Greetings from a Leathersmith

Greetings B&C,  I have been lurking here some time now and thought it time to introduce myself.

My name is Hamish from Scotland, and I am a self employed leathersmith. I mostly make leather goods for bushcrafters or reenacters, and have done a few 40k commissions when I first started out.

I am a big Black Library fan and read every HH material and as much 40k as I can, only avoiding the odd author now and again (I just cant get through anything by c.s goto, david annandale or james swallow). I find this forum to be a great source of lore and seem to spend a fair amount of my dwindling spare time soaking up more about the 30/40k universe

No doubt I will pop my head over the parapet now and again

Half-Goat

Welcome!

Not to be indiscreet, but half-goat ...? Care to expand upon this?    ;-)

It comes from being rather goat-like and being called a goat all the time and the name just stuck!   So I made it my company name :)

Half Goat... was your father a French Foreign Legionary? laugh.png

On a more serious note, have you read James Swallow's Adepta Sororitas novels? They're my only reference to his writing and I didn't find them terrible.

Nice leather bracers you showed in the Hall of Honour, too.

Do terminate me if the first line offends you.

Hail and welcome to B&C, brother! I see you've had a bit of a walk about already but do take your time to check in on the site's rules - there's a link in my signature for easy reference - and feel free to ask us any questions you have. We won't bite. Well, we won't draw any blood... :P

We won't bite. Well, we won't draw any blood... tongue.png

I wouldn't be so sure about that. A nice piece of roast goat always goes down well from time to time... devil.gif

Anyway, welcome to the forum, Half Goat! As Oli has already said, feel free to ask any question that you may have :)

Half Goat... was your father a French Foreign Legionary? laugh.png

On a more serious note, have you read James Swallow's Adepta Sororitas novels? They're my only reference to his writing and I didn't find them terrible.

Nice leather bracers you showed in the Hall of Honour, too.

Do terminate me if the first line offends you.

Hey, I can't say that I have. The general consensus on them seems to be positive so I'll be sure to give them a try ;)

Archived