Demon2027 Iron Tenth - Return of the Medusan Son

Ok, a slightly more normal helm, think it needs something though.

14875803416_159acd314b.jpg

This conversion stand out for me with the MkIII helmet.  It look really cool, also I miss out on seen your topic Demon2027 for a few days, come back & there a lot of great conversion work done.

Got a bit of time tonight so I decided to put together a Terror Marine. In my head, I picture the Crimson Sons as having a fairly similar mentality to that of a young Curze - they believe that power, and thus justice, is gained, and also maintained, through the tip of the sword. So they remain a more brutal force then their fellow legions, and I don't mean World Eater or Space Wolf rampaging brutal, but the knife in the gut from the shadows, an agonising death for all to see. While the Crimson Sons were not recruited from the gangs of Nostramo, they were the children of 2nd and 3rd generation criminals, damned to see out life sentences for crimes their ancestors committed against long dead victims. I imagine they are slightly unhinged, but at the same time they were risen to the light, literally, by the Emperor and the Imperial Truth, and made into some thing more. They were his shadow killers, and as such I see them keeping a sense of imperial honour, those of Nostramo never had. But, the curse of the geenseed is strong, and the Night Children have their own darkness inside, and so the imperial honour fades, replaced by the desire to bring justice to all those that sin, in the only way their black eyes will accept - the axe to neck, the bolter to the gut, the knife to the skin.

So this is my attempt at a non Nostramo fear inducing Huntsmens of a Terror Squad.

14973897895_f6a9520434.jpg

Unfortunately my rear shot was really blurry so will have to grab one tomorrow, but at the end of the chain is a Volkite charger.

Haha brilliant!

I'm love getting to watch your tiny 8th legion grow up. Like a proud parent seeing their youngster take their first tottering steps... and their first murder-trophy.

*sniff*

Looks great Demon! The Volkite weapon and chain look particularly good :)

Thanks mate, really enjoying the VIII at the moment. Even being sensible by putting together 2 standard bolter marines to test my scheme on, and not ruining a converted model.

Haha brilliant!

I'm love getting to watch your tiny 8th legion grow up. Like a proud parent seeing their youngster take their first tottering steps... and their first murder-trophy.

*sniff*

I hope my Terror Claw will make you proud, although do remember, these guys have been killing thier way across the galaxy before you Claws were born.

Man, thats some nice Iron armour *sniff* :unsure:

You may want to look away, I continue to abuse the Tenths upgrade kit.

Terror marine number two. In order to make these guys stand out from the rank and file I decided to dip into the more standard Night Lord style. Like I said in my previous post, I see these guys as slightly more unhinged then their brothers, and more influenced by their sires geenseed. I also wanted to use up the Night Raptor kit! I really like the Night Raptor helms and it fits nicely on the mark III body. Also i have always like the idea that the VIII were the weapon humanity needed but could not become. By taking a monstrous image, the marine is becoming a gargoyle (not literally as then he would have water pouring out his mouth) a representation of evil, he is the monster that humanity needs, saving the Imperium from falling into they abyss. I hope he has read his Nietzsche!

14792210188_14dbed06c1.jpg

14975724731_403fae8555.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Crimson Sons are looking good so far, and I like your take on them. It might be a step away from how they are usually depicted but it's nice nonetheless.

I'd love to see a helmet-less Crimson Son with some terrifying facepaint, if you can manage it ;)

Got a bit of time tonight so I decided to put together a Terror Marine. In my head, I picture the Crimson Sons as having a fairly similar mentality to that of a young Curze - they believe that power, and thus justice, is gained, and also maintained, through the tip of the sword. So they remain a more brutal force then their fellow legions, and I don't mean World Eater or Space Wolf rampaging brutal, but the knife in the gut from the shadows, an agonising death for all to see. While the Crimson Sons were not recruited from the gangs of Nostramo, they were the children of 2nd and 3rd generation criminals, damned to see out life sentences for crimes their ancestors committed against long dead victims. I imagine they are slightly unhinged, but at the same time they were risen to the light, literally, by the Emperor and the Imperial Truth, and made into some thing more. They were his shadow killers, and as such I see them keeping a sense of imperial honour, those of Nostramo never had. But, the curse of the geenseed is strong, and the Night Children have their own darkness inside, and so the imperial honour fades, replaced by the desire to bring justice to all those that sin, in the only way their black eyes will accept - the axe to neck, the bolter to the gut, the knife to the skin.

So this is my attempt at a non Nostramo fear inducing Huntsmens of a Terror Squad.

14973897895_f6a9520434.jpg

Unfortunately my rear shot was really blurry so will have to grab one tomorrow, but at the end of the chain is a Volkite charger.

The Terror squad looking really cool & I like this model/conversion. 

IP

Crimson Sons are looking good so far, and I like your take on them. It might be a step away from how they are usually depicted but it's nice nonetheless.

I'd love to see a helmet-less Crimson Son with some terrifying facepaint, if you can manage it ;)

Yeah, I seem to be degenerating some what. I have an idea to explain why the use of terror markings and the like, just need to write it down. I have been thinking about face paint, it's certainly something I want I do.

Damn do these converted kitbashes look good.

The bat helmet still looks dumb though. :P

Thanks. These bat helms have grown on me though.

The Terror squad looking really cool & I like this model/conversion.

IP

Thanks mate, I really like this guy to.

So have another 3 Terror marines in the works, but I also started on something else. I had an urge to build a XXth legion Vigilator. I'm not sure where they fit in with the fleet at this point, but I love the Alpha Legion to much to not include them. I am really happy with the pose, and the look, however helm doesn't look great. I am going to re do it think, maybe try something a little different.

14821015228_c7f4b49145.jpg15007628785_58912262ba.jpg

The idea behind the helm came from this pic

14990893765_2313eec037.jpg

Which is really cool, but I think my version looks like Magnito with a monocle. I think it's general look, I need something streamlined and hi tech looking to fit the spec-ops feel I want.

Side Project

While I was digging around my stuff last night I stumbled across the Palatine Blade kit. I picked it up for some conversions I never got round to doing. I have never really been a fan of the III Legion, but these kits are beautiful, so I have decided to put them together. In order to try and improve my GS and painting skills I am going to use these as models as centre piece, to try and make the 5 of them to the best of my ability. Here is the first one, very simple at the moment but I want to add detail in a few places. Each model will be equipped with a weapon combo which I think is cool.

15007247362_9b061789f3.jpg14820912109_92892c4c16.jpg

Thanks for looking

Haha, Magneto with a monocle indeed! Have you checked out the MK4 recon squads? They have something very similar with the oversized optics. Would probably be much easier to start with one of those and just sculpt the little dragon crest.

The Child is gorgeous! I hope one day I can grow up and sculpt capes like you wub.png

Just to say with the Alpha Legion, when it come to Bionic eye, I use the goggle from the Space Marine Scouts range for my Iron Warriors.  They are a bit trick to cut but do look cool for that sort of bionic look.  Just for me I'm not able to sculpt with green stuff :( 

The Alpha Legion look cool :D

Haha, Magneto with a monocle indeed! Have you checked out the MK4 recon squads? They have something very similar with the oversized optics. Would probably be much easier to start with one of those and just sculpt the little dragon crest.

The Child is gorgeous! I hope one day I can grow up and sculpt capes like you :wub:

I did think of the recon kit but I don't have any, can't afford any, and there are none on ebay. So decided to make my own. Also I am not going to attempt the dragon crest, yet.

I thought you may like the EC, capes are easy. I just use plenty of water and role them really thin, then the tend to fold naturally, and a bit of careful prodding with a clay shaper and knife adds more folds.

Just to say with the Alpha Legion, when it come to Bionic eye, I use the goggle from the Space Marine Scouts range for my Iron Warriors. They are a bit trick to cut but do look cool for that sort of bionic look. Just for me I'm not able to sculpt with green stuff :(

The Alpha Legion look cool :D

Thanks, I hadn't considered looking at scout bits. I may have some in my 40k bits box (yep I have separate bits boxes for different things, not sure if that's normal). I also thought I have a lot of IG bits, could be worth a look. I find the GS, like painting, requires a lot of practice and a lot of patience.

You could make an entire army of demi-cloaked killers with those greenstuff skills.

I like the Emperor's Child with his short and long swords too.

A whole army, cloaked. Sounds, interesting....

I liked the idea of a double sword combo, but with one being a shorter Gladius, and the other a Spatha, which would make him a very dangerous swordsman, proficient in different styles of fighting. I think I may give him the rank Spatharios.

Archived