• 1 month later...

Raven Guard Strengths

+surprise attacks

+stealth

+airborne assault

Raven Guard Weaknesses

-color coordination

-fashion sense

If no one sees them, does it really matter what color their kneepad is?

Similarly, no one ambushed by Black Guard are going to go "Where did these guys come from?! And why is one knee green?!"

If anything, blame Guilliman. It was his Codex that dictated company colors regardless of whether it matched the rest of the paint scheme.

Really digging those heads, where are they from?

*edit* are those metal scouts or plastic scouts? The plastic ones look "clunky" to me, and these don't.

Plastic I dont see the Smoke grenade on the sgt and the the poses look like the plastic ones to me. 

Thanks for the update. I can't believe how much just a head swap (especially a non-GW head) really helps fix the issues with that sculpt. I had seen both the Scourge head swap, and the Tempestus Scions head swap as well, but these are subtly smaller, and it really makes a huge difference (imo) to make the whole thing flow better and seem less clunky.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Raven Guard Strengths

+surprise attacks

+stealth

+airborne assault

Raven Guard Weaknesses

-color coordination

-fashion sense

If no one sees them, does it really matter what color their kneepad is?

Similarly, no one ambushed by Black Guard are going to go "Where did these guys come from?! And why is one knee green?!"

If anything, blame Guilliman. It was his Codex that dictated company colors regardless of whether it matched the rest of the paint scheme.

To be fair rg used to use color coded unit markings so red was assault not 3rd company that  is why shrike models from gw have a red shoulder pad originally.  When they started standardizing things they forced them to strict codex.  But if you want history it was orginally no markings beyond the type icon > color by type > codex if i remember correctly.

Archived