Legion Tactical Squad

So, three years(!) after starting work, I finally have enough bolter Marines to field this unit as a proper Legion Tactical Squad Troops choice - albeit with minimum unit size, rather than an Elite Veteran Tactical Squad with special and heavy weapons making up the numbers. :happy.:

http://i.imgur.com/f0wCEST.jpg

It's extremely satisfying to have completed a 'proper' squad for this project, and I'm very pleased with how they look as a group...

http://i.imgur.com/yIYiRna.jpg

...plus my miniatures cabinet is starting to look a lot more Yriel Yellow and a lot less Averland Sunset:wink:

ilSNgbH.jpg

"The Defence of Terra."

Nothing new here, just a fun group shot. :happy.: Now onto a newly finished model...

Custodes Shield-Captain Hyperion

hFWtrws.jpg

I put the finishing touches to my Custodian Shield-Captain last week. He's a Scibor Miniatures 'Sci-Fi Centurion' model with a plastic GW guardian spear.

X1fds5f.jpg

"The Custodian Guard muster for war."

A group shot of all my Custodes so far.

Your army is coming along very nicely. Bravo to you good sir. Is that everything you have together now? I thought there was more. Not that there is not a huge amount of effort gone into those minis as is.

Thank you. :happy.: Haha, for the length of this thread it does seem like there should be more, doesn't it? :wink: On the shelf below you can see two Land Raiders at the bottom of the picture, and also on that shelf but out of shot are the four Custodes, plus an unfinished Predator and a Rhino. That's it for assembled stuff, although I also have another Contemptor, a Deredeo and another Breacher Squad in bits just waiting to be assembled. Oh, and another autocannon Mortis Dreadnought from an earlier version of Team Fisto that is in serious need of repainting.

But they may have to wait a little while, as I'm quite keen to crack-on with my Crimson Fist Primaris at the moment. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, have I really not updated since the 5th September? :unsure.: I suppose I haven't had a lot of time for painting recently. Anyway, here's a work in progress shot of the Primaris Lieutenant.

WIP Crimson Fist Primaris Lieutenant

v3rkAA4.jpg

I think the trailer has been seared into my brain now. I've got a small complement of CF to paint up next to my Templar, and I love your guys' colouring.

Thanks! :smile.: I did have a slightly different recipe for my original Crimson Fists, but for the Primaris I decided to use the official GW recipe from the Painting App / Warhammer TV tutorial:

• Kantor Blue basecoat
  • Nuln Oil shade
  • Alaitoc Blue edge highlight
  • Hoeth Blue edge highlight

Good luck with your CFs. :smile.:

Edited by Bob Hunk

Crimson Fist Primaris Intercessor

Another Crimson Fist emerges from the gene-forges. :wink:  

3Nn861l.jpg

MtmXwad.jpg

dHjXt2U.jpg

Lzeex0f.jpg

Fantastic looking lieutenant, I really like the skin tones on that head! Your custodes look so cool as well, I didn't know how much I wanted one with glowing eyes till I saw yours!

Haha, thank you very much, glad you like them. :happy.:

He looks intimidating as hell- ready to tear a hole through material and immaterial realms alike, to destroy the Orks and all other enemies of the Imperium. Well done.

Thanks for your kind words as ever, Bjorn! :happy.:

Just when you think he wasn't going to step it up anymore...

OMG bob. Hit it out of the park again.

Thanks guys! :happy.:

I’m guessing blue LED in the hand (similar to how I did the auspex) and a white resin copy of the blade?

Spot on, binary. :) I think what I'm going to do is paint most of the sword blade silver, but leave bare patches in a lightning pattern around the power cables. I was toying with the idea of having the whole blade lit, but the light distribution to the tip isn't very good, and there's only room to drill a small hole due to the thickness of the blade.

• 2 months later...
Hello again my brothers. :happy.:  I'm back after a short hobby break due to the birth of my second child at the end of November. :smile.: This has obviously curtailed my already limited hobby time, but I do have this finished guy to show you...

Crimson Fist Primaris Lieutenant with Power Sword

GAZM20b.jpg

Fq9b02q.jpg

hxRPkyy.jpg

YWyU32O.jpg

Also, over Christmas I had a little play around with my Crimson Fists and Orks to create this modern reinterpretation of the classic Rogue Trader cover art.

The Last Stand

BModyBR.jpg

Oooooooooooh LED power weapons is such a cool idea even by your standards mate :smile.:

Cheers Noserenda! :happy.:

An LED power sword? AWESOME. Will you do the same for other power weapons, e.g., a Chaplain's crozius or a Terminator's thunder hammer?

You read my mind Bjorn! :biggrin.:

Congratulations on your second child's birth! Hopefully, the child will be kept FAR, FAR AWAY from your models- at least for several years. (I have personal experience with how destructive children can be towards these things.) Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

The Crimson Fists turned out great.  I also like how the new Primaris ones have so quickly learned their chapter's most important tactic-- getting surrounded.

I've passed your thread on to a friend who is just getting into LEDs.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm sure he will as well.

Haha, true Chamberlainskeksil, I believe last stands are taught on the first day of Crimson Fist bootcamp! :wink: Great, thanks, I hope your friend enjoys the thread too. :smile.:

Congratulations on your second child's birth! Hopefully, the child will be kept FAR, FAR AWAY from your models- at least for several years. (I have personal experience with how destructive children can be towards these things.)

Thanks Bjorn, haha, absolutely! My older daughter keeps showing an interest in painting miniatures though, so I'm pretty close to buying her one of those GW 'start painting' sets. :smile.: