choice rather than a primary detachment is a fairly different beast from a $60 hard cover codex with a decent (albeit small) range of miniatures. 

Now if you said Codex: Imperial Knights, I might have said touche. Maybe... :P

I agree that psycannons are going to change. With snap shots and salvo an option for firing and moving I don't think the versatile psycannons will remain with effectively 2 profiles. I foresee the psycannon becoming a salvo 2/4 while the psilencer becomes the assault option. You never know, we might get some new toys too.

I agree that we will lose the inquisitors/henchmen. But they should at least keep the options for Ordo malleus inquisitors, especially considering grey knights are the chamber militant for them solely.

And they better leave psycannons alone! Or I'll cry :'(

Unless they allow dreadnoughts to take Heavy Psycannons!

Also our Codex needs more characters /upgrade characters! To have a special justicar or something on every squad (for extra points of course) would be epic fluff wise

To be honest, I think the largest sign towards losing the Inquisition is the fact there is now two *different* version of Coteaz, in two seperate Codexes.

That's just, messy.

What happens when C:GK gets updated?  Either C:I does at the same time (and why not just include the Inquisitorial Detachment into C:GK and be done with it), or Coteaz is removed.  Or you have two even more different versions of him available.

Both as Battle Brothers to all the Armies of the Imperium.

Currently, by RAW you could field both Coteaz's in a single army.  As they aren't *unique* to each other.  Not only are thier Lords of Formosa rules different, but the Psychic Powers they have access to are as well.

And this surely isn't RAI, nor the way GW will want to move forward.

out of curiosity how many of you think that when we get our " cut down / beefed up " new dex that the Nid Players will screem bl**dy murder as we will have something else that is meant to hurt deamons but will hurt nids even more?

by best mate playes nids and hates the current GK dex , I get forced to play with the 3rd ed dex occasionally ( nice to have the cheap auto S6  GM again tho )

I wouldn' be suprised at the removal of Inquisition. Will force GK players to buy another codex. Better yet, the space can easily be filled with pre-existing SM kits. Sure, we lose a bit of personnality. But I remember when DH players would rage at the idea of GK techmarines :)

I agree that psycannons are going to change. With snap shots and salvo an option for firing and moving I don't think the versatile psycannons will remain with effectively 2 profiles. I foresee the psycannon becoming a salvo 2/4 while the psilencer becomes the assault option. You never know, we might get some new toys too.

I'm not sure if Psycannon will become Salvo weapons, but if they do, I sure hope they become Range 48,  S6,  AP4,  Salvo 2/4, Rending.  If they don't adjust the maximum range, such that we can still shoot to 24" when moving, then Grey Knights will be in serious trouble.  If they do, however, then that'll be a real nice improvement to our long-ranged firepower capabilities!

V

Salvo 2/4 will have 4 attacks when used by TDA and vehicles, so there is no real change. Psilencers really to need to be Assault rather than Heavy, as they are useless as is. Falchions need to be either +2 Attacks or a free weapon swap if limited to only +1 Attack. As to Mordrak and Thawn, both models already exist in plastic via the GKT box set.

What I'd like to see is more options for our existing GK units, rather than less. GK could stand the SM treatment by adding more ways to play our models, seeing as no new models will be added. Dedicated Land Raiders, Champions with Personal Teleporters, Brother-Captain worth taking, more reliable Orbital Bombardment, more resilient TDA units (be it cheaper, or better invulnerable save).

SJ

Salvo 2/4 will have 4 attacks when used by TDA and vehicles, so there is no real change. Psilencers really to need to be Assault rather than Heavy, as they are useless as is. Falchions need to be either +2 Attacks or a free weapon swap if limited to only +1 Attack. As to Mordrak and Thawn, both models already exist in plastic via the GKT box set.

What I'd like to see is more options for our existing GK units, rather than less. GK could stand the SM treatment by adding more ways to play our models, seeing as no new models will be added. Dedicated Land Raiders, Champions with Personal Teleporters, Brother-Captain worth taking, more reliable Orbital Bombardment, more resilient TDA units (be it cheaper, or better invulnerable save), and better Deep Strike ability. We are the greatest users of Teleport Assault, yet the worst at assaulting via teleportation!

SJ

Salvo 2/4 will have 4 attacks when used by TDA and vehicles, so there is no real change. 

SJ

Do you not play with any Power Armored Grey Knights?  For those of us that do, I don't think it is accurate at all to classify this possible eventuality as, "no real change," as it would significantly reduce the firepower of most of my units.

Any unit or special character without a model will either get one or disappear due to GW's legal issues. Atm if they have rules but no model any company can sculpt and sell their own and would own the likeness for that model forcing GW to do something radically different if they want to introduce a model. This is why so many units and characters have disappeared from other codexes.

Personally I doubt Inquisition will disappear as that would leave GK with very very few units and it's a decently popular army so they should want to protect it.

Anyone know when this is supposedly happening?

After release of Space Wolves, supposedly, so sometime between October and January, probably.

V

Any unit or special character without a model will either get one or disappear due to GW's legal issues. Atm if they have rules but no model any company can sculpt and sell their own and would own the likeness for that model forcing GW to do something radically different if they want to introduce a model. This is why so many units and characters have disappeared from other codexes.

Personally I doubt Inquisition will disappear as that would leave GK with very very few units and it's a decently popular army so they should want to protect it.

They will do it... no reason for a double codex version (Inquisition and GK)...

I think GW will add some Space marine units, like predators, and whirlwinds... to  get rid of this...

and no... there is no few units in the codex... we have 2 troops choices, 2 fast (maybe 3 if they add the little flyer), lots of elites, more havy (don't forgett the purgators... I hope they fix them) and a lot of Hq

Lmao no, no way we are getting tanks. And to the whole redundant unit argument, sisters still have crusaders, death cult and arcos, despite those being in two other codices. Does that mean we won't lose inquisition? No, but here's hoping we don't. I will be amazed if we get any more standard marine units, and to be honest I sincerely hope we don't.

With imperium all being battle brothers, who's to say our new dex won't supersede both C:GK and C:Inq? The only reason they added it was to give people inquisition access, which isn't an issue now. And ][ is a joke of a stand alone codex size wise anyways. It's weird us having Xenos and hereticus, but it keeps our codex varied enough to stay on par with others

Archived