Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Imperial Fists Tactics

Imperial Fists Legion

• Please log in to reply
1501 replies to this topic

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,098 posts

Wait wait wait, you have a Spartan in the list already? Perfect.

Command squad just improves the quality of the terminators as lot as they get WS5 and can issue/ accept challenges - which with a 2+/3++/5+++ makes them funny to tank things like enemy paragon blade preators while your own one minces a squad. Plus Fearless from the banner (massive in 30k).

Lascannons with Tank hunter are very strong, but I'd say you need a bunker and medic to keep them healthy.

Stone Gauntlet will indeed make your TDA & Breachers T5 as long as there is at least 3 models in the squad and they are in base to base, OR if you charge you get Hammer of Wrath, which is great too - but always take charges with breachers. BUT it imposes a limitation of you can't have more elites and fast attack than you have troops choices, so you'd need to be a touch careful. Command squads are HQ so that's another point for them too :D

• Kisada likes this

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all." - Mortarion

Heresy WIP Thread: Talons

WIP Thread

Index Astartes Sanguine Visions

K3nn3rs

K3nn3rs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts
I agree with everything Charlo has said.
I love my TDA SS Comd Sqd with all chain fists, supported by a tooled up praetor and Primus Medicae (all delivered a Spartan)

The only thing I'd add is that you need armoured ceramite and a flare shield on the Spartan - you've already invested a lot but those extra upgrades are worth every point!

You also don't need to be in base to base contact to get the T5 from SG but you do loose it on the turn you charge.
  • Kisada likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imperial Fists Legion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)