I tried to think of a world that could be a basis for future stuff. I think everything is plausible.

The Vill

"Let me see his light and rest within his embrace" - Dying request of the canonized General-Militant Tulrem Tugan

Location- Englica Subsector. Beltre System

Population-  ~ 50 billion

Class- Cardinal World

Tither Grade- Exactis Extremis

The Vill was discovered in 903.M36 by the rogue trader Ruchid Bor Parvel. A man struggling with his faith he saw the empty space station as a sign from the divine. The ability to craft such a structure would require a species to be unquestioned masters of technology and engineering. To find such a wonder empty was, to Ruchid, confirmation of mankind's place as the divine inheritors of the universe. So moved was the rogue trader by the discovery that in a meeting with the cardinals of Englica Subsector he burned his Warrant of Trade and declared himself a servant of the church. Upon being named first governor of the station Ruchid led a settlement fleet funded by the Ecclesiarchy.

[basicheaderhalf=]Description

The Vill is a space station of staggering scale. The center of the structure is a dome from which extend eight clawed arms. Extending for thousands of kilometers the combined living space on The Vill can support a population equal to all but the largest hive-worlds. The dome and arm-surfaces are dominated by massive church structures, noble estates and the headquarters of powerful trade consortiums.

With a population well into the billions the Due of Terra weighs heavy upon the faithfull people of The Vill. This tithe is payed almost exclusively in flesh. Every standard year The Vill raises twenty million fighting men and women to serve in the Emperor's Imperial Guard. Since the first boots marched Villden soldiers have claimed honors in all regions of the Liber Cluster and on one occasion even the Milkyway itself.

Villden Marchers are a welcomed sight to many commanders. Hearing from birth the words of Emperor's preachers faith drives Villdens gladly into even the most dangerous of warzones. Commanders born from The Vill have a less stelar reputation. They are known for excessive brutality towards their own troops and mandated executions for seemingly minor failures are not unheard of.

[basicheaderhalf=]Timeline of Notable Events

043.M37 The Vill comes under full scale invasion for the first time since Imperial assimilation. Great lights erupt from the surface of the arms annihilating the invading fleet. Official reports declared this to be a sign of assurance and Ecclisiarch representatives increased their commitment to the world. Detractors who claimed these lights to be xenos weaponry were executed. Subsequent attacks did not see a recurrence leading to far greater losses of life.

111.M37 For reasons unknown and unsought the Vill-born Lord Commander Akamani Esh leads 30 Imperial planets in rebellion against the Emperor's realm. The crusade to reclaim these planets lasts twenty years and involves two chapters of the Adeptus Astartes.

612.M38  Dubbed the Crusade of Cleansing Remembrance, a fleet of four hundred million Villden Marchers is sent to the galaxy proper to "fight under the illumination of God". The fleet returns 93 years later and, while only fifty years have passed for those sent, less than two percent return alive.

On The yellow line in the upper right corner, it says 

Travel route to Segmentum Tempestus 

----------------------------------------------

Direction of Holy Terra & the light of the Astronomicon 

Thanks. ;)

Perhaps the first part could be "Warp route to Segmentum Tempestus" and the second might be "Pilgrimage Route to Holy Terra"? Just an idea. 

I've got my personal Chapter I've had on a back burner for a long-john time. I really haven't placed them anywhere in the galaxy, but is it okay if I run stuff by you guys first?

Also, I saw some serious developments with the new Blood Angels codex.

I think the person to ask about introducing a new Chapter would be Conn. For a long while now we have generally stuck to keeping the number of active (at least to begin with) loyalist chapters within a certain number. If you strongly feel like this is the project for you and that your own Chapter may very well add to the history and setting, then making an appeal to him is the way to go. Just be prepared for him to err on the side of the established 'guidelines' and decline. Maybe you'll be accepted, maybe not - it might be under condition or on a limited basis such as a part of your Chapter could 'visit' or be 'seconded'. I don't know. I can only guess and I won't sugar-coat your chances. :)

Of course, should your Chapter be declined, we still welcome all sorts of new content. There's all manner of Imperial institutions that still need fleshing out and we won't decline the likes of traitors, renegades and outcasts. There is much to add, as you can see.

At work right now, so I can't take the time to have a discussion on this. But I wanted to ask, are you just asking in general? I wasn't sure if you wanted your Chapter to join this particular project, or if you just have a Chapter idea, and wanted our feedback on it? the wording made me wonder if you meant the latter. If it is the latter, feel free to create a thread about it. I'll keep an eye out for it and lend what thoughts I have.

If it is the former, the discussion will have to wait.

At work right now, so I can't take the time to have a discussion on this. But I wanted to ask, are you just asking in general? I wasn't sure if you wanted your Chapter to join this particular project, or if you just have a Chapter idea, and wanted our feedback on it? the wording made me wonder if you meant the latter. If it is the latter, feel free to create a thread about it. I'll keep an eye out for it and lend what thoughts I have.

If it is the former, the discussion will have to wait.

The former indeed. My request was premature to begin with, but I am much closer to developing more fluff for my Chapter. I appreciate the feedback!

Az

For the past couple weeks, I've been in rather poor health (kinda got hit by a one-two punch of two separate complications), and I'm kind of a big baby when I'm not feeling well. The Cluster has been unintentionally set aside while I use what time when I can actually get the gumption to do stuff on time-sensitive or Liber Day-related activities.

So, not forgotten, just going to be very, very late. :sweat:

EDIT: It looks like one of the Liber Cluster's own has been challenged! On this melta do I swear, before the deadline on the 15th of May, it will be met in full!

One thing I've learned about my brother Liberites in this thread is that when they have a mind to produce, they can produce a whole heck of a lot. And since it's something I can latch onto to get back involved, let's do this right.

Anyone who wants to help meet Brother Belial's challenge, stand and be recognized! There will be an additional set of assignments for this endeavor, which will make the Blades of the Lion the first of the Liber Cluster's Chapters to be finalized in full. There are other assignments in progress, so if you'd rather work on the other aspects of the Cluster, that's perfectly fine.

If you need a break from the EWC or the map-crafting, raise your hand for the Blades.

Awesome! So do they just need a full on IA bashing up then? I was tempted to paint some of them at the weekend actually but not sure if that is part of the challenge :P

Awesome! So do they just need a full on IA bashing up then? I was tempted to paint some of them at the weekend actually but not sure if that is part of the challenge :tongue.:

Painted Mini's are always accepted. They can easily take the place of the SM Painter. The competition thread has the IA Template to be used. 

Anyone who wants to help meet Brother Belial's challenge, stand and be recognized!

A challenge?

For the honour of the Liber? :blink.:

Well, naturally, I'm stepping up and getting in on the ground floor for this one. :happy.:

Just tell me which parts I should write up and I'll throw myself at it with the sort of zeal that would make a Black Templar envious! :biggrin.:

Heck, you guys know by now I'll write the whole darn thing up if I'm asked to. Just say the word!

EDIT:

In fact, let me start with some possible Scout / Terminator colours:

Scouts: First one is sticking fairly closely to the original scheme, to show a sense of unity within the Chapter:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sct.php?b62c=@hCmX3_iaj2F.iakk7hozqSi81Yf___@@@@__@_@_..@__@@@@__@_@_@@@@@@__@&grid=TRUEhttp://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sct.php?b62c=@hCmX3_iaj2F.iakk7hozqSi81Yf@__@@@@@@@@@_..@@@@@@@@@@_@@@@@@@@@@@&grid=TRUE

Second one is mostly grey - perhaps with this colour the Scouts have to earn the right to wear the Chapter's true, proud livery.

Terminators: Since the standard Blades of the Lion are bone-hued, I thought maybe DA green would be a good colour for their Terminators, with the helmet and shoulders denoting the Chapter's original colours. Kind of a mirror of the Dark Angels and their Deathwing:

tsm.php?hdt=848285&hdm=848285&hdl=848285tsm.php?hdt=FFECC1&hdm=FFECC1&hdl=FFECC1

The second one is closer to the Chapter's normal colours, but with some DA Green to denote Deathwing status and as a nice nod to their ancestral Legion.

Any of these any good?

If not I can try again or just leave the colours to Reyner, it's all good. :happy.:

I really like option 2 for the scouts - the idea of them needing to earn the right to display the colours (and possibly even the Chapter icon too) was floating around in my head a while back. As for the Terminators I was tempted to keep them in the stock colour scheme - I know the Dark Angels have theirs pure bone but what do other Successors do? Think I have seen a few that just keep their regular scheme. 

How do we want to write this then? Each add in a section at a time or if someone wants to go nuts and do the whole thing? I only thought of the basic plot for these and their colour scheme so it would be great to see them grow and get fully fleshed out! (My only wish is for any opportunity to put a Tywin Lannister twist on these guys as I was reading Game of Thrones when I thought of these guys. The Lannisters hate each other, mostly, but when it comes to it they will defend their family and I see the Blades acting like this - certain Captains will downright despise each other but when it comes to it they are still a family/brotherhood. Lots of politics!)

If I might offer a small contribution to this endeavour to defend our brother Reyner's (and indeed, the Liber itself) honour, I would like to suggest a battle cry for the Blades of the Lion.

I imagine it as a call-and-respond sort of cry, with a squad leader or other officer beginning the cry and his men finishing it:

Leader: "Unsheath the Blades!"

Marines: "And let the Lions roar!"

Just my two pence, feel free to modify or ignore this as you like.

How do we want to write this then? Each add in a section at a time or if someone wants to go nuts and do the whole thing? I only thought of the basic plot for these and their colour scheme so it would be great to see them grow and get fully fleshed out! (My only wish is for any opportunity to put a Tywin Lannister twist on these guys as I was reading Game of Thrones when I thought of these guys. The Lannisters hate each other, mostly, but when it comes to it they will defend their family and I see the Blades acting like this - certain Captains will downright despise each other but when it comes to it they are still a family/brotherhood. Lots of politics!)

I'd like to see Blades divvied up, let it be a community project. But I'll want to hear if enough people are even interested to take part.

I can certainly see that kind of belief system grow in a Dark Angels successor. They're already prone to distrust those around them. All it takes is one little incident for them to begin to distrust their own brothers. And once an incident has occurred, that increased scope of distrust will become tradition. It will become expected.

Nice one :) I like that.

Glad to hear it Reyner, I was struck with inspiration by your comment about the Lannisters as it reminded me of their family motto "Hear me Roar!" :)

I'm up for doing a couple of sections of the IA - maybe not the beliefs bit as that would be better suited for someone with more flair :tongue.:

Well, they're your sons Reyner, what do you think the Blades believe in? :happy.: We can't write about something if we don't know what it is, if we get a rough idea of their mindset some of us might have a burst of creativity.

I'd like to see Blades divvied up, let it be a community project. But I'll want to hear if enough people are even interested to take part.

In that case I'll volunteer to write whatever bit(s) everyone else doesn't write up. :laugh.:

A quick question though, just to get some thoughts flowing:

Do the Blades of the Lion have a typical DA-style  TDA-only-First-Company and all-bikes-Second-Company?

Or do they have less than the usual number of TDA/bikes, meaning they have to make up the shortfall with good ol' fashioned Sternguard and Vanguard units?

Here is my small contribution to the IA; it might be useful as one of those inserts.

The Heavenfall Blades:
Each of the chapters descended from the Dark Angels are said to have a small portion of the obsidian meteor which was used to forge the Heavenfall Blades so that they too might share through steel the legacy of their founders. Many legends surround Harbinger, a sword wielded by high ranking members of the Blades of the Lion, but at the very least, we know that it is one of these such weapons.

Harbinger is a finely wrought power sword with a large red gem in the center of its crossguard. In addition, built into its hilt is a locator beacon. It is said that the sword often begins to hum and the red gem glows when danger is present, but whether this is just the result of the prudent wielder activating its internal beacon or some gift from the Emperor himself the Blades have never commented on.

Archived