Does pride of the legion effect firedrakes?

Vulkans Finest

It should. Any Terminator unit and Legion Specific Terminator Formations (ie: Firedrakes, Phoenix Guad, Red Butchers,etc.) that fall under the Elites Category becomes troops choices for Pride of the Legion. The only exception being Grave Wardens? I think? Because they're Heavy Support? 

But I digress. If you're using BattleScribe to write up lists and Firedrakes don't show up when you take pride of the Legion, I think Millicant (the author of the 30k Index for BS) is aware of it. In the event that he's not feel free to stop by his Thread in the HH forum.

It should. Any Terminator unit and Legion Specific Terminator Formations (ie: Firedrakes, Phoenix Guad, Red Butchers,etc.) that fall under the Elites Category becomes troops choices for Pride of the Legion. The only exception being Grave Wardens? I think? Because they're Heavy Support? 

But I digress. If you're using BattleScribe to write up lists and Firedrakes don't show up when you take pride of the Legion, I think Millicant (the author of the 30k Index for BS) is aware of it. In the event that he's not feel free to stop by his Thread in the HH forum.

But do you know anything where it says this though. As if I could doubt it I am worried other people would to. I don't use battlescribe.

Hmmm, unless its been re-FaQ'd or I missed something, according to the 1d4chan Tactica on 30k, you can't take Elite Legion Specific Terminator units as Troops per the RoW. Fancy that. Might be because I play IF and we don't have a Legion Terminator unit that I haven't noticed this.

Which is weird because I recall having read something about Legion Terminators benefiting from the RoW...Might be that I'm misremembering things.

This one is weird, and I can see why people would debate on it, originally it was that all veteran and terminators became troops, then it was FAQ'd to only be veterans and NON-legion specific terminators, then in the Crusade list it includes Legion specific terminators, but ONLY if they are elites, so Deathshroud and Grave Warden are NOT affected by it, since Deathshroud are HQ choices and Grave Warden are Heavy Support choices, but Firedrakes ARE affected by it since they are an Elites choice.

Hope that answers your question.

This is the current FAQ on the ForgeWorld site (look near the bottom of the first FAQ page, after Errata stuff)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/B/Betrayal_FAQ_Errata_v.2.pdf

So this says that unless a Terminator entry specifically states they can count...then they don't. But 'apparently' (only using that because I don't have the book myself) it has been changed in the new book. I've e-mails FW about the FAQ update and the just said they've got a lot of books that need updating and can't give a time frame for release.

So, the way it is 'supposed' to work, using the most up to date books, is that the Firedrakes do count for PotL. So, you'd need either the Crusade list or an understanding opponent who will accept the rules even without you having it. Or, if you just have Betrayal and Massacre, then they don't count for PotL.

, so Deathshroud and Grave Warden are NOT affected by it, since Deathshroud are HQ choices and Grave Warden are Heavy Support choices, but Firedrakes ARE affected by it since they are an Elites choice.

Hope that answers your question.

Aren't Deathshroud an rile option which can also be taken as hq if as a bodyguard (making them fair game for PoTL)?

Aren't Deathshroud an rile option which can also be taken as hq if as a bodyguard (making them fair game for PoTL)?

No, they are an HQ choice that does not take up a HQ slot if you have a Praetor, Typhon, or Mortarion (much like command squads), in any case they are not Elites, so they are not affected by PotL.

Well, they don't have to be cool with it.  The mini-dex (most current rules) has the line, "This also includes any Legion specific Terminator squads which are also Elites choices." (p15)

• 2 months later...

"This includes any Legion specific squads which are ALSO ELITE choices", so i read it that you can use legion specific units as troops and/OR elites, including grave wardens.

Archived