looking to improve my BL collection

Joeyray

Hello Brothers,

As the title says I am looking to expand my book collection from the BL, with a few specifics I would like anything new to be kinda Tom Clancy-esque, so high depth, tech, action and politics. I'll give a rundown of my current collection and anything that you think suits the criteria above will be considered.

My current BL collection stands at:

HH Up to date

UM Series plus Storm of Iron

Gaunts Ghosts series up to date

Last Chancers series

Grey Knights Series (all Ben Counter)

Dawn of War Series

Firewarrior

Caphias Cain mostly

Fifteen Hours

Gunheads

Rebel winter

Deathworld ( the Catachan one)

Thanks in advance!

The first thing that pops in my head that is missing on that list is the Eisenhorn/ Ravenor trilogies.

That is the one series I have never got around to but hear about all the time, must take a look at it, Cheers Cormac!

Night Lords series, Battle of the Fang, recommend the Inquisition Wars although think a lot has been retconned but still good, the recent two DA novels- can't remember the name of the first, second is Master of Sanctity...There is Only War anthology has some good pieces in it as well as the Yarrick and Macharius series

I remember thinking Execution Hour was pretty cool, but then again it's the only BL book I ever read so I don't really have a benchmark to compare it against.

Dang I had the mini taster of that book that came with WD way back when, need to source a copy!

I remember thinking Execution Hour was pretty cool, but then again it's the only BL book I ever read so I don't really have a benchmark to compare it against.

I haven't read it in years, but I loved it at the time. I never got around to reading the second book in the series, but looks like I might have to now. 

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/Gothic-War-The.html

Brethern!

Have just purchased the Night Lords Omnibus, enjoying it thoroughly!

Also kudos to Mr. ADB for paraphrasing Von Moltke the elder, any use of Prussian doctrine stokes my historical boiler room of my heart!

The Emperor's Gift should definitely have a place in any BL collection tongue.png

I do also whole heartedly recommend the Path of the Eldar trilogy, as well as Priests of Mars and Lords of Mars. The two Of Mars books are the same series, with the final book, Gods of Mars, being released next year I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Path of the Eldar/Dark Eldar trilogies, Lord of the Night, Fire Caste, Eisenhorn/Ravenor trilogies as mentioned above, Angels of Darkness (happens before the DA trilogy), Titanicus, Knights of the Imperium, The Emperor's Gift (there's a slight link to Ravenor so might want to read that trilogy before this), Execution hour + Shadow point if you can get them.

You read the Dawn of War books? I feel bad for you putting up with that stuff.

Anyway, I'd advise Path of (Dark) Eldar trilogies for a good insight into the Eldar as a faction, and ADB's Night Lord's trilogy immediately, especially as the Omnibus is out. The Bastion Wars omnibus is also a good read, as is anything on the Dark Angels by Gav Thorpe, especially if you like politicking. I'd advise either the Dark Angels HH books, Descent of Angels and Fallen Angels, or the Legacy of Caliban trilogy. The IG omnibus Honour Imperialis is an additional must.

Archived