This is now my XX Legion Part III (which will hopefully be my final scheme) As well As my VI legion thread.  For the next month or so you will be seeing Alot of Test minis. I want to make sure my Alphas are exacty how i want them and i want to lock down a good wolf scheme by the time Prospero Drops. So alot OF WIP to come

Edited by betrayer41

Lookin' pretty good! There's a few mold lines poking their heads up, but a solid version of the FW scheme.

And I hate you because you have a Glaive and I don't.

whats the best way to get rid of mold lines? in the past when ive tried i end up taking chunks out of the resin. 

Small jewelers file or using the edge of a sharp exacto/hobby knife. Turn the blade so it is at a 45 degree angle and scrape away from yourself, dont press too hard, it should work, I do it all the time. Edited by Armond

What is that paint scheme system? I need to learn it for my Alpha Legion when I get around to them (if the new Wolves codex doesn't drag me away). Please enlighten me!!!

Although based on the Extermination fluff, I can paint them however I want :D

I am guessing that the resin you are removing mold lines on is a little yellower than normal, if so that means you need to treat it slightly differently. Before removing mold lines from larger sections you need to warm the resin up so it isnt as brittle, once it is warm to touch (not hot enough to start bending, just warmed up) you can start trimming, cutting and drilling with far less chance of bits breaking off, chipping or shattering.

Also, I just soak my models for about three days in water with a mild soap, and you can tell it works because there is this "sheen" of stuff floating on the top of the water after three days.  

thanks for all the help guys

@dono. That's a huge help! i have been having great difficulty trying to trim or cut things because alot of pieces break off or split. I should be posting some recon marines tonight and their back packs are butchered where i tried to "model" them

Thank you Demon, i'm pretty happy with how things are progressing. I will have a recon squad up tonight "hopefully" depends how late trivia goes. and i have a shipment of 30 more MKIV guys, 10 volkite culverin, and not sure where to go from there. I don't want to do too much more until legion specific upgrades, eteched brass and decals are released. Any advice as to what i should get next? i suppose i need an HQ

If you would like to wait for the legion specific gear to come out, why not grab a special unit or two of another legion (you can steal them right?) that way you dont have to worry about AL marks (except for maybe a cleverly hidden hint) but it still lets you build the force up. Plus gives you a break from the paint scheme which might start getting tedious after another 40 marine bodies arrive.

I was actually thinking about that....i 100% have my heart set on making the gal vorbak my first special unit so i am unfortunately waiting for those to come out and i think they will be out at the GW open day

Love the colours from what you have painted so far, will you be adding another layer to the Recon marine or leave him as is? 

I'm not sure, they look...too clean. but they're recon marines i'm not sure how dirty they get

Love the colours from what you have painted so far, will you be adding another layer to the Recon marine or leave him as is?

I'm not sure, they look...too clean. but they're recon marines i'm not sure how dirty they get

I would say (imho), going by RL recon teams - these guys would be the least 'clean' of the whole force (unless your force is mid battle and surrounded by foes that is) - they will have moved out hours, possibly days or even weeks ahead of the main force - feeding information on enemy numbers, tactics and various other calculations back to the main force or the nearest FOB - then silently going out in small 2-5 man teams destroying small strategically.important targets such as ammo dumps, fuel lines and Medicae facilities in preparation for main advance. They will be completely blended in to their environment.

Hope that helps but they also look good as they are :D