[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

Punisher - Great for BRRRRRRRT, and Fast too. However, if you're planning on taking a bunch of Volkite in the form of a Heavy Support Squad and the Contemptor, then it's probably doing much the same as those, AND taking up a HS slot. If it were me, I'd probably drop the HSS and take the Sicaran because it's IMHO the coolest looking variant, but YMMV. Also, a VII Legion HSS with Lascannons is never a bad choice. They could cover your anti-armour, and the Punisher can whip around chomping up infantry.

Arcus - At the moment, this is almost a 'That Guy' choice. It's not broken, but its current rules are very, very good. It's a threat to everything, especially vehicles because one of its missile types gives you D3 rolls on the damage chart for Pens. Try it out by all means, but it may not be a completely beer and pretzels choice.

Caestus - I've not used one myself, but have seen it used to great effect as a means of dropping your Warlord (or a Primarch) and a stack of Terminators into exactly the worst possible place. It's a flyer obviously, so it comes with some downsides and disadvantages, but it's AV13 and hits like a Tank. Think of it like a Mini-Thunderhawk that you can crash into things and you won't be far off. However, again, it's a HS choice, which is getting crowded!

Glaive/Stormblade - Putting these together because you only get one LoW choice and they're kind of similar. I'd put the Glaive over the Stormblade simply because it's a 'proper' Legion tank and, you know, big Volkite gun. However, for all the advantages of the Beam rule its main gun gets, the Glaive still only hits at S8, whereas the Stormblade manages S10, with a 10" blast, no less.

Thank you that helpes alot. 

I know the Punisher will do the same as the HSS with Volkite, but on the other side i wont see much armour as most are still building the Legions on a limited budget. So i wont have to fear more than one Spartan or Leviathan Dread.

We will mostly play 2000 Points games, or less, so i want to bring at least one thing to roll a bucket of dice (i missed that with skirmish games).

Same goes for the Arcus Variant cause the firing options are something i like in smaller games for more options.

Didint think the rocket launcher was a bit over the top with Str 8 and 3 dice on the damage chart. I am probably going to test it.

The Glaive is huge, and its just a S8 Volkite ray, no template really, you buy this one for the looks, not for expecting it to perform on the battlefield. All the other tanks built on the same chassi have guns that are better than this one, so if you expect battlefield performance, go for the Falchion instead, although it doesn't look nowhere as cool as the Glaive.

If you want to get any of the Sicaran versions, I suggest that you buy the Sicaran you want (I got the regular one with autocannons), and the you also by this:

https://bitsofwar.com/home/736-legionary-artillery-tank-scorpio-turret.html

Well i would buy the Glaive for the looks, but i wasnt sure if its ok, to bring it to games where others are more limited in their choices. I dont want to kill the fun for the other players cause i brought something to the table thats not fun to play against and i like the image of a gaint beam gun shooting through normal tanks.

Thanks for the Kromlech link, i already orderes there for other projects. But i personal prefer the FW turrets over the Kromlech one, so think to get the Sicaran variant bundle and have all 4. I like them all so its more a question what style i should bring the next game. 

Dont forget though that AoD games have a limit of 25% on LoW selections for amies meaning if you guys will be playing 2k point games, a maximum of 500 points can be used for those selections.

• 3 weeks later...

Curious how you all feel about this list as a generalist army at 2000pts. This is my first real list and I picked it mostly because I liked the models and don’t really plant to be super competitive with it. I’d like some help refining the points on each model a bit though so I don’t get steamrolled

HQ (120pts):

Delegatus

-Artificer Armor

-Refractor Field

-Melta Bombs

-Plasma Pistol

-Power Sword

Elites (645pts):

2x Contemptor Dreadnought

-Twin Linked Lascannon

-Havok Launcher

Terminator Squad (5 man)

-Teleport Transponder

-Cataphractii Armor

-4x Power Axe

-3x Combi Bolter

-1x Plasma Blaster

--Sergeant w/

---Grenade Harness

---Power Sword

---Combi Bolter

Troops (795pts):

3x Tactical Squad

-Nuncio Vox

-Bolters

--Sergeant w/

---Artificer Armor

---Melta Bombs

--Rhino w/

---Heavy Bolter

---Hunter Killer Missile

Tactical Support Squad

-Volkite Calivers

--Sergeant w/

---Artificer Armor

---Combi Plasma

--Rhino w/

---Heavy Bolter

---Hunter Killer Missile

Heavy Support (440pts):

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought

-Drop Pod

-Grav Flux Bombard

-Siege Drill

-Armored Ceramite

-Phosphex Discharger

Edited by WolfLogic

Nice start! But you can optimize this a fair amount for sure!

Overall List

- Three tactical squads in Rhinos is quite an investment for basically no power. I'd take two at the most OR upgrade these to Veterans using the Delegatus' Rite of War: Chosen Duty. That way they can be given some more gear and special rules to beef out their role. I'd then suggest keeping them as 3 squads for sure.

Delegatus

- Power Swords are basically useless in 30k, any and every sergeant will have Artificer armour meaning your sword bounces off. You want an axe or better yet a fist/ thunder-hammer/ Solarite gauntlet to take advantage of the free-master craft that the Delegatus gets (though being an IF you already re-roll 1s in challenges).

- Speaking even broarder, why a Delegatus? I can't see any Rites of War you are running so any other consul may be better suited? However if you go with the above change to veterans then it will work.

Contemptors

- You can save some points by making these into Cortus Contemptors, or i'd consider specializing each one: Making one a full combat Cortus and the other a double-lascannon Mortis Contemptor.

Terminators

- I'd simply add more combi-weapons into these. With the advantage of Teleportation transponders you want to maximise the firepower on the deep strike.

Leviathan

- He's great, nothing to change.

================

Doing a quick bit of list-hammer, you can make the changes above - drop the Caliver squad and still keep 3 10man strong Veteran Squads with 200pts left over to give them whatever gear you want!

I'd recommend:

Anti-infantry squad: Scout ability and some plasma guns + combi-volkite.

Anti-vehicle squad: Machine Killers ability and some melta guns + Combi-melta

Close Combat squad: A mix of power weapons, the WS5 upgrade and have the Delegatus roll with these maybe.

Edited by Charlo

I did the revising you suggested and came out with this. There are definitely a few places I can squeeze out more points because I’m only at 1958 but I wasn’t really sure where to put them.

Rite of War: Chosen Duty

HQ (125pts):

Delegatus

-Artificer Armor

-Refractor Field

-Plasma Pistol

-Solerite Power Gauntlet

Elites (563pts):

Contemptor Cortus

-2x Close Combat Weapons (Bolters)

Contemptor Mortis

-Twin Linked Lascannon

Terminator Squad (5 man)

-Teleport Transponder

-Cataphractii Armor

-4x Power Axe

-2x Combi Volkite

-1x Plasma Blaster

-1x Combi Plasma

--Sergeant w/

---Grenade Harness

---Power Axe

---Combi Plasma

Troops (840pts):

Veteran Tactical Squad (Stalkers)

-9x bolt pistol

-9x chain sword

-5x combi plasma

-4x combi volkite

--Sergeant

---Artificer Armor

---Power Axe

---Combi Plasma

Veteran Tactical Squad (Machine Killers)

-9x bolt pistol

-9x chain sword

-5x combi melta

-2x combi plasma

-2x melta gun

--Sergeant

---Artificer Armor

---Power Axe

---Combi Plasma

Veteran Tactical Squad (Weapon Masters)

-9x bolt pistol

-9x bolters

-4x power axe

-4x power maul

-1x power sword

--Sergeant

---Artificer Armor

---Power Axe

---Combi Volkite

Heavy Support (440pts):

-Drop Pod

-Grav Flux Bombard

-Siege Drill

-Armored Ceramite

-Phosphex Discharger

-2x Twin Linked Volkite Calivers

Edited by WolfLogic

Looks nice, and I really don't have any list-building experience at all, but I have the feeling that your list is lacking a bit of mobility. The machine killers and weaponmasters veteran squads would probably benefit from some kind of transportation, as otherwise they will likely have a hard time reachimg their intended targets due to their short range/melee orientation. You could use the 42 spare points in a rhino if I recall correctly, and maybe try to save some points elsewhere to get a second one? If you want the delegatus to join the weaponmasters, maybe you can remove one legionary from the squad, so they can fit all together in a rhino, and maybe that will help getting the necessary points for another one for the machine killers. Edited by Elzender

Great development on the list, my only comments would be to specialize your squads.

Terminators should be all combi-plasma. Machine Killers should be all melta etc.

If you wanted some more variety, you could take out the Stalker Vet Squad and replace them with seekers - this would give you a proper anti-infantry presence :)

Great development on the list, my only comments would be to specialize your squads.

Terminators should be all combi-plasma. Machine Killers should be all melta etc.

If you wanted some more variety, you could take out the Stalker Vet Squad and replace them with seekers - this would give you a proper anti-infantry presence :)

I second this and add some points.

Terminator Squad needs a Chainfist on the sergeant. Comes in handy way more often then you may think.

Deop the Power Mauls on your Weaponmaster Veteran Squad as well as the Combi-volkite. They just don't need those.

The Machine Killers on the other hands could make good work out of one or two Power Mauls because they are after vehicles. Those weapons are quiet good at bashing tanks, transports and that sort of things with rear armour 10 or 11.

And Charlo is right about transports for your veterans. I'd recommand assault transport for the close combat experts and something like a Rhino (okish) or Dreadclaw/ Termite (preferable) for the Machine Killers.

I’d like to thank everyone for the help and to say here’s what I have now after taking most of the suggestions to the list. To get the second Rhino, I ended up dropping the grenade harness on the terminator sergeant and the volkite calivers on the Leviathan. The Termite and Dreadclaw didn’t really seem doable without some massive changes to the list. I suppose I could bump the points up a bit but I feel like that would change the composition a lot as well. If anyone has further suggestions let me know. I ended up having 1998 points and remember that a Bolter was only 2pts on the Delegatus so I added that to round it off.

I’m also curious in what situation would you want to use Terminators with the Storm Shield. From what I understand it makes more sense to use Tartaros pattern because it gives you a flat 3+ invulnerable save regardless of what pattern you’re wearing and Tartaros has better movement. Beyond that I’m not really sure though. I’m also unsure about what other heavy support unit might be a good fit as I always hear a lot about how great the Leviathan is but not much else.

2000pt on the dot

Rite of War: Chosen Duty

HQ (127pts):

Delegatus

-Artificer Armor

-Refractor Field

-Plasma Pistol

-Bolter

-Solerite Power Gauntlet

Elites (565pts):

Contemptor Cortus

-2x Close Combat Weapons (Bolters)

Contemptor Mortis

-Twin Linked Lascannon

Terminator Squad (5 man)

-Teleport Transponder

-Cataphractii Armor

-4x Power Axe

-4x Combi Plasma

--Sergeant w/

---Chain Fist

---Combi Plasma

Troops (888pts):

Veteran Tactical Squad (Stalkers)

-9x bolt pistol

-9x chain sword

-5x combi plasma

-4x combi volkite

--Sergeant

---Artificer Armor

---Power Axe

---Combi Plasma

Veteran Tactical Squad (Machine Killers)

-9x bolt pistol

-9x chain sword

-7x combi melta

-2x melta gun

--Sergeant

---Artificer Armor

---Power Maul

---Combi Melta

--Rhino

Veteran Tactical Squad (Weapon Masters) (9-man squad, Delegates will go with these)

-8x bolt pistol

-8x bolters

-8x power axe

--Sergeant

---Artificer Armor

---Power Axe

---Combi Volkite

--Rhino 

Heavy Support (430pts):

-Drop Pod

-Grav Flux Bombard

-Siege Drill

-Armored Ceramite

-Phosphex Discharger

Edited by WolfLogic

• 2 months later...

I’ve got a bit more experience in the Horus Heresy now and am interested in making a 1000pt Zone Mortalis army. Here is what I have so far, I think it’s kind of based one the lore but I could be wrong. Let me know of any suggestions you all have

1000pts

HQ (355pt)-

Praetor

-Tartaros pattern Terminator Armor

-Digital Lasers

-Mastercraft a Single Weapon

-Vigil pattern Storm Shield

-Thunder Hammer

Primus Medicae

-Vigil pattern Storm Shield

-Thunder Hammer

Elites (300)-

Terminator Squad

-5x Vigil pattern Storm Shields

-5x Thunder Hammers

Troops (345pt)-

Breacher Siege Squad

-Sergeant w/ Artificer Armor

Tactical Squad

-Bolters

-Sergeant w/ Artificer Armor

The idea is that the Praetor and Primus Medicae would run with the Terminator Squad and the Breacher and Tactical Squads would stick together, ideally with the Tactical Squad behind the Breacher squad.

Let me know of any suggestions you have for this list, thanks.

Edited by WolfLogic

• 4 months later...

Hi, so I have decided to join in on the heresy fun.

After building a list and ordering All the stuff for it, I decided to read the tactica thread and stumbled over a few things.

My group is planning on running 2.5k most of the time, so thats what I am starting with. I will most likely face machanicum, as well as maybe some knights and custodes, as well as wolves. Also maybe some xenos: orks and eldar with 7th ed codex rules.

My current plan looks as follows:

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2,500pts] ++

+ HQ +

Sigismund [230pts]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [90pts]

. Apothecary, Legion: None (Infantry, Power Armour), Power Armour

. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Combat Blade

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [185pts]: Extra Armour, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon x 2

+ Troops +

Templar Brethren , Compulsory [560pts]: 7x Combat Shield, 7x Templar Brethren

. Chapter Champion: Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet

. Land Raider Phobos: Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon Sponsons

Terminator Squad, Legion , Compulsory [800pts]

. Cataphractii Pattern Terminator Armour

. Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield, Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

. Terminator Sergeant, Legion: Chainfist, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield

. Terminators, Legion: Chainfist, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield

. Terminators, Legion: Power Fist, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [305pts]: 9x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, 8x Chainsword, Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Power Axe, 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion, Veteran Tactics: Stalkers, Vexilla, Legion

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Multi Melta

. Veteran Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Axe

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [330pts]: 9x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, 8x Chainsword, Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Melta Bombs, Power Axe, 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion, Veteran Tactics: Stalkers, Vexilla, Legion

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: VII: Imperial Fists, Loyalist

Rite of War: Pride of the Legion

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules: Playtest Rules Off

++ Total: [2,500pts] ++

Now I read that hb Veterans, while incredibly cool, aren't really up to snuff anymore. If I have both of these squads Plasma guns and removed the melta bombs from one, I could give both sarges the solarite gauntlet.

Another question I am asking myself is: should I give all those terminators vigil pattern shields or is 5/8 enough? Would free up enough points to give bothe vet squads the solarite gauntlet and melta bombs. The shooting from 3 Kombi bolters will obviously not be massive, but I think it could do something. I would propably build 5 terminators with shield and normal fist and 5 with shield and chainfist then.

Is there even a point in shooting, what they charge? I dont want my opponent to remove models from the Front, so my charge distance becomes longer.

Also I bought the calth cataphractii Praetor off a friend. I am thinking of converting him with either a paragon blade and something to shoot or a vigil pattern stormshield. I ordered ten of those so that would be fine. Or I could convert him to a Primus medicae. As it stand right now the Apothecatries are supposed to go with the terminators and the templars.

At 3k I want to add dorn and maybe another scoring squad, so it will propably either be a tactical Support squad or a ten man tactical squad, maybe in a rhino, depending on point. Or maybe I could do the Primus medicae. I could for 3k also just add dorn and 2 terminators and I'd be out of points as well.

Played around with it and got something like this:

+ HQ +

Sigismund [230pts]

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [185pts]: Extra Armour, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon x 2

+ Troops +

. Land Raider Phobos: Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon Sponsons

Terminator Squad, Legion , Compulsory [845pts]

. Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield, Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

. Terminators, Legion: Combi-Bolter, Power Fist

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [295pts]: 9x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, 8x Chainsword, 2x Plasma gun, Power Axe, 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion, Veteran Tactics: Machine Killers, Vexilla, Legion

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [295pts]: 9x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, 8x Chainsword, 2x Plasma gun, Power Axe, 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion, Veteran Tactics: Machine Killers, Vexilla, Legion

+ Allegiance +

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Created with BattleScribe

For 3k I'd add dorn to the terminators, so one has to go anyways to take the apothecary and the primarch in their spartan. This would free up 35-50 points for a rhino, in which I could put a naked ten man tac squad, to have another scoring unit.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

+ HQ +

Sigismund [230pts]

+ Elites +

+ Troops +

Terminator Squad, Legion , Compulsory [845pts]

+ Allegiance +

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Where's the second Apothecary going I wonder ?

Also, for a 2.5k list, it's kinda ... well inflexible. Sure, that might just fit the IF theme, but essentially you're deploying 2 bricks plus 2 units of (very expensive) Vets. Doesn't leave much room for strategical flexibility, but okay if that's your thing, I just know it'd be boring to me.

I'd try and focus the Legion Terminators. Go all melee (shields) or all shooty (combi weapons), but don't mix things up.

Same holds true for the Vets, they seem to be rather indecisive about their role.

All in all, I'd say you don't really need to run PotL at all. It just makes you bleed 2 VP eventually, and you already have one compulsory troops slot filled by the Templars (unlocked through Sigismund). I'd prolly just add a single Legion Tactical Squad or Assault Squad, and then you can forego the need for the RoW, or could even switch to another RoW.

EDIT:  Also, for the love of the Emperor ... this format makes ones eyes bleed ... and that's unhealthy heresy ...

Edited by Unknown Legionnaire

I can change the Format in battlescribe? Cause I'd love to it annoys the hell out of me.

Well the apothecary Was supposed to go with the terminators. By the way you are asking I am assuming he cant because Heß not wearing tda?

Thinking about it some more you are completely correct in that I dont really need PotL. I could do two large tactical squads with Apothecatries for objective Holding, should be pretty durable. Or I could do two times ten in rhinos and have some more points left over. Maybe for an additional Dread or something like that. I was also thinking about landspeeders with grav and multimelta or grav and hb for anti infantry fire Power. Some more mobility could be nice.

Well a primus medicae might be too expensive I think.

At 2 tactical squads in rhinos I could increase the dreadnought Talon in size or take a deredeo or leviathan aditionally.

Alternatively I could go for three tacs in rhinos for objectives capturing and add a cheap tda IC to the cataphractii. But I think that might be putting too many eggs into one already expensive basket.

What is it you mean by tactical Flexibility? I dont think Termies and templars will be capping a lot of objectives. So two tacs should be done.

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Praetor, Legion [165pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, On Foot, Paragon Blade

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [670pts]

. Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion: Havoc Launcher, Twin-linked Lascannon, Twin-linked Lascannon

. Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion: Havoc Launcher, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon

. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Twin-linked Bolter

. Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion: Twin-linked Lascannon, Twin-linked Lascannon

Terminator Squad, Legion [905pts]

. Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Flare Shield, Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

. Terminators, Legion: Thunder Hammer, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield

. Terminators, Legion: Thunder Hammer, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [125pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Bolter

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [135pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter

+ Allegiance +

Rite of War

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules

++ Total: [2,000pts] ++

Hi , new to HH. Not sure if this list is at least average. Can I get some criticism. Thanks

Beyond the fact that over 50% of your list will be confined to a singular Spartan is a very risky proposition at such a tight points limit. Especially when the spartan doesnt have armored ceramite and can get 1 shot by a Meltagun or otherwise taken out by 4-5 haywire shots.

The Cataphractii Termies definitely helps you save on points for the unit but I feel you'd be better off giving them Tartaros so they can sweep, Thunderhammer only on the Sarge (if at all) and 1in3 chainfists instead to save on cost.

2 rhino-less 10 man tac squads arent going to be doing much for you like this beyond just capping objectives which is fine enough, I guess, but if you Spartan goes bust or your termies get got, well, you dont have much left going for you.

The Dreads are ok enough to me. My personal Preference would be dual fist with 2x Grav Guns in this instance to run up the field with your Spartan to give you some punch as well as reliable AT with Haywire from the Gravguns (if short ranged). Skip the havoc launcher, imo.

If you want double-shooty weapon dreads, make them Mortis' instead so that they have Anti-Air capabilities too.

Edited by Slips

Played around with battlescribe a bit. I hope this is easier on the eyes.

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2,475pts] ++

+ HQ +

Sigismund [230pts]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [45pts]

Terminator Squad, Legion [885pts]

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad, Legion [175pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Dozer Blade

Tactical Squad, Legion [175pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Dozer Blade

+ Fast Attack +

Land Speeder Squadron, Legion [65pts]

. Land Speeder, Legion: Graviton Gun, Multi-melta

+ Heavy Support +

Artillery Tank Squadron, Legion [155pts]

. Medusa, Legion: Medusa Siege Gun

+ Allegiance +

Rite of War

+ Use Playtest Rules +

++ Total: [2,475pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

This leaves me enough points to either give some melee weapons to the sergeants or equip one rhino with a multi melta and the other one with a heavy bolter.

Alternatively I could not do the medusa and do 3 tacs in rhinos. For both cases the landspeeder is entirely optional. Which would give me some more points to spend on tac Equipment.

Thinking of it I could also propably replace it with one or two rapiers. I could also go from 1:1 chain fist to powerfists to 1:3 or 1:2 to get a few more points back.

Another Idea would be to do one 20 man tac squad with an additional apothecary and one or two in rhinos.

I like the Idea of having a medusa and lobbing big shells add dudes that I dislike, on the other hand having some mobile squads has never hurt anyone.

Thanks for your Tips!

So yeah I changed it a bit. Any other advice ?

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Praetor, Legion [165pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, On Foot, Paragon Blade

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [390pts]

. Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion: Extra Armour

. Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion: Extra Armour, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon

. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Graviton Gun

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [205pts]: Extra Armour, Havoc Launcher, Twin-linked Lascannon x 2

Terminator Squad, Legion [895pts]

. Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield, Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

. Terminators, Legion: Vigil Pattern Storm Shield

. . Power Weapon: Power Maul

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [175pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Melta Bombs

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [170pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion

+ Allegiance +

Rite of War

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules

++ Total: [2,000pts] ++

• 1 month later...

Im thinking over some stuff again to expand my Fists for 30k as i want a rather flexible collection with the stuff i iike and would love to hear som feedback again over some stuff.

My last FW order today was a 10 man Destroyer Squad and a Moritat with Volkite pistols alone for the fluff and models.

For the Moritat i think volkites work best with the current FAQ rules.

I am thinkingto equip the Destroyer Squad with 2 toxistuff flamers from Book 8 as i made good experience in the previous 40k editions with a 2 flamer jumppack squad.

The other more aggressive element will be a Support Squad with Volkite Chargers and additional cc weapon probably in a Rhino.

As i am thinking about style and future proofing my Legion i decided to use the Kromlech upgrades for the Rhino Chassis and to switch between the variants.

That brought me to the next idea, as i will end up with more than a pair of Rhinos i was thinking about going all out and get enough stuff to field an Armoured Breakthrough list (the one where you bring Preds as compulsory standards).

A wall of amrour 13 - 14 sounds pretty nice in my ears like throwing yellow procks into the teeth of your opponent.

Does anyone have experience with such a list?

For bigger games i would picture an Armoured Breaktrough list with a Mastodon as a centerpiece. 

• 4 months later...

Bung: there is a game on the 30k channel featuring an if armoured breakthrough list.

Since I want to get 2 or 3 rhinos down the line I am having the same thought, so how did it work out for you? And how would kromlech turrets look with deimos rhinos?

Or can I just tale a deimos pred kit and add the deimos rhino doors and magnetize the turret to make ot viable to be both?

For my primary reason for posting:

I have thirty MKIV marines left. I was going to do two of tactical vets/tactical support completely magnetized.

From the third squad I was going to do heavy support I could easily do 5 heavy bolters and magnetize them so they can also get ryza lascannons and so on down the road.

I face quite a lot of mechanicum so autocannons might not be the worst idea to bust open some transports, but I also really like the IF with bolters image.

I should also be able to do 5 guys with rocket launchers. Those I wouldnt magnetize. Are they worth it with tank hunter? I find lascannons a tad bit expensive for my taste.

Whats everyones thoughts on heavy support squads?

Bung: there is a game on the 30k channel featuring an if armoured breakthrough list.

Since I want to get 2 or 3 rhinos down the line I am having the same thought, so how did it work out for you? And how would kromlech turrets look with deimos rhinos?

Or can I just tale a deimos pred kit and add the deimos rhino doors and magnetize the turret to make ot viable to be both?

To be honest i only got one cheap Damocles Rhino from Forgeworld and turned it into a Damocles Command Rhino. For the rest i am going full Kromlech and stock up when they have sales.

Command Rhino with with Kromlech bits and doors from ML Shields

ayv8-5k-5b4b.jpg

The other Rhino variants.

ayv8-5m-ddaf.jpg

ayv8-5l-e27f.jpg

I got only magnets for the side doors and the radar dish on the Commaqnd Rhino.

Some questions for veteran Fists players:

- If you are the kind of player to take a punchy HQ, in what circumstances would you not opt for Sigismund over a Praetor? Are there any of you for whom Sigismund’s cost is prohibitive in 2-2.5k points?

- If you are the kind of player to take Sigismund, at what points level would you consider making an upgrade to Dorn? Is the additional cost a trivial amount in, say, a 3k list, OR does Sigismund offer good value with Primarch-level duelist ability - with some army buffs on the side - without having to shell out for Dorn?

Perhaps I’m conflating very different characters but it does seem to me that the Fists have a clear progression of HQ/LoW choices, and I’m intrigued to know at which levels players opt for one or the other.

Edited by Scammel