Hm. That does seem familiar. :p

Neither Olis or I have given up on this project, and have a lot of plans for its future. That commission is just one of the steps we've set before ourselves before getting back into the Cluster in a big way.

But that'll have to do until then. Our efforts currently will be focused on the Iron Gauntlet.

I've seen this months ago and thought, everyone would've known about this and that it was somewhere posted in here. ^^

It's still a great work!

@Conn: Can you tell me, who did this and how much did that cost? (you can answer via pm as well) I' considering such an overview for my Dominion of Storms as well. :)

@Conn: Can you tell me, who did this and how much did that cost? (you can answer via pm as well) I' considering such an overview for my Dominion of Storms as well. :)

I couldn't say what Conn & Olis might've paid for it but the artist is Blazbaros on DeviantArt, I can provide a link to his account page but be he warned, some of his stuff borders on the NSFW side of things: http://blazbaros.deviantart.com/

NSFW?

What does that mean? Doesn't sound very good. :ohmy.:

*edit*

Oh that guy. I know some of his art, most notably his two chapters he created, including codices.

http://pre03.deviantart.net/9f67/th/pre/f/2017/120/3/4/chapters_of_the_liber_cluster_by_blazbaros-db7ns0m.png

Nice picture and a case of artistic licence.

But the artist used the Army Painter shots listed in the relevant Chapter posts, but didn't look too closely at the descriptions.

The Iron Ravagers face-plate is wrong:

As a symbol of their rejection of the physical identity of their birth, in favour of the engineered perfection that is fusion of humanity and machine, they undergo an elective augmetic alteration soon after their initial induction into the chapter. Unlike the artificial fists of the Iron Hands, it is their face that is replaced, with a smooth, featureless adamantium face-plate being grafted onto their skull. While it leaves their superior Astartes sensory faculties intact, these identical face-plates give the Ravagers a disturbingly identical appearance.

OLIS! CONN! 

YOU FILTHY BETRAYERS! HOW? HOW COULD YOU BOTH DO THIS?!  

http://pre03.deviantart.net/9f67/th/pre/f/2017/120/3/4/chapters_of_the_liber_cluster_by_blazbaros-db7ns0m.png

HOW COULD YOU BOTH COMMISSION THIS MASTERPIECE AND NOT TELL ME?!?!

:tongue.: 

(But seriously how did you not mention this?!)

Ahh nuts. We were holding fire for the new thread before showing that off. We liaised with Blaz on the commission, so some of the details were me and Conn making educated requests - I commissioned five and Conn commissioned five for this completed Liber Cluster sheet. The REDACTED example is one for you guys to figure out. ^_^

Ahh nuts. We were holding fire for the new thread before showing that off.

Oh. Whoops. :|

Meh, it was an open secret, really. There's not much me and Conn can do about the artist showing his work. It's not like we can do an NDA with him. ^_^

So, is there anything that really strikes your eye?

They are really cool.

Just contacted him if he could do some for my chapters as well. :biggrin.:

*edit*

Just received his answer and he got a lot to do at the moment. Hopefully it won't take that long. ^^

Would people look at me strangely if I already did a Primaris chapter?

Probably since the Primaris guys are much later in the timeline than the current events of the Liber Cluster - and Guilliman and Terra are on the other side of the galaxy aren't they?

Later in the timeline I wouldn't have a problem with a Primaris Chapter at all :) 

Probably since the Primaris guys are much later in the timeline than the current events of the Liber Cluster - and Guilliman and Terra are on the other side of the galaxy aren't they?

Later in the timeline I wouldn't have a problem with a Primaris Chapter at all :smile.:

I'm planning on modifying some Primaris guys into Artificer armor equivalents for the Angel's Exultant. The space should allow me plenty of freehand room for devotional murals on their armor, which seems like the kind of thing they would do.

Hmm... no. Probably not. Given the new raft of material and its implications on the lore in general, a newly arrived Primaris Chapter could be something of interest. They wouldn't have a huge operational time frame but, meh, details. ^_^

I'm planning on modifying some Primaris guys into Artificer armor equivalents for the Angel's Exultant. The space should allow me plenty of freehand room for devotional murals on their armor, which seems like the kind of thing they would do.

Now there's a thought. Would it be feasible to orchestrate a resurrection of the Angels Exultant as a loyalist Chapter?

Hmm... no. Probably not. Given the new raft of material and its implications on the lore in general, a newly arrived Primaris Chapter could be something of interest. They wouldn't have a huge operational time frame but, meh, details. :happy.:

Now there's a thought. Would it be feasible to orchestrate a resurrection of the Angels Exultant as a loyalist Chapter?

Well, I always imagined that while the majority of the Angels fell to Khorne on Arrax, some would have persisted, particularly any attached to the Aetheric Swords. Whether the Imperium let them continue to exist though was the concern. Unless refounded or absorbed by another marine group, most of their infrastructure would have been lost.

That being said, the nature of their fall never really involved embracing chaos across the board, so it seems reasonable that some if not most could be reclaimed as resources to fight in the Emperor's name, many probably never even changed their chants too much. That being said, I don't know how the imperium would feel about penal legionairre ex heretic death company types, particularly after warp taint starts to take hold. Something tells me the whole group would be written off and purged without some very careful obfuscation and politicking.

Part of the tragedy of them in my mind was that most would probably be redeemable, if the Imperium cared about or believed in redemption.

<Snip>

Part of the tragedy of them in my mind was that most would probably be redeemable, if the Imperium cared about or believed in redemption.

I've just realised, I wasn't as clear with my suggestion as I should have been - what if a contingent of primaris marines were sent to the Cluster to carry on the name of the Angels Exultant, even if they were extinct by the end of the 41st millennium?

New body of marines, old name, no clear connection to the Chapter of old besides the name, the heraldry and maybe the same homeworld. Does that sound amenable to you? Is it a rabbit hole worth exploring yet?

<Snip>

I've just realised, I wasn't as clear with my suggestion as I should have been - what if a contingent of primaris marines were sent to the Cluster to carry on the name of the Angels Exultant, even if they were extinct by the end of the 41st millennium?

New body of marines, old name, no clear connection to the Chapter of old besides the name, the heraldry and maybe the same homeworld. Does that sound amenable to you? Is it a rabbit hole worth exploring yet?

Seems like an odd thing for Imperial Authorities to do, to allocate some pf their shiney new Marines to carry on the name of a chapter that as far as most folks know, turned traitor... :unsure:

<Snip>

Seems like an odd thing for Imperial Authorities to do, to allocate some pf their shiney new Marines to carry on the name of a chapter that as far as most folks know, turned traitor... :unsure.:

Yeah, fair call. I suppose if it was known then that would be silly. Never mind. ^_^

It's not unknown for the Imperium to create Chapters bearing the names and liveries of past Chapters, and we don't honestly know what ever happened to the originals. Sure, maybe they died honorably, stoically, creating legendary last stands that lasted for centuries going on millennia within the human mythos, and stirred even the hearts of the High Lords. But we don't know. What more complete way can one completely erase a fallen Chapter than replacing it in its entirety? You who have fallen, you who have betrayed us, you don't just not exist. We didn't just erase you from human memory. No, even to this day, there will be those who stand and fight for the glory of the Emperor and his domain, in your name, wearing your colors.What more complete way is there to brand the traitor as failure?

And, maybe in this particular scenario the High Lords don't know either. Or whomever made this decision, as I'm convinced Foundings must of course involve an incredibly high level of delegated work. The Liber Cluster is very far away, and the fall of the Angels Exultant is likely only known by the Cluster's upper management and their former brothers, and even then the story is woefully incomplete. What little information regarding the Angels Exultant that might have made its way to the Imperium proper is likely only a few, disconnected pieces of the puzzle. Enough, perhaps, for the powers that be to include them within the Primaris reinforcement program.

Only, when these Angels Exultant arrive to the Cluster, they'll find no Chapter in need of their reinforcement. They'll find suspicious brothers-in-arms, a paranoid and wary administration, and the bare half-truth that they are the Angels Exultant Chapter, in its totality. Young, inexperienced, but filled with purpose and certainty of power, cast far from whatever sense of home they might have had, finding nothing but a void where they expected an anchor. Honestly, I like this idea! 

Please note that Olis and I have some interesting plans for the introduction of the Primaris in the Liber Cluster, and the over-all impact that 8th Edition and Gathering Storm lore may have over the Cluster. This is a collaborative project, so of course everyone can proceed as they like, this is just a slight word of forewarning: something big is in the works, and it will make waves. 

Also as a caveat, as far as assigned projects within the Liber is concerned, we will be primarily focused on building the history of the Cluster from its beginning to its . . . conclusion? Maybe!

You know... I like the cut of your jib (as often is the case). That scenario sounds like a great way to reintroduce a loyalist Angels Exultant element. It even opens the way for multiple conflicts of character amongst many in the Cluster, including any old Angels still kicking around. :thumbsup:

As you said, it'll be an extremely late-game introduction, but it would certainly add an interesting layer with which we can explore the Primaris concept in a more unusual  way.

What do you think, Teetengee?

Archived