Nice map but... I think you've made the sectors on that galaxy map waaaaaaay too big. They would be closer to the size of each square on that grid overlay, imo. The same goes for the Tau Empire there - it wouldn't be quite that big, I think. 

There is, apparently, also the Albion Subsector.

Or wait. is Albion close to the other ones, or "further" away ie not possible to place besides any of the others?

When I created the Albion Sub Sector I was under the mistaken impression that a Sub Sector was equivalent to a star system (thank DoW2). So yeah, It should be "Albion Star System" rather than Sub Sector, sorry about that.

Anyway, all three Sentinel recruitment worlds lie within the Albion system, so one dot on the map should suffice for all three planets. As to Albion's location I'd suggest somewhere close to the borders of but still fairly central to Imperial territory.

New Map parts: What do you guys think?

And btw, i myself think more planets = better map, but if you guys only want systems, then i work with that. Tho a more detailed writen guide need to exist then for new readers as it will be hard to know how many planets (Developed) that exists in each system and what they are. Btw may i ask, is this for writen fan-work? the tabletop? the rpg or what is the reason behind the Cluster? (It just flashed my mind :biggrin.: lol im here for the Developement of my chapters, some i use in my RPGs).

Liber Regum

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2015/057/1/0/liber_regnum_by_m00nprophet-d8jmoqo.jpg

Englica

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2015/057/4/7/englica_by_m00nprophet-d8jmoqj.jpg

Arrenthal

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2015/057/e/1/arrenthal_by_m00nprophet-d8jmopu.jpg

Colvin

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2015/057/9/2/colvin_by_m00nprophet-d8jmoq8.jpg

It is literally a community project done entirely on site. No RPG elements, no game elements - just story making and universe building. Although, in this case it is less 'universe' and more 'our own slice of the local galactic neighbourhood'. 

As for the maps, they look good as starters, brother. A good foundation, I think. ;)

Since you asked why it's not in the main galaxy, here's the backstory of inspiration. I was just kind of messing around in Wikipedia, when I was looking at some pages on satellite galaxies and globular clusters. I got to thinking about 40k. Warp travel outside of the Galaxy is impossible, and so the only way to travel to another galaxy would require conventional engines only. Something the Tyranid and Orks evidently do, but useless for humanity.

But how far does the Warp-capable zones go? Does it go straight to the edge and then nothing? Well, what about those planets that seem like they're on the extreme edge of the galaxy, as far away from Macragge as Macragge is to Terra? What if there was a satellite galaxy, a small globular cluster, that was just close enough for the Imperium to reach?

So my mind started wandering on how the Imperium might try to conquer it, colonize it and control it. I thought about how its extreme isolation and self-dependency might lead to a more unique identity than any other location in the Imperium. I wanted to do this, I wanted to explore that possibility.

But I had also been thinking for a long time that it would be nice to have a shared setting, something more than we already have in basic 40k, where it wouldn't just be acceptable for members to cooperate and intermingle with their ideas, but for the whole thing to be devised as a cooperative effort. It felt only right to marry these two things together, and that's how the Liber Cluster came to be.

Now, as far as systems vs. worlds, it is just an issue of scale. The maps you've given would have to be zoomed in quite a bit in order to see individual worlds, or to have worlds within one system be picked out. It's like looking out into the night sky and picking a star. Imagine that star has three worlds, each worthy of note. But if a map was done, from the viewpoint of us down on earth using our bare eyes, it would be impossible to have all three worlds be there. So, you use the name of the star, which likely is the name of the system and repeated in the worlds' names. But sometimes you also see just the important world picked, and that's fine too. Terra is on the main 40k map, for instance, but Mars isn't. Badab is on the galactic map, but it doesn't specify the worlds in that system. Just 'Badab,' not 'Badab Primaris,' 'Badab Secundus,' etc. So it makes sense to use the name of the System if one is given, even if the individual worlds don't match it. Because in that scale, we'd only be able to see a pinprick of light that is the star. If the name of the system isn't given, then the dominant world in that system works just as well.

Okay to put it in the Englican Subsector?

Oh sure, stick the English chapter in the Subsector whose name is spelt like "English", I see how it is! :p Heh, sure, that Subsector sounds like it could use a little old-fashioned Astartes soldiering. :)

Just make sure we're far, far away from the Eagles.

Oh sure, stick the English chapter in the Subsector whose name is spelt like "English", I see how it is! :tongue.: Heh, sure, that Subsector sounds like it could use a little old-fashioned Astartes soldiering. :smile.:

Put them right across a small warp anomaly from each other. Call the anomoly... pond.

Oh sure, stick the English chapter in the Subsector whose name is spelt like "English", I see how it is! :tongue.: Heh, sure, that Subsector sounds like it could use a little old-fashioned Astartes soldiering. :smile.:

Put them right across a small warp anomaly from each other. Call the anomoly... pond.

The warp anomaly Atlanticae commonly referred to as "the pond" for it's unique blue tint? :p

The warp anomaly Atlanticae commonly referred to as "the pond" for it's unique blue tint? :p
Perhaps a large nebulae of some sort, maybe teeming with whale-like creatures that live there feeding off the nebula's energies? Emperor knows, not everything weird in space has to be a window into hell. :p

EDIT: Hmm that gives me an idea; perhaps the Sentinels/general Imperium use "The Pond" as one of their naval training grounds, training ops, war games, hunting the more hostile fauna, etc.

EDIT: Hmm that gives me an idea; perhaps the Sentinels/general Imperium use "The Pond" as one of their naval training grounds, training ops, war games, hunting the more hostile fauna, etc.

Training, who got time for training? Theres only War :P

Also the newest W.I.P. Revised Map! Enjoy! Download at my Deviant Page for Readable Texts,Higher Graphics (Download Button is almost in the top right corner of deviantart page).

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2015/059/2/4/wip__liber_cluster_by_m00nprophet-d8jx5zj.jpg

Wanted to add that in Arrenthal (May change name) theres gona be a few warstruck planets! Just so people know :smile.:

It looks awesome, man! Amazingly nice quality. My only complaint is that I'm still seeing systems as being visible.

I like what you did with the Ghostlands, making it a bit empty.

It looks awesome, man! Amazingly nice quality. My only complaint is that I'm still seeing systems as being visible.

I like what you did with the Ghostlands, making it a bit empty.

Well i need to fill the map with something :P Thats why i use the systems. think of the systems as the zoom in you wanted by script. As i cant script thats my way to handle it :P

So the circle becomes my way to zoomin and be able to show the composition of the star system and the "important" planets there in.

Without those systems the map would have been made look unpopulated and i know i know vast space and all :) But it would feel unnececary to have that large map with only a few dots to populate the map.

Ooh, I can see Carver's World on there. :biggrin.:

Awesome stuff, man.

Thanks man, not yet done. More things to add tonight :)

Without those systems the map would have been made look unpopulated and i know i know vast space and all :smile.: But it would feel unnececary to have that large map with only a few dots to populate the map.

That sounds like a challenge. More worlds are needed. Behold:

Englica Sub-sector

New Ivalice - Principally a feudal world, New Ivalice marks the furthest extent of Imperial expansion to the edge of the Englica sub-sector. Bordering the Deeps, the world is often the last stop of Rogue Traders, Merchant Clippers, Trade Captains and all manner of mercenary. Times of peace are few and far between here, the major nations plotting and even warring against each other on a regular basis. There is a booming slave trade on New Ivalice as mutants are common and manpower is seldom short. Many of the Guard regiments raised from this planet tend to rely on massed infantry formations, rarely using little more than steel blades and laspistols. From these units, veterans are often lauded as hardy and resourceful fighters, experienced in close range combat and surviving off the land.

Calahan - Ruled brutally by the Tarantus and Randahl clans, Calahan enjoys Imperial favour as the primary agri-world in the sub-sector. Grand machines toil daily to harvest the grasses and grain planted from coast-to-coast on the main continents, each towering well above the sparse townships that mark the collection stores. Great land-trains make round journeys that last years covering all the stops on their continent, finishing in the capital and spaceport - Skyreach. Here the tithes are collected and new machines are delivered, although the tithes are taken far more often than when a new Harvester is imported.

Colvin Sub-sector

Burgess - Little more than a frontier world for millennia, Burgess is poor in the way of mineral riches and commodities useful to the Imperium. The dusty grey soil barely supports crops and the locals usually subsist on fungal growths gathered from the caverns found throughout Burgess. Any water to be found on Burgess also comes from underground, aquifers and wells delving deep to gather fresh supplies. The only place of interest on the entire planet is a ruined city from from the golden age of technology, still locked with techno-arcane seals and identity-challenges.

Gharam Lesk - Named after the infamously egotistical Rogue Trader, the world of Gharam Lesk has grown into a hive world after millennia of development and population growth. Initially classed as a civilised planet, the various warp-routes that lead towards the Centralis sub-sector brought enough trade and riches for Gharam Lesk to grow into a manufacturing giant. Many of the Chimeras and Las-weapons used in the Colvin sub-sector and it's neighbours are stamped with the stylised GL hallmark and the ancient crest of the Rogue Trader.

Arrenthal Sub-sector

Ensek - Dominated by hab-stacks and manufactoria, Ensek is a smoggy, bleak world. That is, if you do not venture beyond the city limits. Outside the urban centres on Ensek lie rolling steppes that harbour moss, rock and little else. The local xenoforms, hunted for their shells, claws and horns, closely resemble the ancient crustaceans of Terra. One particular breed, the Napper, favours hiding from sight in holes dug from the ground, covered with camouflage or rocks, before snatching the unwary and the unfortunate. Large Napper shells are particularly favoured as trophies amongst the elite on Ensek.

Ehh, that'll do. Five is good for now. Anyone else want to make some more? :smile.:

Archived