Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

88th Lupina Airborne Horse Artillery, lots of pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts

Figured I better post this sort of thing here rather than the AM forum. Seems my absence has addled me more than I thought and I am forgetting where stuff goes. Anywho, here is my astra millitarum regiment for your viewing plesure. And forgive me for the first few pics. They were done on my phone so, were not as good.

igdesign2_zps65b67d05.jpg

A concept I made from an Imperial Guard painter

IMG-20140605-00085_zps80f04c6a.jpg

And the first squad. As you can likely see, I have done the autocannon more like an anti-material rifle

IMG-20140708-00090_zps8d77ed9e.jpg

IMG-20140708-00091_zpse8f22983.jpg

My Astropath. I will definatly get a better shot of him as I am proud of him

IMG-20140708-00093_zpsb92235ea.jpg

IMG-20140708-00094_zps41f6338c.jpg

IMG-20140708-00095_zps45988dec.jpg

And here is my Rapier Destroyer Battery converted to be the sort of cannon that could be air dropped from a valkyrie (and under the rules, I believe they can be)

And here is the shots I have done with my Tablet. As you can see, much better.

IMG_20140715_154750_zpsd595c7aa.jpg

Here shows off a selection of my collection, mostly what I have painted and my Company Command Squad.

IMG_20140715_154953_zpsab1e2670.jpg

A close up of my command squad. Need to sculp a berret on the other morter crewman, but once thats done I can undercoat and paint (as well as base the morter). You can also see my old horrible colour scheme on the morter crewman with the vox.

IMG_20140715_154836_zpsf4a2e48c.jpg

My Scion Command Squad. Originaly they were a Company command squad with carrapace armour and a body guard (see the dog) but in the new rules (thats 6th and later 7th) having a frontline warlord like it was didnt work out so well so now its a scion command squad with a preist (yeah, thats that dog again)

IMG_20140715_155041_zps106626d9.jpg

The Platoon Command Squad. I have bought a taurox to drive them around in, but I am waiting for a conversion kit for it. Will post pics of that when the kit arrives.

IMG_20140715_155214_zpsb682b77d.jpg

Here is a better picture of the squad above. You can see it much better and note the grenade launcher is converted to be more of a, break open one, rather than one with a revolving cilinder.

IMG_20140715_155300_zpsca730125.jpg

And of course the secound squad to round out the platoon.

IMG_20140715_155720_zpsac084cbe.jpg

And here is of course my scions. Basicaly Kasrkin with trimmed helmets and berrets sculpted on.

My Astra Millitarum The 88th Airborne Horse Artillery. Enjoy the pics and the WiPs

My Space Marines The Order of Hyberon. All complete so enjoy the work

My Space Wolves Howland Greywolfe's Great company. WiP

That's a good looking Taurox. I'm glad someone in the Imperium has figured out how to put wheels on a truck. Figures it would be a regiment who take their sermons from large dogs and drop horse artillery from aircraft.

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,315 posts

Good looking Meatsacks!!tongue.png  look forward to seeing more.

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts

They look nice - the scheme is nice too, especially the maroon berets :D reminds me a lot of 7 Reg. RHA :)

L_T_Banner_V2.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg

Simple. The Iron Warriors are a battered and dented vintage AK-47. Iron Hands are a modern factory fresh FN SCAR, with every piece of tech possible hooked to it. Both will kill you stone-dead, but one's a lot prettier while it's killin'.

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts

They look nice - the scheme is nice too, especially the maroon berets :D reminds me a lot of 7 Reg. RHA :)

Yep thats the idea. I wanted to do an Airborne regiment with light vehicles and artillery support and when I look up insperations on wikipedia I found them and well, With a crazy name like Parachute Horse Artillery I had to

My Astra Millitarum The 88th Airborne Horse Artillery. Enjoy the pics and the WiPs

That's a good looking Taurox. I'm glad someone in the Imperium has figured out how to put wheels on a truck. Figures it would be a regiment who take their sermons from large dogs and drop horse artillery from aircraft.

Inquisitor Kravin

Inquisitor Kravin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,661 posts

A nice start but the title promised "Airborne Horse Artillery". I shan't be happy until I've seen horses with parachutes!

Cogito Ergo Hereticus Sum

QUOTE (MmmmmFlamed)
Alpha Legion: Halfway through the battle they realise they're fighting other Alpha Legion marines. Then they realise that they themselves are imperial.

QUOTE (Wysten)
we have so much kickarse spread thoughout our codex, that the spare kickarse was used to make Thunder Wolves.

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts

Well there is nothign that says I cant put rough riders in a valkyrie......

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts

Aye that and it wouldn't surprise me if the inspiration 7 reg really has haha

L_T_Banner_V2.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg

Simple. The Iron Warriors are a battered and dented vintage AK-47. Iron Hands are a modern factory fresh FN SCAR, with every piece of tech possible hooked to it. Both will kill you stone-dead, but one's a lot prettier while it's killin'.

LordOrdGermany

LordOrdGermany

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

Greetings IG comrade, keep up the good work!

B$26CIcon.JPGB$26CIconII.JPGB$26C~Icon~III.JPG                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     My art-project "Eternia is everywhere" with the 80s "Masters of the Universe" figures. If interested write a PM:-)

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts

IMG_20140722_155116_zps8b7810fb.jpg

IMG_20140722_155121_zpsfcbb36e7.jpg

IMG_20140722_155133_zpsbf35cbd0.jpg

My Taurox, when I first saw this, I thought it would look better if it had wheels, so I found a kit online for it :D and now its here I love it more. I shall be getting anouther definatly so I can devide fire between the two.

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts

Badass MRAP, dude. It looks so much better with wheels.

Still waiting for heavy-dropped airborne horses, though.... :P

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts
What do you think this thing is? :P

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts

No sir. Four legs, hooves, and a parachute strapped to it's back. If dogs can do it, then horses better step up.

tth163201cc_pc11234_697462a.jpgk9-airborne.jpg

Airborne!  

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,350 posts

They look nice - the scheme is nice too, especially the maroon berets biggrin.png reminds me a lot of 7 Reg. RHA smile.png

Yep thats the idea. I wanted to do an Airborne regiment with light vehicles and artillery support and when I look up insperations on wikipedia I found them and well, With a crazy name like Parachute Horse Artillery I had to

@Commander Moustache - Nice Maroon Berets there!

Throne coming from 16 Air Assault Bde I thought I'd never say those words!

You need to change your Painter Scheme at the top of the post as it shows a red Beret and that colour

belongs to my lot the Royal Military Police!

Edited by Scion of Ferrus, 23 July 2014 - 10:21 AM.

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,350 posts

No sir. Four legs, hooves, and a parachute strapped to it's back. If dogs can do it, then horses better step up.

Airborne!  

@1000heathens - It might work with horses if they were Astartes or even Ogryns but not with simple meat sacks!

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts

They look nice - the scheme is nice too, especially the maroon berets biggrin.png reminds me a lot of 7 Reg. RHA smile.png

@Commander Moustache - Nice Maroon Berets there!

Throne coming from 16 Air Assault Bde I thought I'd never say those words!

You need to change your Painter Scheme at the top of the post as it shows a red Beret and that colour

belongs to my lot the Royal Military Police!

Heh, limitations of the painter I am afraid.

Airborne!  

@1000heathens - It might work with horses if they were Astartes or even Ogryns but not with simple meat sacks!

Yes, I must have an ogrin dropping with a horse

Inquisitor Kravin

Inquisitor Kravin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,661 posts

Indeed you must.

@Heathens - those two pictures have made my day. 

Cogito Ergo Hereticus Sum

QUOTE (MmmmmFlamed)
Alpha Legion: Halfway through the battle they realise they're fighting other Alpha Legion marines. Then they realise that they themselves are imperial.

QUOTE (Wysten)
we have so much kickarse spread thoughout our codex, that the spare kickarse was used to make Thunder Wolves.

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,184 posts

Scrolled, saw dog priest, slammed like button.

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts

Scrolled, saw dog priest, slammed like button.

Sigged

Olgerth Istaarn

Olgerth Istaarn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 1,486 posts

Best regiment name EVER.

Death is a release, pain is forever.
Full-time collector, zero-time player since the 6th Ed.
"Maybe next year." It's OK, I'm from Boston.

BassWave

BassWave

++ INCURSUS TACITURNUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,885 posts

IMG_20140722_155116_zps8b7810fb.jpg

IMG_20140722_155121_zpsfcbb36e7.jpg

IMG_20140722_155133_zpsbf35cbd0.jpg

My Taurox, when I first saw this, I thought it would look better if it had wheels, so I found a kit online for it :D and now its here I love it more. I shall be getting anouther definatly so I can devide fire between the two.

It does indeed look better. What kit are the wheels from, and what can you say about its quality?

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts

Its a great kit (some flash, but easily cleaned up) And its the 6x6 blood and skulls wheel kit. Just search on ebay to find their store

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts

IMG_20140820_104822_zps86f185e1.jpg

My painted Scions for you all.

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts

XxXSNIPXxX

Yes, I must have an ogrin dropping with a horse

Clever Ogryn, bringing his own rations like that.

biggrin.png

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts
Time to post a few picks of what I have been working on the last couple of weeks.

IMG_20140831_015006_zps7d3ad065.jpg

My command squad, possebly one of the most politicaly correct command squads around

IMG_20140831_015118_zps702fe872.jpg

A close up on my commander. Really proud that his Ginger sideburns came out so well.

IMG_20140831_014147_zps207e3178.jpg

Squad Yellow 22 (thats squad 2 of 2nd platoon 5th company) plasma vets. Again I am really proud of the way this army is comeing togeather. Stay tuned as I dont know what I will be painting next.

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts
IMG_20140907_030937_zps05450165.jpg

The secound Scion squad, this time with two Hotshot volly guns made from heavy stubbers. If anyone is interested in a tutorial on how to convert them, I will be happy to make one