What should my next purchase be?

Exile Noctis

Greetings fellow Knights.

Looking for a few new purchases and I'm honestly stuck for what I should buy next. I have a fair bit already but when I start uni up in September, my close group of 40k players are looking for larger games.

Halp? :D

I'd have the following checklist:

- Coteaz

- Dreadknight (get two if you can)

- Suitable TDA hero model for Librarian/Grandmaster

- Suitable carapace-armoured hero models for Inquisitors/Henchmen psykers

- 30-40x PA models, with enough incinerator/psycannon guys to give you options in your squad builds

- 20-30x soldier models, can be Guard or whatever you like (I use modified Cultists), so you can represent Henchmen if need be

- 6-8 Servitor models, in case you build shooty Henchmen

- Some Stormtrooper special weapons, again for similar reasons

I still haven't got everything I need, but I'm getting there. 

I'd have the following checklist:

- Coteaz

- Dreadknight (get two if you can)

- Suitable TDA hero model for Librarian/Grandmaster

- Suitable carapace-armoured hero models for Inquisitors/Henchmen psykers

- 30-40x PA models, with enough incinerator/psycannon guys to give you options in your squad builds

- 20-30x soldier models, can be Guard or whatever you like (I use modified Cultists), so you can represent Henchmen if need be

- 6-8 Servitor models, in case you build shooty Henchmen

- Some Stormtrooper special weapons, again for similar reasons

I still haven't got everything I need, but I'm getting there.

Pretty nice checklist.

Based on that, I may either pick up some more PA models which I'll end up turning into Purifiers or 2 Land Raiders. (not sure on variants yet)

This is what I currently own;

Coteaz

Grand Master/Libby models.

Vindicare

Techmarine

20 PA models (probably turn some of them into Interceptors, still need to attach 'packs)

10 Purifiers

13 Terminators + Thawn

2 NDKs/Stormravens

3 Razorbacks

Land Raider

Imperial Knight

Maybe I could do with some Henchmen.. rolleyes.gif

Dreadnoughts aren't the must-have that they were in 5th. Hull Points and the increase in stuff they can't reliably kill (MC's like the Riptide, skimmers/Flyers Jinking etc) has really put them down several notches for me. YYMV, but I'm subbing mine out for another DK. 48" shooting is rare in our army though, can't argue its not a good gun platform...I just wish the vehicle damage rules didn't suck. 

Yes our dreadnoughts aren't as good against vehicles... But saying that. Absolutely nothing is "as" good because everything requires higher damage table rolls. Our little walking strength 8 quad gun is still more reliable at nullifying vehicles than a lascannon. The new rules are so stupid, every game my friends big rail gun thing fails to blow up rhinos, but my little 135 point dreadnought has never failed at stripping the hullpoints (unless there is adequate cover)

Just wish we had access to an av 13 dread

my little 135 point dreadnought has never failed at stripping the hullpoints (unless there is adequate cover) 

*grumble* stupid skimmers, stupid Jink, stupid disruption pods *grumble*

Yeah they strip HP fairly well, but the same applies to them. DK only needs to get into melee to work, after that greatsword means I have to roll 1's twice for him not to nuke whatever he touches. 

Dreadnoughts are always a solid choice! Especially in lower point games because you can cram 3 of them in a small list:-P

And whenever my dreadknight doesn't get plasma'd to death, he basically insta rapeș whatever vehicle he comes across. Regardless of greatsword re-rolls.

One time, my boss of a Knight killed a maulerfeind, vindicator, landraider AND a soul grinder all in the same game! Haha.

Granted that's the only time he's really been amazing.

Archived