DSS7 RG Successors 10/5/18- Bolter Added

They look very cool ! I really like the white you went for over the blue-ush light grey they did on that picture http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/File:BG_Marine.png

Regarding weathering, I would suggest a simple light black wash over the white part of your armour. You can't go wrong with that, and GW's nuln oil paint is very simple to work with ! :smile.:

This will be an easy fix to add a lot of texture and depth to the lighter parts of your models. Don't use it on the black parts though, it will do nothing :tongue.:

I use a base colour of Eshin Grey, and even on such a dark grey, it highlights the model quite well, so I can only imagine the contrast this will bring to your white :smile.:

EDIT : I really like the combi+lightning claw sergeant, that's a build I also run on my Tacticals :p !

• 4 weeks later...
Nice! I do like the use of Mark IV helms, and the dual sword wielding Marine looks especially cool :smile.:

Good job man, it gives more depth to the character I find compared to the pictures in your previous post :smile.:

On a rank and file Marine, you could try washing all over the legs, it'll give a dirtier look to the overall model that you might like !

I like the loadout too :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Btw, i'd suggest highlighting the black with grey. As it stands the black looks too solid, like those parts were dipped in crude oil. The white could do with a wash (i like to use blue for my whites) because it seems too chalky. Nonetheless, great stuff! :)

There is some gray in the Black but Not enough ,I throw a Armour wash over it .On white I leave alone ,I never will do a wash over white.It does not look real I always look at a picture of me in Dress Whites. So I leave it alone :cool.: . On other colors I do a muted hl .I think some over do the HL thing.

But thanks anyway:smile.: 

Archived