2x BG

115 and better.

BC 110

5x PA with frag and Krak

Egil with BP/PF

1x PP/CS

3x BP/CS

115 and worse

Fluffwise id say all Spacemarines have "wrong" stats esp. in regard of WS/BS. if a Guardsman has BS of 4 and bloodthirsty xenos scum like Orks a WS of 4 ..

GHs should be like WS/BS 5 armor 3

Scouts WS/BS 4 Armor 4

Bloodclaws WS/BS 4 Armor 3

This would reflect in case of GH the enhanced senses of Astartes over most standart Infantry +   the best accessible Tech. (Grey knights excludet).

In case of Scouts the WS/BS is lower due to not having PArmor with all the inbuild enhancers (scoops/Bio-elektric-muscles etc.)

In case of BC lower Base WS/BS but "buffed" by PA systems

well but many things are  out of fluff/balance so i gues we should be happy our recruits dont have wooden training blades ;) or are unarmed at all

just noticed that the tdawg pack has a tactical termy squad load out except for the frost sword (would be a power sword on the sergeant), and the one TH/SS guy (assault term load out). But that may not mean much I guess... in part it may just be a consequence of the relative scarcity of power weapons on the sprue. Still... they didn't use the axe.

I would guess the reason for not using the axe is simply they wanted to use a standard load out and to be honest that unit should stomp the ork counterpart easily be it the nobs or the kans...

Several disappointments there, but I'll hold out hope that:

1. Frost Weapons have gone down by at least 10 points, since they remain unchanged, and

2. That Grey Hunters can buy CCWs for 1 point each to regain Ultragrit, should the owning player choose to.

Several disappointments there, but I'll hold out hope that:

1. Frost Weapons have gone down by at least 10 points, since they remain unchanged, and

2. That Grey Hunters can buy CCWs for 1 point each to regain Ultragrit, should the owning player choose to.

if i was a betting man your second point would be where i'd put my money, not all of it mind you.

do you think we might see some kind of a pack leader upgrade for each pack

Ultragrit being optional would be a good thing, since it'd most likely mean we'd drop down to 14 points a model base.

EDIT: So, after adjusting for wargear costs according to 6th edition paradigms, my best guess is the Grey Hunters are paying a "Character Tax" of some kind. Otherwise they're 16 points a piece, and that's just insane. A 5-point tax puts them at 15 points a piece without Ultragrit, while a 10-point tax puts them at a saner 14, although for 10 points, I'd expect LD 9 (So if they don't have that, I'll be mildly annoyed)

The Blood claws seem to be 14 points apiece, but a character tax would drop them to 13 or less. If Egil is LD 9 (which definately means a 10-point veteran tax), we're paying 12 points for blood claws, which is pretty damn good.

Any change to wargear pricing will make Wolf Guard's price fluctuate wildly. If I had to guess, I'd say we're looking at wargear discounts, since veterans don't pay character taxes (since just being a character isn't really an upgrade)

Are Egil and Hengist characters? Can they be challenged?

Yep. They are stated as Infantry (Character) 1 (Unique)

So is Beoric

Dewi, is the Ld any better for those pack leader character guys, or is it just the extra attack and designation of character status?

Does Beoric get an extra attack, too (ie 3), or is he the same as the other Wolf Guard?

I really got a bad feeling for our upcoming codex given what I'm hearing so far. Mainly, Grey Hunters losing their traditional loadout of BP, CCw and Bolter, as well as Frost Weapons staying virtually the same. I was hoping Krom had more special rules to justify his terminator base, but now I just don't know. I don't see his special rules posted anywhere on this board or even this thread. In the end though, as long as he doesn't have Eternal Warrior, then he is no better than a vanilla space marine captain in terms of survability.

I guess in the end, means we'll just have to stick characters like these vs hordes with no good CC or hidden power fists. Besides, that axe looks good enough to convert into Morkai for Logan Grimnar. At the very least, looks like I'm not the only guy who thinking more of using Krom for conversion as opposed to gaming.

Like the fluff of Wyrmclaw "Krom's masterwork frost axe is perfectly balanced weapon made doubly deadly by the skill of its heroic weilder...."

S:+2 Ap:2 Melee, Mastercrafted, Unwieldy

Hey guys btw, long-time-no-post

/Ethzor

I really got a bad feeling for our upcoming codex given what I'm hearing so far. Mainly, Grey Hunters losing their traditional loadout of BP, CCw and Bolter, as well as Frost Weapons staying virtually the same. I was hoping Krom had more special rules to justify his terminator base, but now I just don't know. I don't see his special rules posted anywhere on this board or even this thread. In the end though, as long as he doesn't have Eternal Warrior, then he is no better than a vanilla space marine captain in terms of survability.

I guess in the end, means we'll just have to stick characters like these vs hordes with no good CC or hidden power fists. Besides, that axe looks good enough to convert into Morkai for Logan Grimnar. At the very least, looks like I'm not the only guy who thinking more of using Krom for conversion as opposed to gaming.

Again, don't count your chickens before they hatch. We've got a lot of unanswered questions- Is the ultra-grit optional?* How much, if anything, are we paying as a character tax? For that matter, is it a tax, or is it an optional upgrade like Veteran Sergeants?

@Valerian: While Beoric might get an extra attack, I doubt it. Veteran characters don't typically pay a tax or get anything beyond being a character, since they're surrounded by marines almost as badass as they are.

*Also, it isn't traditional. It's a 5th edition thing. 3rd edition's loadout was bolt pistol+chainsword, with the option to pay to upgrade to boltgun+chainsword (and the ability to use the boltgun as a pistol, at the cost of losing the bonus attack for charging)

honestly he is not the bad for 135 pts. I would take him as a secondary character to lead my blob squad. He is not a surgical single combat type load out, he would excel at wiping out mobs though... Having said that i have always disliked axes on account they reduce the init. If i ever use wolf lords for the purpose of crowd control its typically at i5 to clear some bodies out before they attack.

Looking at that picture, I'm surprised nobody commented on Krom's Saga being his Warlord Trait. That's a right kick in the teeth if that's what our sagas are being reduced to. How can we use them to build stories (or... sagas, if you will), as was the stated intention when the 5th ed book dropped, if you get as random one every censored.gifing game?

If this is a sign of what's to come, I'm very disappointed.cry.gif

Huh. Krom is... cheap. Still very poorly geared out, but even with a 10-point drop (SM captains are 90 points, right) to Wolf Lord pricing and 5-point drops to each piece of wargear he carries, he's still 10 points cheaper than he would be as a generic character.

As for sagas as warlord traits...

*headdesk* GW... RANDOMNESS IS THE OPPOSITE OF FORGE YOUR NARRATIVE!

Archived