THE JUDGEMENT OF EWIN PRIME

Our brother Chapters seek to hold ground and claim worlds for the Emperor, but our duty is of a purer sort. Our victories and defeats are weighed in the hearts and minds of men.

-The Book of the Law, author unknown

Death came twice to the bastion capital of the ibn-Khroda. The first time it came with the thunder of a million guns and stomping of a billion boots. This death, a death of cold iron and brute force, was tricked, trapped, turned back by crafty hunters who bled the lumbering Imperial behemoth until it fell. The second time, Death came as silent as a shadow and as cunning as a thief in the night.

It began in the darkness, with crude atomics hurled at Ewin's night side- not aimed at the factories and hive fortresses the initial assault had prioritized, but at the land itself. The bombardment hurled ash and dust into the sky, shrouding the Lions den in a burning, choking twilight and strangling communications.

Patrol corvettes and frigates ripped through the night above...but this time, Death was a hunter even more crafty than they were. No enemy vessels powered up to face the fleet in the darkness above the world...and those in the darkness below soon discovered nuclear fire was the least of the horrors that had fallen upon their planet.

I never asked for this. The Guard would have executed...they said I deserved...I deserved that. Not this. No one deserves this.- excerpt from interrogation of prisoner JH456, allegedly one of the "Grizzly" enforcer champions

The attacks began almost immediately. Lone sentries and isolated patrols were butchered. Detachments were overrun and slaughtered. The survivors raved of packs of pale, feral things the size of children, draped in ragged black cloaks and bearing makeshift scrap blades. They spoke of black gods herding their ghoulish charges. Of devils who left no corpses no matter how much las fire or artillery was poured on them. Not the Kodiaks, the Mastodons, or even the elite Hyenas could come to grips with this threat, which seemed to strike and slaughter almost at random, and took as much glee in carving apart the underhive tribals who were press ganged into Ewin's factories as they did hunting packs of Cheetahs and Jaguars. Even the Pride were stymied, their usual methods of out maneuvering a foe falling short against an enemy that never took a fixed position, never sought to face them in open battle.

Whispers spread, among the downtrodden populace and the Coyote auxiliaries alike. This was no purposeless rampage. This was punishment. Retribution, for their sins.

The Lions immediately moved to stamp out these mutterings, cracking down on those who spread them with an iron hand...and then the executioners who enforced the edict were themselves slain, the messages cut into their skin and their bodies hung high for all to see.

Repent. Atone. Turn from your wicked ways or share this fate

Within months of the initial atomic bombardment, the riots had begun. Men, women, and children flung themselves to certain death under the guns and blades of the Lions rather than face the horrors that prowled among them unseen.

Disorder became all out civil war as the mercenaries and gangers conscripted into the Lions ranks threw in with the mad, tattooing the sins into they had committed on their chests and faces and screaming for forgiveness as they turned on their trainers.

When the Lords Inviolate finally returned at the head of a task force, Ewin had become a hell world to match any within the Eye Terror itself. The Lions fleet in system bombarded their own planet almost daily to keep the deranged inhabitants from overrunning their remaining planetary outposts, while the rebels turned on one another, punishing the sins of one another as harshly as they did the those of the Lions.

Imperial tacticians estimated the uprising on Ewin Prime caused more damage and loss of life than the Seikiri conquest and the initial Imperial assault combined, and rendered any hope of discovering the fate of the Sons of Calderon and the others who had remained behind pathetic comedy.

Preliminary run-down prior to the deadline, we have made good progress, people. Good job. :thumbsup:

Here's how it stands, with a little under four hours to go (although I will allow for time differences if necessary):

Six remaining missions:

1. Captain Nameless, taking the Sereiki Lions to Andalus (present and accounted for) *Part One posted. At least one more part is expected.

2. Sanguine_Knight, taking the Black Falcons to Thravis Prime (not present or accounted for)

3. Tiberius Cato and SanguiniusReborn, taking the Eagles of Glory and Scarlet Sentinels to Baluarte (present, accounted for, and probably working on their 25th page of content)

4. Aegnor and Teetengee, taking the Iron Ravagers and Angels Exultant to Cenicika (Teetengee is present and accounted for)

5. Conn EremonWade Garrett and TDF, taking the Lords Inviolate, Black Judges and half of the Heralds of Letum to Evin Prime (Wade Garrett is present and accounted for)

6. Astus, keeping the remaining half of the Heralds of Letum at Venet (present and accounted for)

So it looks like Astus and Sanguine_Knight may miss the deadline, unfortunately. With that said, four of the six overdue tasks are (mostly) done. If I've missed anything, let me know. 

Double-post-tastic. 

So, one week after the deadline and there has been no further submissions. Consider the tasks finished or closed. We have the opportunity to move on to the third wave, now that the first wave and second wave of the crusade are dealt with. At some point, I will have to search through the thread and see if any details of the third wave have been touched on yet.

Things have been a bit quiet so I shall issue a challenge for any who wish to partake. Warp Storm Id'Ilmar is, on the map, a fairly sizable object located in a sector with several important imperial worlds but  so far it is a blank slate. If you wish to venture into the abyss make something for this warp storm be it daemon world , warband , Imperial organization.

Here's the original post.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/292767-the-liber-cluster/?p=3728954

Added the Homeworld IA section to the Scarlet Sentinels info page, comments & criticisms anyone? :)

so much for me having time to contribute more. sorry fellas, there is always something with real life that ****s over my projects here

Hey man don't beat yourself up about it, it happens. Besides, I'm sure Olis will be able to provide some means of redeeming yourself in the near future.

Things have been a bit quiet so I shall issue a challenge for any who wish to partake. Warp Storm Id'Ilmar is, on the map, a fairly sizable object located in a sector with several important imperial worlds but  so far it is a blank slate. If you wish to venture into the abyss make something for this warp storm be it daemon world , warband , Imperial organization.

Here's the original post.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/292767-the-liber-cluster/?p=3728954

Oh ho, good challenge, brother. For now, brothers, here is your new focus. Warp Storm Id'Ilmar and things associated with it. ^_^

so much for me having time to contribute more. sorry fellas, there is always something with real life that ****s over my projects here

Hey man don't beat yourself up about it, it happens. Besides, I'm sure Olis will be able to provide some means of redeeming yourself in the near future.

I totally will. Totally. No problem. :ph34r.: 

Like SanguiniusReborn said, don't work yourself up over it. Chalk it up, wipe the board and go for something else. No judgements will be made here if someone doesn't complete something - this isn't a competition or a job. Come, step up to the plate brother. Take another swing. :)

Added the Homeworld IA section to the Scarlet Sentinels info page, comments & criticisms anyone? :smile.:

Looks good to me. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...
Hidden Recipients: 0XWch99, AlNullBrsd, AresCrowned, ...
RE: Charybdis Incident

Greetings,

I am sending this along older style newsnet chat to avoid any system that is being watched. It is being sent to many different users hidden from each other in order to not tie you to each other in the event of a traitor.

I have been investigating the Charybdis Incident and have discovered a foul cancer has been eating away at my younger brothers. When the all recent members of the 6th company third scout squad were attached to the Saneslau explorator mission Delve4 into Charbydis, I was worried that their inexperience might be dangerous and offered to accompany them. However, I was rebuffed. Fearing some strange purpose I sent some chapter serfs I knew could be trusted onto the ship with them. Their reports were disturbing enough that I felt it necessary to request leave to undergo an internal investigation from my Captain. Explaining to him the reasons, he agreed such a mission would be wise.

What I saw was worse than even the reports. Not only were the new bloods being used to collect xenos technology, but they were actively participating in testing it under Saneslau supervision. I have enclosed vidfeed samples where possible. I do not yet know how far this disease of xenoheresy has spread through the ranks of both the Saneslau and my own chapter, but I will be bringing it to the attention of all parties in power in order to excise it root and stem. I believe it to be a minor failing due to confused teachings involving the rites of passage and the extent to which understanding of the enemy without is necessary for their destruction in my own brothers.However, this is likely to be blamed upon the heavy reliance we have had on the Saneslau in the recent centuries. Their twisted methodology is not to be trusted.

If you are receiving this message, it means I have been unable to return to stop the send out after my meeting with the Chapter Elders for at least a fortnight. I pray that it is merely because I have been waylaid my unfortunate circumstances and not sinister intent, however, if you recieve this you must reevaluate any trust you have for the Saneslau.

Brother Fidelus
1st Company
Black Falcons
---
"Marius, add this to the Watch Captain's tasks pile."
---
"Inquisitor Brosdau, I have something you may find interesting."
---
"---CompilingMessage:MarsAtLast---------------------"

Seemed a little quiet in here, how about some potential widespread xenoheresy charges to shake things up a bit. (alternatively, should we start to head into the Vandire nonesense more fully) 

Seemed a little quiet in here, how about some potential widespread xenoheresy charges to shake things up a bit. (alternatively, should we start to head into the Vandire nonesense more fully) 

Unfortunately, it seems wider events (ETL IV) have dominated the attention of many, including myself. Along with dealing with the Liber Challenges and a commission of a Chapter's origin story for a member of B&C, I have let the Liber Cluster fall by the wayside. 

I still need to pursue and post up the details of the third (and final) wave of the EWC, before we move on to the next two events in the pipeline (dealing with Vandire's influences and aftermath, and the 'treasure hunt' involving the Untaken).

Also, do the The Aleph-Null Directorate have anything to do with the Aleph Null or alpha legion as they are known more commonly?

It was not intended that way and currently does not have that connection, no. Barring some inventive narrative, it will likely remain that way, as the overall feeling here is that we don't want any Alpha Legion shenanigans - it'll derail things too much, in all likelihood.

Unfortunately, it seems wider events (ETL IV) have dominated the attention of many, including myself. Along with dealing with the Liber Challenges and a commission of a Chapter's origin story for a member of B&C, I have let the Liber Cluster fall by the wayside. 

I still need to pursue and post up the details of the third (and final) wave of the EWC, before we move on to the next two events in the pipeline (dealing with Vandire's influences and aftermath, and the 'treasure hunt' involving the Untaken).

Also, do the The Aleph-Null Directorate have anything to do with the Aleph Null or alpha legion as they are known more commonly?

It was not intended that way and currently does not have that connection, no. Barring some inventive narrative, it will likely remain that way, as the overall feeling here is that we don't want any Alpha Legion shenanigans - it'll derail things too much, in all likelihood.

Yeah, I have lots of time where I can't be painting but I still have forum access, so that is when I tend to focus on the Liber. What does the final wave of the EWC entail, and is there anything I can do to help with it?

Yeah, I have lots of time where I can't be painting but I still have forum access, so that is when I tend to focus on the Liber. What does the final wave of the EWC entail, and is there anything I can do to help with it?

Let's see:

Okay, so we have the eighteen worlds being taken by Imperial forces. Of those, thirteen are named. Here's the status of things as far as I can make out:

Baluarte - CONQUERED

Cenicika - CONQUERED

Durtuvar - CONQUERED

Evin Prime - CONQUERED

Heroda IV - CONQUERED

Lelith Secundus - CONQUERED

Nimobia - CONQUERED

Sranav - CONQUERED

Thravis Prime - CONTESTED

Tonagish - CONQUERED

Venet - CONQUERED (further exposition by Astus is not required but would be nice)

Zavatista - CONQUERED (a secondary campaign here to retake the world would be nice but it's not strictly necessary)

Zyngeith - CONQUERED

We still have five worlds that remain unnamed so far so that is something we can do. So, along with the one world that is contested we effectively still have six worlds to deal with.

Other worlds involved are as follows:

Andalus - CONTESTED

Barek Zayim - UNCONTESTED - UNDER LION CONTROL

Bearing this in mind, we still have an unresolved issue concerning Wade and the potential peace negotiations. I will consider this a priority as if we pursue this route, then a full on final wave might not be needed and we can finally be done the EWC, thank the Emperor. :sweat:

I believe it was a discussion made as an alternative to the last phase of the Crusade. I'm sure Wade has ideas and comments to bring forth.

It was the final step of the 2nd Phase, the 2nd attack on Evin Prime, I believe. But it was not set in stone as actually happening yet.

Now, I'll have to double check in a little bit when I am on my computer, but not all worlds part of the EWC are part of the Lion-held eighteen worlds. I believe there are more worlds as yet unnamed.

That said, not all need to be named or expanded upon, in keeping with the usual practice of GW et al in leaving empty spaces.

As for things to do, we are fast approaching the deadline for the Brotherhood of the Angels. Olis is free to decide where the focus need lie, but I wanted to remind everyone of the Blades of the Lion oath I swore us all to.

I will freely alter the status of matters, if needs be - whether more worlds need to be mentioned or world statuses need to be changed. If Conn wants to do this himself in a post of his own that's fair enough but the offer is there.  :)

Andalus and Barek Zayim are both Imperial worlds utilized in the EWC and/or targeted by the Lions in preemptive/counter attacks. Part of the EWC, but not part of the EW.

Everything else is fine, I just wanted to note this distinction. :)

Where is the blades of the lion challenge thread we have been oathed to? nvm, it is this one isn't it...

It is. Here is the WIP...

BLADES OF THE LION (Work In Progress)

http://i.imgur.com/rwszq0A.jpg

Summary:

GENE-SEED (PREDECESSOR) – Dark Angels

FOUNDING -

CHAPTER MASTER -

CHAPTER WORLD – NONE (Fleet Based)

FORTRESS MONASTERY -

MAIN COLOURS – Gray and Bone

SPECIALITY -

BATTLE CRY – “Unsheath the Blades!” Response – “And Let the Lions Roar!”

CURRENT STRENGTH -

KNOWN DESCENDANTS -

ORIGINS:

The Blades of the Lion are a crusading, fleet based Chapter currently located in the Liber Cluster. The Blades are Dark Angels successors from an ancient founding who prefer to fight alone which has almost doomed them several times since they were created, they are prideful and will never ask for assistance even if they know they are doomed. Without a homeworld the Blades roam the Cluster in their Strike Cruisers attacking pirate and xenos strongholds wherever they find them, either dropping from the skies in drop pods or tearing through enemy ships in brutal boarding actions. Their leaders are master tacticians and take pride in surrounding the enemy and seeing utterly annihilated. The Chapter has a history of battling Orks in the Liber Cluster, matching the prowess of their bike mounted warriors against the Ork mechanized hordes but it is against Traitor Space Marines that the Blades fight the fiercest. The Blades are able to fully test their mettle when fighting foes comparable to themselves and relish believing themselves to be utterly superior to anything that isn’t a Space Marine.

To outsiders, the Blades of the Lion appear to strike at random then disappear into the void afterwards but in reality they are being guided by their Librarians who believe they are receiving visions from their Primarch in pursuit of the “Great Hunt”. Their Chaplains work alongside the Librarians in deciphering the visions and interrogating prisoners to find their next target. It is unfortunate if any of these visions strike during a battle as the Blades may suddenly redeploy before their quarry escapes – this makes the Blades a sometimes-unreliable asset in a large campaign but if they have the numbers they will endeavor to leave some marines behind so their allies are not overwhelmed.

The Blades will recruit from wherever they can, the Cluster is large enough for them to have plenty of recruiting worlds to choose from but they do not lay claim to any specifically. Once an initiate is taken in they are mind wiped and they will only know the Chapter. The “Great Hunt” is known by all of the Blades but only the high ranking marines know exactly what the Hunt is actually trying to achieve, the commanders know that the targets they hunt are the forever cursed Fallen. The rest of the Blades believe they are hunting traitors to the Emperor and are not aware that their targets were once or are still Dark Angel Legionnaires.

The Blades of the Lion are not trusted by most of the Liberite Chapters due to their isolationist attitude and tendencies to withdraw from combat without a word. The Blades rarely attend a Liberite Conclave but when they do their words are seldom ignored when planning assaults yet they will never offer themselves to be the lynchpin of a campaign, the risk of duty to the Imperium and the secret shame of the Great Hunt could spell disaster.

CHAPTER HOME WORLD:

The Blades of the Lion are a crusading, fleet based Chapter currently located in the Liber Cluster.

PRESENT ACTIVITIES:

The Blades of the Lion are Currently active in the Liber Cluster in pursuit of the “Great Hunt.” The Blades rarely attend a Liberite Conclave but when they do their words are seldom ignored when planning assaults yet they will never offer themselves to be the lynchpin of a campaign, the risk of duty to the Imperium and the secret shame of the Great Hunt could spell disaster.

BATTLE HONORS:

CHAPTER ORGANIZATION:

▪ Less TDA than expected in a Dark Angels Chapter, the Blades do not have enough suits to outfit the entire first company, maximum would be about 3 squads worth.

▪ The Blades maintain a large number of bikes and their 2nd Company follows a similar organization to the Dark Angels Ravenwing. Blades love bikes.

▪ Librarians are very respected - they provide the visions for the Great Hunt (Blades name for hunting Fallen).

▪ Chapter Master wields the Harbinger Heavenfall blade (nice one Teetengee).

The Blades of the Lion are, in many ways, built on honour and tradition. In few places is this more evident than within the Chapter's organisational structure. Like most Dark Angel successors, the Blades are broadly compliant with the layout advised by the Codex Astartes - ten companies, each a hundred Space Marines strong. It is only on a closer examination that the differences within that organisation become apparent.

Scouts, for example, are not permitted to bear the Chapter's full heraldry; they are instead given plain grey armour with bone pauldrons - enough colour to serve as an identifier of allegiance to the Chapter, but still visually distinct from true Battle-brothers of the Chapter.

Librarians are held in high regard within the Chapter. Their master of the Librarium is sometimes referred to as the Lion's Eye, for it is his counsel that guides the Blades in the Great Hunt. The Lion's Eye is given a very high level of respect, and in terms of authority is considered to rank only just below a Company Captain.

Amongst the rest of the Chapter, the First Company is informally known as the "Kingslayers", for their first campaign in the Liber Cluster saw them destroy a traitor marine known as 'Parsiel, King of Exiles' and his armies. As with the Dark Angels and many of their kin, the First Company is the exclusive home of the Chapter's Tactical Dreadnought Armour. Unlike other scions of Jonson, however, the sheer remoteness of the Liber Cluster from the rest of the Imperium means the Blades of the Lion only have enough functional suits to field three full squads of Terminators. The rest of the "Kingslayer" Company are made up of veteran marines, much like any other Codex Chapter.

The Second Company is almost entirely given over to the use of bikes and landspeeders, and is treated with very much the same respect and deference that the First Company is given. The Second Company is the Chapter's most formidable weapon in the Great Hunt - most frequently deployed as demi-companies alongside other Blades forces, they excel in pursuing and ensnaring fleeing enemies, forcing them to face destruction or capture.

The Blades of the Lion also field three conventional Battle Companies and four codex-approved Reserve Companies, each steeped in proud traditions. In true Dark Angel fashion, only the upper echelons of each Company are aware of the true nature of the Great Hunt, with the truth concealed by layer upon layer of secrecy and careful misdirection.

FLEET ASSETS:

Strike Cruisers

RECRUITMENT:

The Blades will recruit from wherever they can, the Cluster is large enough for them to have plenty of recruiting worlds to choose from but they do not lay claim to any specifically. Once an initiate is taken in they are mind wiped and they will only know the Chapter.

CHAPTER COLORS:

http://thumb101.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/60734/165106433/stock-photo-lion-s-head-blazon-artistic-sculpture-of-a-lion-head-on-the-shield-with-the-crossed-swords-165106433.jpgsml_gallery_49041_10668_3212.png

BATTLE STANDARDS OR CHAPTER BANNERS (OPTIONAL):

(Their icon will either be two crossed swords or a lion and a sword - need to figure that out and get it into their colour scheme).

BATTLE HONORS/RELICS/DECORATIONS/AWARDS:

The Heavenfall Blades:

Each of the chapters descended from the Dark Angels are said to have a small portion of the obsidian meteor, which was used to forge the Heavenfall Blades so that they too might share through steel the legacy of their founders. Many legends surround Harbinger, a sword wielded by high-ranking members of the Blades of the Lion, but at the very least, we know that it is one of these such weapons.

Harbinger is a finely wrought power sword with a large red gem in the center of its cross guard. In addition, built into its hilt is a locator beacon. It is said that the sword often begins to hum and the red gem glows when danger is present, but whether this is just the result of the prudent wielder activating its internal beacon or some gift from the Emperor himself the Blades have never commented on.

COMBAT DOCTRINE:

BATTLE CRY:

“Unsheath the Blades!” Response – “And Let the Lions Roar!”

HOME WORLD OR HOME FLEET (IF FLEET BASED):

LOCAL RITUALS:

Tests of the Lion

A tournament held within the chapter, the Tests of the Lion is a series of challenges held throughout the chapter, testing each marines skill with his guns, blades and strategic values. First the marine must face his brothers in his squad before progressing to facing the companies victors before finally facing the rest of the chapters victors. It is a usual sight for the challenges involving other companies to be held during the times where the chapter meets up.

The most recent victor of the Tests, [insert name here] of the # company, is has most recently been labeled as MIA after encounters with the Dark Eldar. If he is still alive, it is most likely he has been thrown into the arenas, to fight to his death.

BELIEFS:

The Blades are arrogant bastards who in their minds cannot be beaten (think Jaime early on in Game of Thrones.)

GENE-SEED:

Dark Angels

CHAMPIONS OF THE CHAPTER:

Archived