Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Team Fisto - True Scale Heresy Imperial Fists with LEDs

True Scale LEDs Cinematics MkVI Plate Horus Heresy Forge World Imperial Fists Chapter Imperial Fists Legion Crimson Fists Primaris

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,021 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Impressive as ever. So you've been playing for 25 years?
  • Bob Hunk likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists

Impressive as ever. So you've been playing for 25 years?

Pretty much, took a roughly two-year break in college due to lack of regular opponents. Haha, you'd think after all that experience I'd actually be good at the game by now would you? ;)

• Thousand Eyes likes this

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
Crimson Fists Hellblaster

I've taken a quick break from the Intercessors to put together this LED Hellblaster, again from the Dark Imperium box.

hZvaoOh.jpg

cC8Kv0L.jpg

This plasma incinerator is my first 'rifle' size LED plasma weapon - my previous efforts were pistols - and I'm very pleased with the results.

New LED Tutorial Website

I launched a new hobby website at the weekend - chrisbuxeypaints.com - as a home for my LED tutorials and also a hobby blog. I hadn't updated my LED eye lens tutorial since 2014, so it was about time. Plus there was a lot of interest on Instagram to find out how the plasma incinerator was done. msn-wink.gif Please feel free to check it out; I'll be adding more LED tutorials over the coming months.

LdWKCKS.jpg

25Bt0xm.jpg

pCnH7Hf.jpg

• Doghouse, Noserenda, Bjorn Firewalker and 5 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,021 posts
The Hellblaster looks AWESOME.
  • Bob Hunk likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

The Hellblaster looks AWESOME.

Thanks you Bjorn. biggrin.png I'm hoping I can keep it up for the other four in the squad. msn-wink.gif

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,908 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators

Awesome to see your stuff going from strength to strength! I will definitely be checking out your website! 

• Bob Hunk likes this

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
Whoops, I've just realised it's been nearly 10 months since I last updated this project log!

Rest assured I'm still working on Team Fisto. Here's my latest miniature:

Crimson Fists Reiver with LED Muzzle Flare

9l0WEli.jpg

gO9PT1H.jpg

a0tFonk.jpg

i4iA7k3.jpg

JPOqwna.jpg

I have a full photo tutorial on how to do the muzzle flare on my website here. If social media is your thing, then you can get regular Team Fisto updates on my Instagram here and/or my Twitter herebiggrin.png

• Apologist, Grotsmasha, Bjorn Firewalker and 2 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,021 posts
Excellent work on the Reiver.
  • Bob Hunk likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,531 posts

Good lord, that Reiver is AWESOME. I've always liked your LED shenanigans, but I'm surprised I never commented here (well, probably because I would have engaged in some major Threadcromancy when I wanted to comment :lol:)

• Bob Hunk likes this

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

Excellent work on the Reiver.

Good lord, that Reiver is AWESOME. I've always liked your LED shenanigans, but I'm surprised I never commented here (well, probably because I would have engaged in some major Threadcromancy when I wanted to comment laugh.png)

Thanks guys. happy.png True, yes I haven't had much time to get on B&C lately, but I'm still a big fan of these forums as a hobby destinations. I must try and spend some more time in the WIP section and keep the Fisto log updated more regularly in future!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: True Scale, LEDs, Cinematics, MkVI Plate, Horus Heresy, Forge World, Imperial Fists Chapter, Imperial Fists Legion, Crimson Fists, Primaris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users