That'd make a great story actually, the Lamenters returning to the Imperium only to find out they've been replaced by Primaris on the order of Lord Guilliman.

All of that sounds reasonable to me. Plus, it isn't like I am the final arbiter or anything. As far as I understood, collaborative creation was part of the goal of this project.

Additionally, it occurred to me that mercenary Angels might also be a thing. All you really need is a charismatic enough preacher and a place to hold them. The former probably isn't actually in short supply anywhere where 40k humans live.

The biggest concern with new Angels is the narrative why. What benefit do we get by having a new primaris chapter specifically be an Angels refounding? Additionally, what do we lose if they don't suffer the same curse?

Or perhaps more interesting, how can we relate the reckless modifications made in the original Angels geneseed to the more tempered modifications made in primaris marines? Is there a story to be made there?

• 3 weeks later...

http://pre03.deviantart.net/9f67/th/pre/f/2017/120/3/4/chapters_of_the_liber_cluster_by_blazbaros-db7ns0m.png

Sweet Throne of Terra, this is incredible! :jawdrop:

...But what is going on with that =][=REDACTED=][=, exactly....?

...Also, what needs doing on the ol' Cluster these days?

EDIT:

Dat POWER FALX tho :woot:

EDIT 2:

What is that thing next to the Aetheric Sword marine, though?

I can't identify it at all - I must be getting rusty in my old age.

I'm glad you like it. :happy.:

Well... in a very literal way... you must work that out for yourself. ^_^

Well, I'm working on the big ol' conclusion summary thing, so there's that. I just keep getting distracted is all.

And we need 'Collected Works' section for the beginning of the Cluster 2.0 thread. That's pretty much it (he says).

I'm glad you like it. :happy.:

Well... in a very literal way... you must work that out for yourself. ^_^

... Sons of =][=DELETED=][= in the Liber Cluster? :teehee: 

Well, I'm working on the big ol' conclusion summary thing, so there's that. I just keep getting distracted is all.

And we need 'Collected Works' section for the beginning of the Cluster 2.0 thread. That's pretty much it (he says).

What does this 'Collected Works' section entail?

I mean, I think I can guess, but just in case I'm wrong...:tongue.: 

What does this 'Collected Works' section entail?

I mean, I think I can guess, but just in case I'm wrong...:tongue.:

Basically, it's a collection of all the data we have. Very much akin to what's in post #2. It's a helluva a task.

Redactions are not handed out without just cause, brother. Best be careful where your curiosity leads you, lest you find yourself of a similar fate.

And yup, something that can start the new thread off with all the accumulated work from this thread provided in a more reader-friendly manner. :)

Redactions are not handed out without just cause, brother. Best be careful where your curiosity leads you, lest you find yourself of a similar fate.

Sons of =][=DELETED=][= Confirmed for the Liber Cluster!

Just checking I hadn't missed something, that's all. 

I mean, aside from all the canon stuff I've missed.

Wow, is there ever a lot more of that than I expected.:ermm: 

And yup, something that can start the new thread off with all the accumulated work from this thread provided in a more reader-friendly manner. :smile.:

Sounds like a plan.:happy.: 

I'd offer to help, but I'm feeling much more in the mood for crafting ideas than compiling them.:sweat: 

• 1 month later...

So, I believe we'd discussed one of the founding parts of the blackjaw kindred could be "Space Marine Ghurkas" at some stage? It looks like someone went and did just that with some Reivers:

If everyone is trying to argue as to why the skull helmet should go (not going to happen, they're already in production) because it looks dumb, this guy made them look pretty good:

ov5ut4o1h1az.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So after much study, I've realised the thing floating next to the Aetheric Sword marine in that fancy artwork Conn and Olis had commissioned is a big old grimdark speaker set, and is not actually attached to the marine.

Which is a nice touch to have in the background because regardless of how many Aetheric Swords die in battle, the Undying Choir sings on.

Suffice to say, I approve the :censored: out of this. :biggrin.:

Also I'm wondering how things are going with regards to collating everything, but that's only because I'm itching to write MOAR about the Cluster. :laugh.:

So after much study, I've realised the thing floating next to the Aetheric Sword marine in that fancy artwork Conn and Olis had commissioned is a big old grimdark speaker set, and is not actually attached to the marine.

Which is a nice touch to have in the background because regardless of how many Aetheric Swords die in battle, the Undying Choir sings on.

Suffice to say, I approve the :censored: out of this. :biggrin.:

Also I'm wondering how things are going with regards to collating everything, but that's only because I'm itching to write MOAR about the Cluster. :laugh.:

Damn it, I meant to tell you what that doohickey was. Whoops. :confused:

Anyway, yeah. It's a vox-broadcaster. I figured a representation of the Choir was needed somehow, some kind of way of showing that the picture captures this part of them. While talking with Conn, I was keen not to accidentally make him look like a noise marine. ^_^

As for the collation of all the information so far, it's on hiatus mainly due to official Mod/Liber business and RL (I'm still in the middle of doing the EWC Conclusion, really). If you fancy drawing up a broad framework for making a Liber Cluster Tabula, PM me and I can force myself to pitch in somehow. ;) 

Oh heck Ace, sorry. I remember you asking about that, and I guess none of us actually answered it.

As for progress, I can't speak for Olis but mine has not progressed at all. There's something else I'm bringing back to the Liber that doesn't demand that heavy an involvement by everyone, to tackle 8th edition's lore advancement and the B&C's acceptance of Xenos. Neither me or Thorn (it's a dual effort) are all that fast-moving right now, but we're nearing the point where it'll be posted.

Once that's done with, and presumably once Olis is done with the Gauntlet, this will be back at the top of priorities. That said, help would be appreciated.

I realize Olis already posted a response as I was typing this, much to the surprise of nobody. :rolleyes: :tongue.:

Damn it, I meant to tell you what that doohickey was. Whoops. :confused:

Anyway, yeah. It's a vox-broadcaster. I figured a representation of the Choir was needed somehow, some kind of way of showing that the picture captures this part of them. While talking with Conn, I was keen not to accidentally make him look like a noise marine. :happy.:

Sweet Throne of Terra, imagine the CHOIR GUNS

No, wait, that's the path of heresy, let's not go down that road.

No matter how ridiculously awesome the mental image is.

As for the collation of all the information so far, it's on hiatus mainly due to official Mod/Liber business and RL (I'm still in the middle of doing the EWC Conclusion, really). If you fancy drawing up a broad framework for making a Liber Cluster Tabula, PM me and I can force myself to pitch in somehow. :wink:

No worries - I figured there were other duties and obligations in play, I'm just making sure the Cluster doesn't fall off everyone's radar forever.

Also replying just to say "I solved the mystery!" after six weeks of intense detective work would have just made me look awfully slow. :laugh.:

Regarding frameworks and the like, I've got a busy week ahead of me, but if I find myself with spare time I'll see what I can do!

Oh heck Ace, sorry. I remember you asking about that, and I guess none of us actually answered it.

It's fine, after all I got to break out my rarely called-upon, inquisition-tier detective skills! :tongue.:

As for progress, I can't speak for Olis but mine has not progressed at all. There's something else I'm bringing back to the Liber that doesn't demand that heavy an involvement by everyone, to tackle 8th edition's lore advancement and the B&C's acceptance of Xenos. Neither me or Thorn (it's a dual effort) are all that fast-moving right now, but we're nearing the point where it'll be posted.

Intriguing! I'll refrain from prying further, no point ruining the surprise.

Once that's done with, and presumably once Olis is done with the Gauntlet, this will be back at the top of priorities. That said, help would be appreciated.

I realize Olis already posted a response as I was typing this, much to the surprise of nobody. :rolleyes: :tongue.:

If I get chance I'll pitch in as best I can on this whole compiling and organising business. :happy.:

And two responses beats none any day of the week!

Sweet Throne of Terra, imagine the CHOIR GUNS

No, wait, that's the path of heresy, let's not go down that road.

No matter how ridiculously awesome the mental image is.

Aetheric Swords Noise Marines? Yes Please! :D

Then again, perhaps not, the Sisters might get miffed with you stealing their hymns and Laud Hailers. :p

Oh, I don't know. Imagine a force of Space Marine slamming into the enemy, their chorus thundering out 150+ decibels.

The sheer sound itself would hit them like a wall, wrecking their cohesion before the first shot is fired.

Oh, I don't know. Imagine a force of Space Marine slamming into the enemy, their chorus thundering out 150+ decibels.

The sheer sound itself would hit them like a wall, wrecking their cohesion before the first shot is fired.

Yes, give in to the excess....

Fortunately I can't hear any of this heresy, I've got the chorus from "The Emperor Shall Vanquish the Unrighteous" on a little too loud over here. :tongue.:

It's funny really, I've never liked Noise Marines as a concept, I've always felt they were a bit silly.

But then when you change the concept from "Let's play guitar really loudly and obnoxiously" to "Fire the thousands-strong-Gregorian-Choir-Cannon" it sounds rather more palatable! :laugh.:

But this is a matter for Thread 2.0, I think.

• 2 months later...

Check out a Liber Cluster Index Xenos article! Nice to see the Karrneshla getting some love again now that the B&C is fully open to xenos.

appreciate you linking it to the thread Conn!

i am also enjoying do a little catch up on the liber here

Archived