Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Team Fisto - True Scale Heresy Imperial Fists with LEDs

True Scale LEDs Cinematics MkVI Plate Horus Heresy Forge World Imperial Fists Chapter Imperial Fists Legion Crimson Fists Primaris

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,311 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

looking forward to more 1st legion. But your fists rule.

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

It's weird, crazy, off the wall crap like this that makes me grateful for the internet, lest I would never have known such things existed :lol:

Very cool.  I'm not a huge fan of the torsos, but there's no denying the sheer creativity and effort that went into these guys.

• SickSix likes this

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,552 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
Imperial Fists - check

Mark VI true scale minis - check

Quote from one of my favourite books ever - check

LED's and kitbash goodness - check

How I missed this topic, I don't know! laugh.png

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists

Thanks very much for the kind words guys. :)

Here's an update on the combat squad after doing some more work last night. Still quite a way to go! ;)

Fisto300_zps96c9bd09.jpg

It's weird, crazy, off the wall crap like this that makes me grateful for the internet, lest I would never have known such things existed laugh.png

Very cool.  I'm not a huge fan of the torsos, but there's no denying the sheer creativity and effort that went into these guys.

Cheers. :) What is it you don't like about the torsos, if you don't mind me asking? :) The proportions or the detail sculpting?

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

It's the hard crest at the top of the chest that bugs me, but it's drastically exacerbated by trying to pin the Mk IV piping onto the shape, partly because it's left almost right on that weird ridge.

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
Ah I see. :) When sculpting my versions of the MkVI torso I took my design cues from the original RTB01 plastics. These DO have a chest ridge, although it's a lot less noticeable due to the smaller scale. :) It was only after sculpting the torsos that I noticed the modern FW MkVI torso do away with the ridge and have a different configuration of armour plates underneath the chest cables. I don't think that would have made a difference to my design though, as I wanted to emulate the RTB01s to a certain degree anyway. :)

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,552 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit

Ah I see. smile.png When sculpting my versions of the MkVI torso I took my design cues from the original RTB01 plastics. These DO have a chest ridge, although it's a lot less noticeable due to the smaller scale. smile.png It was only after sculpting the torsos that I noticed the modern FW MkVI torso do away with the ridge and have a different configuration of armour plates underneath the chest cables. I don't think that would have made a difference to my design though, as I wanted to emulate the RTB01s to a certain degree anyway. smile.png

I figured you'd used the RTB01's as the "base" design for your version. They looked dated compared to "modern" Mark VI, but as my signature states (proudly) I still love 'em laugh.png

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
I'm currently working on fixing the muzzle flash to the bolter. It's incredibly fiddly and taking quite a long time! I had originally imagined doing 2-3 of these per squad, but now I'm thinking 2-3 per army! ;)

Fisto301_zps33456941.jpg

My plan is to conceal one LED leg in a hole drilled through the centre of the bolter barrel, and to pass the other one underneath where it will be concealed by the left hand, then pass through the magazine and into the right arm. I need to fit a resistor in somewhere too, although it doesn't have to be in the bolter itself. I might hide it under the right shoulder pad. :)

thamier

thamier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,499 posts
  • Faction: Balefire Legion
whoopse

Edited by thamier, 20 September 2014 - 07:23 PM.

"When we reap their flesh our enemies weakens, when we feed on their soulsour resolve strengthen, but our hunger is never sated and our enemies shall know no peace."My W.I.P Chaos Space Marine thread : Balefire Legion

8FD7ACE1-1E89-4D18-9F78-F73837465D2B.pngE34AE41F-3A16-4ACB-93FD-A00C82F503D5.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gif5A824685-D153-44B5-8405-3C0CAA6F4B60.png30C434FF-294A-42DB-840E-24EC0844FCAA.jpg6616117F-FAAF-4152-8F30-7C11C0435972.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_8822.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_4603.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_257.pngETL_Medal_03.gif

You are also welcome to check out my new youtube channel at:

https://www.youtube....7WYgmAQAkiYAIPQ

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,520 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

How did I miss this thread? Just wow.

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:0
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:2 Dreadnought List W:2 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:0 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:1 Two Towers List W:0 D:0 L:0
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:2 D:1 L:0

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
It's been a few (busy) months since I've updated this thread, but just to show that I'm still alive and working on Team Fisto when I get the chance, here's a Crimson Fist. biggrin.png

Fisto307_zpssr4mclin.jpg

Fisto308_zpso8y77lbi.jpg

Fisto309_zpsu4muwxbe.jpg

Yes, I know, I probably should be sticking to Imperial Fists, but I had a 'Crimson Fist itch' that needed scratching. msn-wink.gif This model is also part of my ETL IV vow.

Scale Shot

Fisto310_zpsmsrfcief.jpg

LED Off

Fisto311_zpsobzxbefj.jpg

Next up: The finished bolter Marine with muzzle flash. msn-wink.gif

• Commissar Molotov, Noserenda, apologist and 4 others like this

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,384 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights Adepta Sororitas
Still amazing Bob...

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,311 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

Need more CFs.thumbsup.gif 

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

GrandMagnus

GrandMagnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,341 posts
  • Faction:

"BOB! Turn off your lenses, you stand out like a Emperors Day tree!" :P I jest of course.

Man, the true scale and the led is a really cool combination, it looks really menacing.

gallery_30308_9518_6104.pngETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_03.gif

If you want to see my minis, look me up on instagram under the name Manta_Man_Miniatures. Fantasy, 40k and historical minis :)

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,755 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Wow, this is really cool.. I was wondering though, if the bolters are really fiidly, what about using fibre optics instead?

ETL 1v2

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)

"BOB! Turn off your lenses, you stand out like a Emperors Day tree!" tongue.png I jest of course.

Man, the true scale and the led is a really cool combination, it looks really menacing.

Haha, yes I'd be the first to admit they're not suitable for covert night-ops! But any Son of Dorn would gladly swap sneaking around for looking menacing, hehe! ;)

Wow, this is really cool.. I was wondering though, if the bolters are really fiidly, what about using fibre optics instead?

Hmmm, interesting thought, and something I hadn't considered. :) I might look into that, although I solved the bolter LED technical difficulties in the end (he's on the painting table right now) and the resistor wasn't required. The advantage over the fibre method of having the LED actually on the end of the gun is that you're illuminating over a wider angle, which is quite important for the muzzle flash. :) Thanks for the suggestion though, it may be useful for something else.

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,963 posts

Very nice stuff mate, glad to see you working on them again. :tu:

• Bob Hunk likes this

gloc

gloc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
  • Faction: Black Dragons

Wow! You are one crazy SoB for even trying this, let alone succeeding at it (multiple times)

You and your crazy microscopic LED sorcery.

What's next? putting in tiny solar panels?

• Bob Hunk likes this

Join me in the new 40k MMO Eternal Crusade 

Use this referral code for 4,000 free spending points: EC-QOJ5D0D24A3D7

blackdragons-wip-blog_zps3wvh3klm.jpgglocs-customs_zpseqkvsnan.jpg

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

Another Crimson Fist complete. smile.png

Fisto312_zpsyn96v37a.jpg

Fisto313_zps6hmgl628.jpg

Fisto314_zps8a4gumr1.jpg

Scale Shot

Fisto315_zpskszafyen.jpg

Low Light

Fisto316_zpsl62xxqbt.jpg

LED Off

Fisto317_zps3cxx5ls8.jpg

Crimson Fist Group Shot

Fisto319_zpswzpwmgny.jpg

I'm pleased to have finally demonstrated the LED muzzle flare on a completed infantry model! I'm 80% happy with how it turned out, but might make a few tweaks to the next one.

Very nice stuff mate, glad to see you working on them again. thumbsup.gif

Cheers, yes it's good to be back at the painting desk again. msn-wink.gif

Wow! You are one crazy SoB for even trying this, let alone succeeding at it (multiple times)

You and your crazy microscopic LED sorcery.

What's next? putting in tiny solar panels?

Haha, thanks. smile.png Funny you should say that, I had actually given solar panels some thought, but I'm not sure the size to efficiency ratio would be suitable. smile.png

• jeremy1391, Raztalin, GrandMagnus and 4 others like this

Rhetoricus

Rhetoricus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 616 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists
Very, very impressive. Kudos to you good sir. If I might offer one suggestion (it may well be something you have already tinkered with) What would happen if you painted a (very) thin coat of your chosen colour onto the eye lenses? It might tone down the glare just a tad, and make the models look better with the led's turned off. Then maybe a second thin layer around the edges of the lenses to focus the light in the centre of the eye?

Don't get me wrong I couldn't be more impressed with what you've achieved here, but gotta keep striving right? Keep it up man, and very well done.
  • Bob Hunk likes this

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

Very, very impressive. Kudos to you good sir. If I might offer one suggestion (it may well be something you have already tinkered with) What would happen if you painted a (very) thin coat of your chosen colour onto the eye lenses? It might tone down the glare just a tad, and make the models look better with the led's turned off. Then maybe a second thin layer around the edges of the lenses to focus the light in the centre of the eye?

Don't get me wrong I couldn't be more impressed with what you've achieved here, but gotta keep striving right? Keep it up man, and very well done.

Thanks for the excellent suggestion Rhetoricus, you're right, I'm always looking for ideas for improvement. :) I had considered a wash or glaze on the muzzle flare, but currently I don't think I'll do it for the eyes.

The trouble with photographing these models is that it doesn't capture how the LEDs look in 'real life'. The Crimson Fists' eyes, for example, look white-ish red with the brightest part in the centre. However when viewed in real life the eye lenses are uniform and a very distinct red without any elements of white. :) The limitations of the iPhone's camera I'm afraid! I'll dig out the wife's DLSR at some point as that is slightly better at capturing the correct colours.

With regards to how they look with the battery off, well I'm not too fussed about that, as they'll hopefully never really be seen like that on the gaming table. ;) Thanks again for the suggestion though. :)

Rhetoricus

Rhetoricus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 616 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists
Hahaha, love it. Light em up bro. Hope this thread is going strong for a long long time to come. Also, nice to 'meet' you.

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,394 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators

Excellent stuff. These Crimson Fists are brilliant! I hope to see more from you in the future. 

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

Hahaha, love it. Light em up bro. Hope this thread is going strong for a long long time to come. Also, nice to 'meet' you.

Nice to 'meet' you too. :)

Excellent stuff. These Crimson Fists are brilliant! I hope to see more from you in the future. 

Thank you. :) Don't worry, I foresee a summer of model making ahead! ;)

WIP Crimson Fist

Fisto320_zpsa2wqyssd.jpg

No finished models today, just this WIP one. I'm taking a break from LEDs with this guy. ;) I'm particularly happy with his pose.

I'm now half way through my first ETL. When this Crimson Fist combat squad is complete I'm going back to painting some Imperial Fists again.

• Argent aquila likes this

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
Did a bit more painting last night...

Another Crimson Fist steps up to the ready line

Fisto321_zpshjtzouxx.jpg

Fisto322_zpsrub4c3d7.jpg

Fisto323_zpsgormpgmq.jpg

Scale Shot

Fisto324_zpszaqy9d49.jpg

In the cold light of day, I'm wondering if I need to revisit those eyebrows... dry.png

• Commissar Molotov, jeremy1391 and deathspectersgt7 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: True Scale, LEDs, Cinematics, MkVI Plate, Horus Heresy, Forge World, Imperial Fists Chapter, Imperial Fists Legion, Crimson Fists, Primaris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users