Hey all.

I've decided to start a new WIP thread to keep my motivation up and start making some impact on the mass of unpainted plastic/pewter/resin that I have lying around. To start with I'll just be working on some Astartes bits and terrain, but I have Astra Millitarum and some Chaos Marines and maybe Daemons to come at a later date, alongside the more esoteric Imperial forces such as the Inquisition, Grey Knights and my new favourite, the Mechanicus (strictly speaking that should Mechanicum, but mine will be 40k Mechanicus using 30k Mechanicum models).

I want to make this a bit more than just posting pictures of my finished and half-finished projects. There's quite a few project logs on here that I enjoy reading and it's from these logs that I'm taking some inspiration. I'm talking about the logs that are more than just "Here's my latest model, what do you guys think?". I quite enjoy reading the background to people's miniatures and how that background is reflected in the decisions they make when modelling and painting their miniature. I'm not really one for writing background, so I'm going to stay away from masses of prose and detailed back stories for each model. Instead I'm going to go down the route of talking about my thoughts when modelling and painting my miniatures, ranging from technical decisions, like why I choose certain colours in the palette for a miniature through to more personal stuff like why I decided on certain markings in the paint scheme, why I'm using a certain skin tone or why I decided to use certain pieces when modelling the miniature. I find this kind of analysis of the process between unpainted lump of plastic (resin/metal) to a fully painted model interesting and I'm hoping some of you will find it interesting as well.

Finally, as with all WIP threads, feedback is much appreciated. While I enjoy people telling me that my work is good (or bad) as much as the next person, the feedback I'm most interested in is people's thoughts on the decisions I'm making with modelling and colour palettes. Opinions on very early WIPs of models that I'm working on would be especially awesome and maybe even allow me to incorporate ideas that I'd have never thought of into the miniature.

Captain Hephaestus

As ETL III is currently running, a good place to start is with my first vow, which is still very much WIP. I've vowed two Captains, one of which is the recent limited edition Captain based on the old 1991 Games Day Captain. The second model is still sitting on my desk with nothing but an undercoat, so I'm going to ignore it for now and concentrate on the first.

When I decided to paint this model I knew one thing for certain - he wasn't going to be an Ultramarine. I've painted a lot of Ultramarine's recently and I wanted to do something different for a change. It's no secret that this model has a lot of skulls on it, so I figured that would be a good place to start. I could have created a new Chapter, but it occurred to me that GW already have the perfect Chapter for a skull heavy Captain. On top of that, they were scions of Guilliman so I could mix them in with my Ultramarines without issue, plus I've always had a soft spot for them and once had a fully painted 1,500 point army (which somehow I've managed to loose) painted in their colours, complete with shoulder pads from the 2nd edition Legion of the Damned models. I am of course, talking about the Mortifactors.

So now that I'd decided on a Chapter fitting for a model adorned with a significant amount more skulls than the average Astartes (which is saying something) I got cracking on the painting. I think now is a good time to show where I'm up to as of today.

Here he is from the front.

gallery_61651_9531_27513.jpg

and from behind.

gallery_61651_9531_7207.jpg

Feel free to skip the rest of this post if your not interested in the theory and decisions behind the painting of this model.

There's a few things of note here, both with decisions I've made and decisions I've still to make. The basic scheme was obviously going to be the alternate black and bone colour of the Mortifactors. However, this model has a lot of additional detail that required some thought.

Basic Scheme

Firstly, there are quite a few parts on this model that were going to be similar colours due to the Chapter I'd picked. I may have mentioned that there are a number of skulls on this model and inevitably some of them were going to be skull coloured. In addition to this, there are a couple of honour scrolls on the armour, one of which is on the right greave (not visible in these pictures) which would place it on one of the bone coloured sections of the armour. The danger with these components is that they are all bone coloured and could end up blending into each other with very little definition between them. With this in mind I changed the Mortifactors scheme slightly from bone to cream. It isn't enough of a change to make the model look different from any other rendition of a Mortifactor, but it is enough to give a different tone between all the bone/cream sections and make the skulls and honour scrolls stand out. Likewise, I used a recipe for bone on the skulls and a recipe for painting parchment on the honour scrolls, so that each of the three similar elements was slightly different.

Decoration and Details

Next I needed to decide on the colours that I was going to use for the decorative areas of the model. As a general rule, I prefer most decorative features to be metallic, although obviously this depends upon the material that is being represented (a metallic cloak, for example, would look silly). This is because to me, metallic decorations (rather than decorations that are painted onto the armour) give a more practical feel. While I do use GWs (sometimes ridiculous) colour schemes as a basis for my miniatures, I also prefer a slightly more realistic tone, so I'm often looking for small details that will allow me to tone down the GW style of painting a model to look good in photographs and go for something that is more likely to be seen on a battlefield. So you'll still see bright company colours on shoulder rims, standard Astartes colour schemes and badges, contrasting braiding and so on, but those elements will be offset by more naturally coloured weapons and decoration will tend to stray between ornate/aged to more basic practical colours.

With that in mind I needed to decide on which parts of the significant amount of decoration on this model were going to be ornate and which parts were going to be practical.

The cloak was easy. As a rule of thumb, I like red cloaks. They look regal, usually stand out nicely from the colour schemes that I use and aren't too garish. However, in this case red wouldn't work. While a nice strong red looks awesome on the cloaks of my Ultramarines, it would clash with the cream on this model's armour. Red and white don't contrast nearly as well as red and blue and to make matters worse cream is a yellowish white, so straightforward red would just look wrong. To get a bit more contrast while keeping the difference subtle I went for a more purpleish, aubergine red. I realised after I'd painted more colours that it wasn't as much of an issue as I originally expected, as there is actually less cream on the model than a standard Mortifactor, once all the other details and pose are taken into account. Even so, I'm still happy with the result as I think the cloak does stand out but doesn't look out of place. Compare the cloak (or sword grip, which I painted the same aubergine red to connect the cloak to another part of the model) with the cream on the breastplate or the bone colour of the skulls on the back of the cloak, to the red on the braiding and the cream on the breastplate, to see what I mean.

Speaking of the braiding, I did want that to clash. I considered painting it a neutral greyish tone or maybe the same aubergine I'd used for the cloak, but in the end decided that I'd rather have the braiding as one of the elements that really stood out rather than one of the elements that blended in with the overall scheme. So bright red it was.

The next part was all of the metallic decoration on the armour and weapons. As I've said earlier, I like metallic decoration because it looks a bit more practical, brutal and in some cases can really give an impression of age, which is perfect for the ornate heirlooms that Astartes often have incorporated into their armour. The edging on the armour plates was fairly easy. It was either a steel/iron colour or a gold colour and gold wouldn't have gone well with cream as they're both yellowish colours. So the armour edging was done in steel. This gives a nice contrast between the warm cream and the cold steel while also managing to be a fairly neutral element that doesn't draw the eye from other details. I decided to do the same with the skull on the left knee pad (the other choices being bone or gold on a cream background which wouldn't have had much impact), while I didn't need to make the decision with the chest eagle as GW had come to the same conclusion with their own colour scheme.

At this point the model was looking too cold. The steel and black were both cold colours and although the cream and aubergine were warmer colours, the cream was fairly neutral and the aubergine was overpowered by the cold colours (as most of it was on the models back). I knew I wanted some gold on the miniature but until then I hadn't decided on where. I started off with the skull and halo on the power fist and the haloed eagle that makes up the right shoulder pad. I also wanted to add some gold to the storm bolter to make it look a bit more like an heirloom (usually I do weapon decoration in a practical steel colour), so I needed to have more gold on the left side of the model to balance out the large amount that was going to be on the right. After some thought I decided to paint the laurel wreath on the left greave in gold as green wasn't an option (not gritty/practical enough) and silver would have left it with little contrast against the steel skull on the left knee pad. After a bit more thought I also painted the Crux Terminatus on the left shoulder in gold. While it's only a small area, it does an important job of giving a bit of unevenness to the gold areas of the model. Had I painted it bone/stone/steel coloured, the gold on the model would have made a not-so-nice diagonal line going from the right shoulder pad down to the left greave. As it is, the gold looks a bit more randomly placed and stops the eye seeing that line across the model. Finally I also painted the disks on the braiding gold, just to tie the gold on the left and right sides of the model together.

For the loincloth I decided to stick with the cream I had going on, but once again changed the recipe slightly and used a lot more white. I wanted it to look like the cloth was dyed in the Mortifactor's cream colour, but at the same time to look like it's a different colour due to the material used. I then tied this in with the inside of the cloak which I painted using the same recipe, but with much heavier shading and more frugal highlights as most of the cloak is in shadow.

Weaponry

When tackling the weapons I went with my usual technique of fairly neutral colours, although the sword is a bit of an exception because it's in a scabbard. I kept the pommel and guard of the sword a basic steel colour and did the same with the reinforcing metal at the bottom of the scabbard to balance all the steel at the top of the weapon. The skulls decorating the scabbard got painted in a bone colour, because there was no way I was not having some skull coloured skulls on a Mortifactor and this seemed the best place to do it. I haven't decided if the bone coloured material that is used as decoration on the scabbard is actual bone or not, but given the Mortifactor's background it seems fitting that it is. I imagine this sword as a relic of office, one held by the Captain due to his rank and position within the Chapter but rarely used due to his preference for a more pugilistic style of melee.

The storm bolter had it's mechanical parts painted steel like most of my Astartes weapons. I like the idea that my Marines take great pride in their weapons and as such leave the basic steel visible on places like the weapon barrel, inner workings and magazines so as not to offend the machine's spirit. This will contrast with my Astra Millitarium troopers, who will have the entirety of their weapon painted in matt colours (black and green) to reflect the mass produced more modern military style of their weaponry. The gun's casing was painted in a basic black to keep the weapon looking practical. I decided to paint the skulls on the magazine the same steel colour as the magazine itself, so that they look like they are stamped or molded into the metal, rather than decoration that has been added or painted on. I did the same thing with the skulls on the backpack stabalising jets. I think it gives those areas a more utilitarian feel, while still giving a bit of decoration to show that this is an officers wargear. Finally, I painted the winged skull decorating the weapons case and the edging around the top of the magazine in gold to help emphasise the weapons history as a Chapter relic. The Marksman's Honour hanging from the storm bolter's grip was painted in brass/steel to look like a standard bolt shell, albeit one from the weapon of some ancient hero, maybe even Guilliman himself.

Face and Hair

Despite the neck armour covering part of it, the Captain's face would still be a focal point of the model. The Mortifactor's homeworld of Posul is a night world, so it makes sense that recruits from that world would have a pallid complexion (not dark skinned rastafarians, thank you very much Mr McNeill). While it's true that an Astartes melanchromic organ allows their skin to rapidly change colour to better deal with local conditions, I prefer to use a variety of skin tones that suggest something about the Astartes in question. Usually I'll use a basic skin tone for all of the Marines in my force, after all, they're all experiencing the same effects on their skin. I tend to go for a paleish tone to represent the fact that they spend most of the time in their armour, but for certain miniatures (such as a Captain that prefers to fight without a helmet, or Space Wolves in general) I might go for a more tanned look. In the case of this Mortifactor, I went for a very pale colour to tie into the background of him having been recruited from a night world. Although his skin may change from time to time to adjust to radiation levels, I wanted to show it at it's "basic" colour, the colour it reverts to when there are no outside influences. I also wanted him to look like an aged Captain, as his pose has a certain dignified commanding presence to it. To achieve that I painted his hair as if it was greying. with a streak of white running from his left temple to the back of his head. The service studs (painted silver, as gold doesn't stand out well against most skin tones) and bionic eye/scars help reinforce his age and veteran status.

Company Colour

It was while considering his age and pose that I decided which company I wanted him to be part of. I got the idea in my head that he is the Captain of the Mortifactors' 9th (Devastator) Company. He looks perfect for a Captain that spends more time standing on gun lines giving targeting orders and setting up fields of fire, rather than a Captain that regularly leads from the front. I also had to consider the shoulder pad rim colour (as determined by the Company he was Captain the of). I wanted a colour that would go well with the black and cream colour of the Mortifactors while still staying true to the colours used in the Codex. 9th Company seemed perfect for this, further cementing my decision to have him as a Devastator Captain. So I painted his shoulder pad rims in the grey of the 9th Company and was happy, as the grey was a nice neutral colour that didn't clash at all. Happy, that was, until I realised that grey was the colour of the 8th (Assault) Company and blue was the colour of the 9th (Devastator) Company.

Further Decisions

So that's where I'm up to now, trying to decide if I keep him as a Devastator Captain or switch to another Company. Realistically, there's not many that wouldn't clash. White would be fine, but I would much rather have a Terminator Captain as the commanding officer of the 1st. Green is another possibility, as long as it's fairly dark. But I've been thinking of him as a Devastator Captain for so long that it seems wrong to have him as a boring Battle Company Captain. We see so many 2nd/3rd/4th/5th Company Captain's around and I'd really grown to like the idea of doing something different. I'm almost tempted to damn the consequences and go with the blue of the 9th.

The other decision I still have to make is the Iron Halo. On one hand gold would work, as it would be an ancient relic of the Chapter. On the other hand, it's an Iron Halo, so part of me want's to paint it in an iron/steel colour. To further complicate matters, painting it gold might make the model too top heavy on gold from the front (lots of gold on the top half, very little on the bottom), where as painting it steel would have the same effect from the back (Iron Halo combined with steel coloured stabalising jets and heat vents would result in a very steel coloured backpack).

So if anyone has any thoughts on the colours for the shoulder rims and Iron Halo I'd love to hear them.

Anyway, that's enough from me. I hope some of you have enjoyed this brief view into the theory behind my painting process. I plan to do a lot more of this and I think it'll get even more interesting when I have some projects on here starting from scratch. I'm looking forward to discussing all the decisions and stories to be told when converting and modelling as well as painting.

Huhu,

Mr Hobbit! I can't believe I'm the first to reply to this post!

Your cap'n looks brilliant! I'm a big fan of the way you blend your colours, especially on all the cloth bits. It's super smooth

The base does the figure a lot of justice, it's not too much, which I think is a good thing considering the miniature itself has a lot of things going on, on it's own.

Now finish that Iron Halo, and the backpack (?!) and you've got yourself a kick-ass cap'n!

Wow this is my first post. I've been in the hobby since it started really. I still have my 2nd edition books but my first rouge trooper got nicked. I digress. I loved Mr Mac Neil's description of the mortifactors, a kind of dark skinned deadlocked voodoo image. So I think I'll go with that theme.

I love all the attention to detail you've put into your mortifactors and the captain is stunning. I hope to post a few of my megre efforts on here soon, I hope you approve

Thanks for the replies.

@ UncleFool: Some of McNeill's stuff, most of it in fact, I really like. But sometimes he goes off on tangents that really ruin bits for me. The Mortifactors was one of those. He got them 90% right, but the dark skinned voodo dreadlocked image didn't work at all for me. Like I mentioned, the Mortifactors come from a Night World, so barely any sunlight. The population they recuit from would be really really pallid. Think Gollum in the LoTR films. McNeill's description was of them being dark skinned went completely against their established background at that point (not that there was much background for them), plus it felt like a lazy stereotype. Dark skinned voodoo Marines is way easier to write than coming up with a more original pallid death-worshiping cult of Marines. The only way he could have made it worse would have been to have Chaplain Astador had said to Ventris "Dem Tyranids, dey be bad mojo mon." tongue.png.

The rest of the stuff was great, the description of the ossuary/fortress monestay, the blood rites they perform to recieve visions and to cemente alliances, the way they behaved in battle, it was all those bits that caused me to paint up a full 1500 point Mortifactors army (and then, like a muppet, loose it). That said, if you like the dark-skinned voodoo Mortifactors then you should totally do them, regardless of my opinions. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Anyway, onto the update.

Captain Hephaestus is now finished, I decided on 9th Company regardless of the colour clashes, as I just can't imagine him as a Captain of any other Company now. The blue doesn't look as bad as I expected, but it doesn't look as good as the grey, nor the red. yellow or green that I've seen on other Mortifactors. Still, it's something unique to me, you don't see many 9th Company around and 9th Company Mortifactors might actually be non-existent.

The Iron Halo is indeed painted in an iron/steel colour. That turned out better than I expected and I'm happy with the result. It just feels right to have an iron Iron Halo, rather than a gold one.

Apart from that, it's just been touch ups here and there, doing details like the purity seal on his leg, the backpack, the Chapter symbol etc. He's been varnished with a matt varnish and had a final highlight of metallics over that to give them some sheen back. There's a bit of gloss varnish hand painted on there, on the gun sight (not sure if that's the right term) and the gem on his scabbard.

Just in case anyone's curious, his total skull count comes to 53, very fitting for a Captain of a Chapter that lives in an ossuary and venerates death.

gallery_61651_9531_19229.jpg

gallery_61651_9531_65580.jpg

gallery_61651_9531_32772.jpg

gallery_61651_9531_17171.jpg

I love him!

I think the Blue looks great, its a better contrast then any of the other colours you had available. Must be so frustrating having to paint your shoulder pad rims but I know you sons of the G man love it so.

I take it these Mortifactors support Everton and not Liverpool. God for them.

You plan on doing some devastators then Tox?

Normally I really like painting shoulder rims, it's an interesting element of the armour. With the split scheme though it was tricky to get something that worked, so in the end I just said "Sod it." and went for the Company I thought he'd fit in best.

I probably will do some Devastators to go with him. I'm thinking eventually at least a couple of squads. I'd quite like to make their armour Devastator-y, something along the lines of the old 2nd ed Devastators. Not sure yet and I have other projects that need to be done first.

Everton? Sounds extra heretical to me :p.

Yeah I thought it was a real missed opportunity when they brought out the devastator box and they just had the normal legs. Some of my favourite classic miniatures were the space wolf long fangs. The sergeant alone was one of the best marines they ever did.

Good luck with your next part of your vow

I have a squad of those Long Fangs modernised with new weaponry. One day I'll get round to painting them.

That's exactly what I'd like to do though, add the "crenelations" to their legs and targeters to their helms. Targeters is easy, there's loads of helms out there with funky bits that would work. Crenelations, not so much. I might try it with thin plasticard gently heated to bend around the leg armour. Or maybe just try sculpting them.

First update on the second "Captain" for ETLIII.

Although I've pledged him for ETLIII as a Captain, since making the initial pledge I've had a change of heart and decided to use him as a Veteran Sergeant. For the purposes of ETL, this changes very little. He retains the equipment I'd assigned him as a Captain and will be painted to exactly the same standard as all of my other characters, the only difference between how he is now and how I originally planned him is his helmet colour. Originally I was going for a blue helm with a gold faceplate, but now his helm is red with a white stripe to signify his new rank. At some point in the not too distant future I'm planning on picking up a squad of Marines armed with boarding shields for him to lead.

What I'm not sure on though, is if I should go for a Boarding Squad or a Breacher Squad. I like both and will probably eventually have both, but for now I need to pick one. This also makes a difference as to what colour I paint his shoulder rims - if he's a Breacher Sergeant I'll do them red for 3rd Company, if he's a Boarding Sergeant I'll paint him up as part of the reserves for my main force, so either purple for the 7th Company (Tactical Reserve) or grey for the 8th Company (Assault Reserve).

My second question is on the organisation of Boarding/Breacher Squads. I know that Breacher Squads are usually from the 3rd Company (conveniently the same Company that most of my Ultramarines belong to) and made up of Tactical Marines with siege mantlets on top of their normal gear, but I'm not sure for Boarding Squads. Anybody know if they're also Tactical Marines equipped with Boarding Shields, or if they are instead Assault Marines with boarding shields?

Onto the actual model.

Not a lot to say here really. His helm is completely finished, as is the blue on his armour. I know there is a dark patch on his left leg that looks unpainted, but that's where the shadow of the storm shield will fall when I've attached it. There's not a lot left to do on him now - chest eagle, shoulder rims, knife, purity seals and Thunder Hammer on the main part and then his backpack and storm shield need finishing and attaching. Oh, and of course his base. I'm hoping to finish him this weekend or early next week. I'll keep you all updated with my progress.

Comments and criticism welcome smile.png.

gallery_61651_9531_55630.jpg

Another update on the Sergeant.

I've decided he's going to be a Breacher Sergeant. I think the model fits better for that kind of warfare - the heavy MkIII plate, the thunder hammer and the helm crest to help him be distinguished by his troops amid all the smoke of explosives and rubble dust. With that in mind I've painted him as part of my 3rd Company, 1st Squad. Once this year's ETL is over, I'll look into getting him a squad to lead.

His body and hammer are practically done now. Just a few highlights on the metallic parts once the dulcoat has been applied. I still need to paint his backpack, shield and base, but it shouldn't be too long before he's finished.

His thunder hammer has a small amount of OSL on it to suggest that it's active, but not at full power. The head of the hammer also has a slight turquoise tint to match the OSL and once again suggest that the power field is present, but running on idle. Neither detail are that noticeable at a distance, but you can see them if you look closely at the model. I prefer details to be like this, rather than the garish over-bearing OSL that's in vogue nowadays. I've seen so many stunning paint jobs spoiled by someone going over the top with an airbrush for their OSL, I really don't want to make the same mistake. IMO a nicely painted model should have plenty of details, but not all of it should be noticeable at first glance, otherwise you end up with something that's just too busy, with each element competing with the rest and causing a confusing mess.

Unfortunately, due to the positioning of the power vents and their size there wasn't an awful lot I could do the OSL. It's noticeable at least. I really wanted something a bit more like the OSL on this hammer that I did years ago, but the thunder hammer vents are just too small an area to get that effect.

gallery_61651_8632_48945.png

I've also modeled the base, out of various bits of slate, sand, some old GW razorwire and a few watch parts strewn around. I wanted it to look like he's fighting over earthworks or maybe a breach. I have no idea what the parts are from, a vehicle or some kind of battlefield equipment maybe. Either way, they should add something interesting to break up the grey of the rubble.

I think I might need to go back and make the base of the tactical symbol a bit wider. Currently it looks too thin compared to how they are usually depcited.

gallery_61651_9531_87581.jpg

gallery_61651_9531_51796.jpg

C & C welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

The Breacher Sergeant is now all finished. I'm really looking forward to doing a squad to go with him. Getting a heavy weapon and siege mantlet on the same model without it looking silly should be quite a challenge.

Most of the stuff here is fairly standard. The aquila on the shield I decided to paint a grey/stone colour. I imagine the shield is a 3rd Company relic and the aquila is a large block of carved ceramite that gives the shield it's strength. That, alongside the heavy MkIII suit that the Sergeant wears has seen him through decades of firestorms plunging into the heart of enemy defences. I also widened the Tactical arrow's base and I'm much happier with how it looks now.

The base of the model came out well, looking like he's fighting across enemy defences without being too overdone (I prefer simpler bases to massive ones with every miniature stood on it's own diorama). It's not really noticeable in the photos, but behind the Sergeant there's a blast scarred chunk of rubble where some enemy ordnance has failed to stop his advance.

gallery_61651_9531_172.jpg

gallery_61651_9531_42661.jpg

gallery_61651_9531_7703.jpg

gallery_61651_9531_47286.jpg

gallery_61651_9531_29627.jpg

ETL III is over tomorrow, but I reckon I've got time to get in another cheeky vow. I've had Cypher since he was released back in 3rd ed but the closest he's come to getting paint is being undercoated. I've stripped off his undercoat (as it was horrible chipped), drilled out his pistol barrels and pinned his arms on to make them more secure. I should be able to get him done mostly this evening, with a bit of work tomorrow afternoon to finish him off. Normally I hate painting a model this quickly, but I want to get a second vow completed before the end of this years events and the odd speed painting challenge is good practice. I'll post some WIP shots towards the end of the night. Here's how he looks now.

gallery_61651_9531_6747.jpg

I liked the top-heaviness of the red shoulder pads and helmet in this picture:

gallery_61651_9531_87581.jpg

It makes him look really dangerous and threatening (red means danger, after all). Unfortunately the shield covers the left shoulder pad from that angle in the finished model. Don't get me wrong, I like the model with the shield. I just think it's a bit sad that that effect is lost.

Maybe you'll just have to do a few more 3rd company squads with dangerous looking sergeants. msn-wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies :).

@tdf, I have plans for some more dangerous looking Sergeants. I have two made up at the moment, one equipped with a bolt pistol/lightning claw and the other with a bolter/gauntlet-mounted auxiliary meltagun (combi-melta). So far the lightning claw armed Sergeant is the most dangerous looking, as he pairs the claws with a MkV helm. Unfortunately he has standard (Mk VII) shoulders, so not as much red as the Veteran Sergeant above. I might consider changing that though, as like you I really like the top heavy look of the red.

@ DSS, there will be more Mortifactors coming down the line, but there's quite a few other projects that need doing first. It's unlikely that I'll fit in any this year, but not completely out of the question. When I do get some done though they'll be Devastator heavy, as befitting of the Captain of the 9th.

Cypher was finished in time to complete my ETL III badge and I do have photos, but I've noticed something on the sword grip I want to change, so I'm going to go back and do that, then upload new photos of him as well as some WIP shots of my next few projects.

Archived