Haha, thanks. :happy.: Oh no, don't say "why bother", I'll start to question all of Team Fisto and indeed my whole existence, haha! :wink: No, seriously though, I guess just to demonstrate that it could be done. And there's a lot more in that vein coming up for Team Fisto! My next Contemptor will be armed with twin-linked lascannons. Yes they will be "working", no they won't be LEDs... :wink:

Laser pointers? Las cannon laser points would be great!

Team Fisto is great, never question it. You have a unique army and not many of us can really say that.

Edited by Thousand Eyes

Imperial Fists Legion Tactical Squad Sergeant

I built Veteran Sergeant Soto quite a while ago, but have only just finished painting him. This was my first attempt at a LED-powered bionic eye, which I don't think is as nice as the bionic eye on my Praetor, although I'm still fairly pleased with this one. Although the sergeant was built before the Praetor, I actually finished painting the Praetor first, so he's shown earlier in this thread.

The symbol on his power fist is a Rogue Trader-era sergeant rank marking. It also appears in Forge World's Extermination book as an Imperial Fist Legion rank marking. :smile.:

http://i.imgur.com/FKkkhYg.jpg

Hahaha, thank you! :happy.: This is my favourite comment so far. Now please, get up, you are indeed worthy. :wink:

Must follow...soooo unbelievable!!!!

Thank you. :happy.:

My next Contemptor will be armed with twin-linked lascannons. Yes they will be "working", no they won't be LEDs... :wink:

Laser pointers? Las cannon laser points would be great!

:wink:

Team Fisto is great, never question it. You have a unique army and not many of us can really say that.

Thanks Thousand Eyes, that's very kind. :happy.: I think everyone on B&C has a very unique army, (including you), there's some great stuff on here in the 'Work in Progress' board. :biggrin.:

Edited by Bob Hunk

Legion Tactical Squad Vexilla

http://i.imgur.com/qfaHoYH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CQRCNCa.jpg

After a bit of deliberation I decided I didn't really fancy doing freehand Legion fist symbols on all my vexilla banners, so I went for a slightly simpler option. The VII is obviously to indicate the Legion, the V is the Company and the II is the squad. The rest of the Fisto vexillas will also follow this pattern. :smile.:

But apart from laziness, another reason to keep it simple is that my design philosophy for Team Fisto has always been to keep the ornamentation fairly minimal. They're all wearing Mk VI power armour 'liberated' from Mars at the outbreak of the Heresy, and since then they've been busy fortifying Terra, blockading Mars, training, defending the borders of the Solar System or launching counter attacks against Traitor positions in the Segmentum Solar. In short, Dorn has had them on constant alert, so there simply hasn't been time to decorate armour and commission personal heraldry from the artificers. :smile.:

Beautiful work, yellow can be such a difficult color to paint. Is that an RTB01 torso on your Sergeant too?

Thank you. :happy.: Sort of. I sculpted the standard Team Fisto true scale torso myself and then cast a load of copies, so it's not an original RTB01, but when I sculpted it I was trying to copy the RTB01 torso as closely as I could. So I'm pleased to hear it's recognisable. :smile.:

Edited by Bob Hunk

Imperial Fists Legion Veteran Tactical Squad

Nothing 'new' to show today, but I did take a few squad photos last night now that the unit is coming together nicely. :happy.:

http://i.imgur.com/iXGhHKW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/a79PZqZ.jpg

Good job on making those torsos close to the RTB01 set. Those were my first GW miniatures after Space Crusade, and I just repainted some last year.

Thanks! Yeah, some RTB01 Blood Angels and a metal Chaplain were the first Games Workshop models that I ever painted. :happy.:

Edited by Bob Hunk

The glowing eyes make them look intimidating in the dark. Excellent work.

Thank you. :happy.: They're actually weirdly tricky to get them to look like they do in real life in the photos. Often the LEDs look too bright or not bright enough, so I spend a lot of time playing with the light levels.

Excellent work all around here, dude. I also like the ´naughty dread' - I mean the dreadnought with the rotating assault cannon. Did you use a plastic or a resin AC as a base? :thumbsup:

Thanks! :) That is the resin Kheres assault cannon from FW. I think it would have been a lot easier with the plastic one though, as it's a bit more solid. I ended up 3D printing a tiny adaptor to connect the base of the resin barrels to the miniature motor.

Legio Custodes

"Woe betide he who ignores my warning or breaks faith with me. He shall be my enemy,

and I will visit such destruction upon him and all his followers that, until the end of all things,

he shall rue the day he turned from my light." - The Emperor of Mankind

http://i.imgur.com/e3olIRX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6MkW0VR.jpg

I took a brief break from painting yellow last night to finish one of my Custodians. :smile.:

You used the resin Assault Cannon AND 3D-printed a connector? Wow. You really go all way!

Hehe, thanks! :happy.:

Edited by Bob Hunk

Terrifying...!

I'm just doing my Custodes myself, how are you painting yours?

Thanks! :) I'm just making a single squad and a Shield-Captain (for now) as a small allied force for Team Fisto. The paint job was a bit of an experiment but I went with:

• Mournfang Brown undercoat
  • Balthasar Gold base
  • Agrax Earthshade Gloss shade
  • Liberator Gold layer
  • Auric Armour Gold highlight
  • Stormhost Silver highlight

To be honest, the highlights didn't quite look as I'd hoped, but the eyes sort of compensate for it, so I'm pleased with the overall effect.

Alexis Polux, 405th Captain of the Imperial Fists Legion

This is my interpretation of Captain Alexis Polux. If you're a long-time follower of this log then you may have seen this model in battle reports and WIP shots, but I've now got him to the stage where I consider him 'finished'. :smile.: As you can see I've gone for a different armour mark and shield type from the stock Forge World model so that he fits in with the rest of my Breachers.

Now that I have my Praetor, Letholdus, to lead Team Fisto, I expect Alexis will mostly be saved for special scenarios and Zone Mortalis games.

http://i.imgur.com/1n8mZj2.jpg

Xtremly fantastic!

Thank you. :happy.: More Custodes to come next time I get sick of painting yellow! :wink:

Edited by Bob Hunk

Terrifying...!

Thanks! :smile.: I'm just making a single squad and a Shield-Captain (for now) as a small allied force for Team Fisto. The paint job was a bit of an experiment but I went with:

• Balthasar Gold base
  • Liberator Gold layer

To be honest, the highlights didn't quite look as I'd hoped, but the eyes sort of compensate for it, so I'm pleased with the overall effect.

Ahh very similar to me, just a different base and initial wash.

Black Primer > Retributor Primer > Reikland Wash before the Liberator onwards for me. Explains your darker tones overall though!

Thanks very much for the kind words everyone! :happy.:

Terrifying...!

Thanks! :smile.: I'm just making a single squad and a Shield-Captain (for now) as a small allied force for Team Fisto. The paint job was a bit of an experiment but I went with:

• Balthasar Gold base
  • Liberator Gold layer

Ahh very similar to me, just a different base and initial wash.

Black Primer > Retributor Primer > Reikland Wash before the Liberator onwards for me. Explains your darker tones overall though!

That sounds like a good recipe too. :) Yeah, to be honest I just looked at what gold paints were available and then made it up as a I went along. The gold on mine is a little lighter in real life than in the photo, it's just the brightness of the eyes makes the rest of the image look darker.

Why does nothing glow on Alex? Perhaps the Melta? :wink:

Bit solid work;

Haha, thank you, I did consider that actually, but in the end decided to save myself some time and effort. ;) Haven't actually done a melta effect yet, but I probably will one day. What's a good LED colour for 'melta'? Orange? White? :happy.:

You, sir, win the internets.

All of them.

Thank you. :happy.: Not sure where I'm going to store all those internets though... :wink:

I like the Custodes and Praetor Letholdus, and appreciate the fact he's true-scaled.

Thanks very much. :) 

No updates today as I'm a bit busy with family stuff over the Easter holidays, but more to come next week.

You know I have always liked your stuff, it is a great style and lovely to see on the board. I admire the craft that goes into creating it, but I have never really wanted one in my own collection. I thought they look great as an army together, more so when facing off against Apologist.

But that Custodian. It just blows me away, it is one to truly covet.

• 3 weeks later...

Breacher Reinforcements

http://i.imgur.com/eVlsg84.jpg

A minor update today, another Breacher complete. :happy.:

Actually a melta-beam has now colour (It's heat), but I think a white yellow would be fine. :wink:

Good point! Well, infrared LEDs are a thing; I could make a melta gun that glows brightly when viewed on a thermal image camera. :wink:

You know I have always liked your stuff, it is a great style and lovely to see on the board. I admire the craft that goes into creating it, but I have never really wanted one in my own collection. I thought they look great as an army together, more so when facing off against Apologist.

But that Custodian. It just blows me away, it is one to truly covet.

Thank you very much, that's very kind of you to say! :happy.:

The depth and quality of painting makes these really hang together – take it from me; they're even more impressive in person! :smile.:

Cheers dude! :biggrin.:

Edited by Bob Hunk