Today, I've airbrushed a bunch of Primaris Marines. But I've been up to more than that.
Besides the Primaris, I've also taken an inventory of my painting projects (meaning miniatures that are at least primed)
This posting will be an overview of that. But first the good news: The test DW Knight is done and I'm happy with him.
Here's what's actually right now on my painting table:
And a group shot of the Death Wing terminators that are to be done. Five of those, as well as three (or four) more knights are the next project, and next week I will buy another box to build an Ancient, a proper Apothecary, another plasma cannon terminator, a DW Champion and the fifth knight, to complete the squad.
Then there's a DV limited edition chaplain that will represent my Asmodai. He's currently accompanied by, yes, in all their mediocre glory, an Assault on Black Reach tactical squad.
Then there are three tanks. I've already shown you closeups of the Rhino, but there's also a fully magnetized Predator (waiting for a few minor repairs) and a vindicator.
I've also decided to finish Sammael on his speeder (I owe him, he's been like this for ages), and two DV RW bike squads to bring more of that black goodness into my display cabinet.
Currently, they're pretty much in pieces, three of the bikes are undercoated.
Of course, I've also bought some things, because I'm excited for 8E and the prospect of playing again. As you may already have seen on the other pictures, I've bought a battle mat. Coincidentally, that also makes a great background for photography.
I plan to build a gaming table with a lowered pit in 6" by 4" format, but currently my living room doesn't have space for a 2m table, so for now the battle mat and three 2" x 4" will have to suffice for home games.
Oh yeah. Here are the Primaris marines. I've not converted them much, but the captain and one of the lieutenants have DA swords instead of the usual.
Furthermore, I've re-decorated some of my army's bases with Valhallan Blizzard. The result is most striking on my Knight. The snow doesn't look yellow at all IRL, so keep that in mind when looking at the images.
Of course, I've also worked on the Thunderhawk, but that will have to wait for a bit now. I've decided to first finish all the models I need for a full 1850-2000pt Deathwing list. Afterwards, the Beast will get some more love.
Here's the result of the new color with which I've also airbrushed the other green marines and vehicles. I'm pretty happy with it and can see myself seriously starting once the interior is done.
I also started painting exterior details, starting with the landing gear and the wing HB turret mountings.
Speaking of the interior, I've also had some little progress here. The flight deck needs detailing, and the lower and rear compartment haven't been started, but from what I did to the nose interior and the flight deck, I think I've managed to pin down the techniques I want to use.
Another exterior detail, the air brake compartments look like this now: