Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bodacious' World Eaters 8th Company

world eaters horus heresy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Bodacious2182

Bodacious2182

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts

Greetings all.  I have collected and put together an entire company of World Eaters in drop pods and I intend to show them off. 

I have legion lists but I use the definition of company as per the most recent apocalypse rule book.  My friends let me use it as a formation.  I also proxy them as other chapters in 40k games.

I didn't paint them, a good friend of mine, Brad Newman did.   I am a decent painter, but I don't feel my time invested is worth the effort.  My time is more valuable.

First of all, the primarch of course:

Pr6SiGi.jpg

fpdxTNi.jpg

7m8NUF3.jpg

gilY6zX.jpg

Next up is my command squad in a drop pod.  Angron rides with them, a praetor, apothecary, and one other character I might have.

z0yRhtf.jpg

Here is a better view of the banner:

cRuoc9T.jpg

Edited by Bodacious2182, 02 July 2014 - 02:31 AM.

Bodacious2182

Bodacious2182

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts

And until I can take more pictures, my close combat contemptor dreadnaught:

txGuKvz.jpg

4rRDgcm.jpg

H8clyUY.jpg

rfO7BRQ.jpg

He has ripped apart an Emperor's Children loyalist pig.

I have a lot more to post, 100 marines, 2 more dreads, and a bunch of drop pods to be exact.  Not all of it is painted but soon will be so stay tuned.

Edited by Bodacious2182, 02 July 2014 - 02:33 AM.

Ldorte

Ldorte

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 349 posts

That dread is just gloriously gory, love the battle worn look of everything aswell

EjjRGyF.jpg   x4yEGp4.png   gallery_29004_6198_5690.pnggallery_30308_9518_1964.pnggallery_30308_9518_7224.pnggallery_30308_9518_813.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Culverin Models - - 28mm Scenery for 40k - - website - - etsy -- kickstarter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bodacious2182

Bodacious2182

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts

Here are a few HQs.

Captain Khârn:  

dYqJ8Ho.jpg

I made him out of a mashup of bits.  Faceplate with custome accouterments and axe from the CSM betrayer model, mk IV power armor from forgeworld, and a plasma pistol from the command bits set.

Praetor:

QkR23v4.jpg

1plKlaD.jpg

Legion Champion:

eLtyBy9.jpg

I made him out of spare bits I just wanted to use, mainly from the commander bits set.  I don't like the placement of the axe head but it is what it is.  A bionic marine with a cardere chain axe.  I wish I had used a robot hand but I guess I forgot.

Moritat:

vFObrNQ.jpg

He was really fun to make.  Mk IV studded armor, bezerker helmetless head, CSM plasma pistols, and twin fallax blades out of ork trench knives.  I need a better picture of him but I am still figuring out my camera and lighting.

And last but not least, the Destroyer squad:

AfxJwmv.jpg

I built them just before forgeworld put out the models or I would have bought them.  I am going to make one more missile launcher guy to make a 10 man squad when folks don't want to play against the moritat.