Oh. Oh, sonovagun. I just realized something, timeline-wise. This is the 21st Founding, right? The Cursed? That means this is prior to the Age of Apostasy.

There are no Sisters of Battle yet.

Hell. I gotta go fix my 'Briefing' later and amend the Canoness and Tala's armour source.

Ah crud, welp, there goes my idea for a Sororitas Order dedicated to protecting an Psychic Beacon known as the Lighthouse used to guide ships going to and from the Cluster and the rest of the Imperium. Ah nevermind, I could decide on their dang colours anyway. :sweat:

That's a shame, because that idea sounds awesome.

You could still have Sisters of Silence.

Looking at the Doomseeker/All-Seers stuff...they're going to defend a Forge World?

Er...how does that even....

Black Judges Condemnitor-Sergeant:

"They're heretics! I knew it! I told you all! VINDICATION!"

Yes, yes, thank you, brother-sergeant. Out of the past two instances of a Chapter turning traitor, your Chapter correctly predicted three hundred and nineteen. Well done.

"VIGILANCE IS ITS OWN REWARD!"

Quite. Off you go, then.

If I may be serious for a moment:

I propose that the operation against the 18 Worlds is beginning to gain a foothold right about the time a giant fleet of Frateris Templars with Daughters of the Emperor support (IIRC the Brides of the Emperor were Vandire's personal bodyguards) arrives with the intent of forcing the Liber Cluster into compliance with the will of Terra.

One almost has to admire the Templars....it takes a special approach to diplomacy to unite the Saneslau Mechanicus and the Conflagrators, the Black Judges and the Eagles of Glory....to take pretty much every Imperial faction in the Cluster, and turn all of them against you.

As the Imperium turns its gaze inward, the Lions are able to regroup and retake their lost ground, although they have suffered heavy casualties from the abortive attempt at wiping them out.

Basically, the Damocles Crusade, but with Gorge Vandire standing in for the Tyranids.

Well a few alterations will have to be made, in light of new information received. Also the creator of the Doomsayers is usually on the painting/gaming side of the hobby so if I could ask for a bit of leeway when it comes to creative writing that'd be cool :p dammit jim i'm a lyricist not a pool man!

What Wade said about defending !? I was at the opinion we are attacking I'am planning on 6 companys , the Knights of House Grunwald and 3 Inf Reg &1 Armoured Reg from the Home world going in.

@ helterskelter I hear you, This is the most writing I have attempted IT hurts the Brain:tongue.: 

Alright, post updated with the orbital battle. Also added mention of Lion air-power. Will probably revisit the write up several more times yet...

Note to self - stop writing the word 'the' too often... :pinch:

Note to self - stop writing the word 'the' too often... :pinch:

At least you don't keep yourself up at night worrying that you might have a strange fetish for the words "however" or "ultimately," because apparently I am completely incapable of creative writing that doesn't include those two words like every other sentence.

Whereas I overuse hyphens.
Like, seriously, hyphens everywhere. Everywhere! :blink.:

Be it for uniting separate words into a unified term (like making battle brother into battle-brother), stringing bunches of words together like some kind of big-elaborate-but-unusual-descriptive-thing or breaking up sentences with them - because it adds a short pause for emphasis - I always find myself relying on the hyphen to do more than it's usual share of work.

Since last year, I've been forcing myself to use hyphens for breaking up sentences less than twice per post.

I guess I might have a problem. :unsure.:

Here's a fun game - go back and re-read my first ever 'This is the Liber' story, on page five of the thread with the same name. Count the hyphens. :laugh.:

Don't make a drinking game of it if you value your sobriety though.

EDIT:

Damn it, there's a hyphen in the above sentences. And I was doing so well up to now. :wallbash:

I know I'm guilty of at least those last two charges (over-hyphenation and, yes, parentheses like these).

I do, however, worry that my quality as a writer is experiencing arrested development at the 'amateur' stage. :(

Alright guys just to let you know that for about a week I'll have no internet for my laptop meaning no stories or banners will come till then. I will take that bit of advice and change the idea so that the Govener was bought out. Cheers

At least you don't keep yourself up at night worrying that you might have a strange fetish for the words "however" or "ultimately," because apparently I am completely incapable of creative writing that doesn't include those two words like every other sentence.

Oh Holy Throne, you too? Any time I want to switch subjects or topics in my writing...no. Not ANY time. Every time.

Every. Time. It's good old "However". We should form a support group.

Edit:

Assuming your briefing is from the Imperial point of view, I'd change the mention of the Lions storied aces and famous squadrons to something like "squadrons of craft in the colors of the Lions most notorious aerial units, including the bat winged fighters of the elite Kingkillers, as well as waves of the non Euclidean "Death Blossom" class torpedo bombers Imperial picket vessels had already learned to fear".

The Imperials wouldn't dignify renegades with terms like "respect", or "storied", after all.

Edit:

Assuming your briefing is from the Imperial point of view, I'd change the mention of the Lions storied aces and famous squadrons to something like "squadrons of craft in the colors of the Lions most notorious aerial units, including the bat winged fighters of the elite Kingkillers, as well as waves of the non Euclidean "Death Blossom" class torpedo bombers Imperial picket vessels had already learned to fear".

The Imperials wouldn't dignify renegades with terms like "respect", or "storied", after all.

Fair point. Also... I'm stealing that quote for the post. :P

I finally figured out the format I'll do my piece in (something new, something fun, something I don't think I can screw up that bad), so I'll start working on it as soon as possible and hopefully get it up.

Bonus points, it's not a format that will allow "however" or "ultimately," so victory is me.

I hope.

The Saneslau Mechanicus does not usually rely on overt shows of force. Thus, when they go to war it is made all the more poignant.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Deland stopped. Ever since his team had snuck in to sabotage that war hound titan, these damn scrap metal assassins had been tailing them.

Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt.

They are good, exceptionally good. Truth be told, he was really quite enjoying this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One of their largest military deployments to date was on Sranav, a forge world pledged to Al-Rashid. A frigid desert of a planet with fortresslike forges built into the extensive mountain ranges, it faced the brunt of the Legio Phlegethon’s flame spewing Titans and the violently effective myrmidons of IIos Peleus.

They’d been stalking and taking shots at each other for several days now. He had lost a few more men in that time, but the final victory would go to Deland.

Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt.

He had finally found the bastards, and now all they needed was a bullet through the head.

Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt.

It is highly suspected that the Saneslau sent other forces, more suited to their usual methods. There is no solid evidence, but it is known that the Swift Foxes, who were present in this campaign, caused very little trouble to the Imperial forces. It is believed that the foxes were too busy dealing with this other force of the Mechanicus, sent in secret.

Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt.

Deland and his remaining men lined up their rifles and prepared to take the shot. He paused, there was a spider on the lens of his scope. He brushed it off.

Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt.

He readied his rifle again.

Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Tickt. Activate.

The “spider” and several others like it exploded like the shot from a plasma cannon. A piece of rock detached itself from the mountain and resolved into a blue cloaked figure as it walked towards what was left of Deland and his men. The figure observed the handiwork of its explosive creations.

15th principle of lethality: the attack and the preparation for the attack should not be allowed to be seen, except where it would violate the 12th, 19, and 52nd principles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is this to start with.

And I'm not really sure what that picture is foreshadowing. I like the shirt, though

hey guys,

I've read the chapter descriptions and all the stuff okn the first page, cant wait to see how this project goes. Is there gonna be a more centralized place to read everything once you learn the details?

When I stop being lazy or get help, then the first few posts will become a lot larger.

At the moment, I am working on my piece for this current assignment, and I don't always have the most greatest amount of free time.

But I am glad you liked what you have read so far. Please continue reading, as there are some absolutely amazing gems hidden away here already. I'm not tooting my own horn here, I'm actually referring to what others have contributed that really goes to show how great our creativity can be when collaborating together.

When you are caught up, please join us and contribute something!

Can I play?

I must confess, I haven't read most of the thread, because it's just so long (I will try, honest!) However, I can present this Rogue Trader House to my fellow Liberites:

The Noble and Most Ancient House of Barandion

When a man roams the darkness between the stars, how can he live in the light?

Some Rogue Trader Houses predate the Imperium itself, and House Barandion is among their number. Its star has fallen far in recent centuries, but ambitious new leadership and the untapped potential of the Liber Cluster may raise Barandion to heights it has not seen since before the Horus Heresy.

During the Great Crusade the armies and ships of House Barandion formed the majority of the 119th and 173rd expedition fleets alongside small allied detachments from the XIII Legion and the Adeptus Mechanicus. Over two score worlds were brought into compliance by the Barandions – worlds that proved strong and loyal throughout the trials of the Horus Heresy. Most notably, Imperial Army regiments from 119-12 (Barand Prime) were instrumental to the loyalist victories at Fortress Kerenn, Adolphus’ World and Cisk Aleph.

House Barandion emerged from the Heresy with much honour, but the sweeping reforms of Guilliman and the High Lords of Terra stripped the House of its worlds and gave them to lesser men. The House took what forces it had left and embarked on a quest into the unknown reaches of the galaxy, searching for new sources of power.

In the subsequent millennia hundreds of newly colonised or conquered worlds have been handed over to the Administratum by House Barandion, yet it refuses all tribute of men, ships and gold. The Emperor’s Inquisition has long suspected that Barandion holds secret worlds across the galaxy, beyond the reach of the High Lords, where it builds its ships and recruits its armies, but conclusive evidence has never been found. Barandion’s frequent usage of xenos mercenaries, permissible by a loophole in the House’s Warrant of Trade, has led to particularly strained relationships with the Ordo Xenos and most Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes.

The decline of House Barandion began in 401.M34 when over half its ships were lost in the Howling, sparking a war of succession between the three brothers of the lost Lord Agendis Barandion XVI. Crisis followed crisis, with Barandion forces clashing with such foes as the Novamarines, High Inquisitor Eleina Corrieta and the traitor marine warband Scions of the Warpdreamer.

In 988.M35, after nearly two decades of scheming, Lady Ysbeta Barandion seized control of the House. To cement her position she gathered all the Barandion forces together for the first time in over three millennia and announced her intent to join the Imperial forces in the Liber Cluster. House Barandion would venture into the unknown reaches of space and claim them for the Imperium in the name of the God-Emperor of Mankind.

Does anyone mind terribly if we set the lions conflict early on in the Liber timeline. Early enough that the Angels Exultant are prefall? I am going to write under that assumption unless there is a really strong reason I should do otherwise.

Edit: Prefall not prefill, the angels exultant aren't a washing machine.

Does anyone mind terribly if we set the lions conflict early on in the Liber timeline. Early enough that the Angels Exultant are prefall? I am going to write under that assumption unless there is a really strong reason I should do otherwise.

Edit: Prefall not prefill, the angels exultant aren't a washing machine.

How soon do they fall? At the moment, I have been assuming this campaign is maybe two, three centuries in. I assumed your Angels fall later.

Is there gonna be a more centralized place to read everything once you learn the details?

It is very likely, yes.

Can I play?

I must confess, I haven't read most of the thread, because it's just so long (I will try, honest!) However, I can present this Rogue Trader House to my fellow Liberites:

Of course you can play, brother. Anyone can. That's the beauty of this project. Although the Liberite Chapters were on a first come, first served basis there is still mountains of stuff that can be contributed or expanded. :wink:

Nice start on the Rogue Trader House, btw

Like Cormac, I had assumed the fall of the Angels Exultant was some time into the existence of the Liber Cluster. I think there should be plenty of time for the Angels to play in the loyalist sandbox before anything untoward eventually happens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on a constructive note, here is every forge world in the Liber Cluster mentioned so far (please don't take this as an opportunity to create one of your own just to get on the list - forge worlds should come into being through natural narrative): 

Sranav (Contributed by Captain Nameless)

"...a forge world pledged to Al-Rashid. A frigid desert of a planet with fortresslike forges built into the extensive mountain ranges, it faced the brunt of the Legio Phlegethon’s flame spewing Titans and the violently effective myrmidons of IIos Peleus."

An as of yet unnamed forge world (Contributed by helterskelter)

All-seers and Doomsayers joint action. (Possibly Lelith Secundus?)

Lelith Secundus (Contributed by 1000heathens)

Producer of the BZ-19(ABN) 'Dervish' Stalk Tank. Under Lion control.

Saneslau (Contributed by Cormac Airt, expanded on by Wade Garrett)

The local headquarters and seat of power for the Mechanicus in the Liber Cluster. Owns several vassal worlds and is home to Legio Phlegethon, The Ferrymen.

Saneslau Secondus (Contributed by Olisredan)

Rumoured target of Inquisitor Brosdau.

Saneslau Tertius (Contributed by Teetengee)

Birthplace of Inquisitor Lucius Imperatus Ferrus. The third world of the Saneslau Triumverate and neighbouring planet to the system's knight world.

Geius Primus (Contributed by ArcticPaladin)

Sister world to the knight world Chevalius, liberated by the Scarlet Sentinels.

Archived