Open Day Heresy Goodies

Telhdrat

They look amazing. WIll need to grab a couple of the Iron Warrior and Nightlords for my legions dang it..

I quite like the Ravenguard Dread, is it just me or is that a little hint to the Carcharodons with the pattern. 

Not to sure about the Raven Guard one, just doesn't scream Raven Guard to me at all

Looks more like a full on Carcharodon Contemptor rather than a subtle nod

The other 2 are flawless however

Yeah, I'm not really feeling the Raven Guard contemptor sadly, but it will still look good and I'll still get it so it's not too bad. I would have preferred a raven design across the torso and shoulders rather than... whatever that is

Yes, you read my thought! Mostly about the red hands/gauntlets/claws lol! Maybe... Still deciding what I would want to see on him.

Something a little... Corswain-ish? devil.gif NL do honour their "more skilled" victims by placing trophies on their own armour. This fine Contemptor may have taken his foe down as he was almost killed, leading him to be interred.

I know these aren't the best pictures but something about all three seems off.

The exposed tubing and tacked on armor pieces of the IW one looks lazy, rather than thematic. The iron mask head, however, is amazing. 

The RG one is flat out boring. The tribal designs look messy, almost as if the sculptor didn't have any planned layout. Horrible execution. 

The NL one is probably the closest to what I was expecting, though the skulls, skull helmet, and skull Legion badge is exhausting. Where's the flayed flesh, exposed ribcages and spinal cords? The hands of fallen nailed to the Contemptor's coffin, and perhaps a poor crucified mortal atop the frame? A missed opportunity.

I know these aren't the best pictures but something about all three seems off.

The exposed tubing and tacked on armor pieces of the IW one looks lazy, rather than thematic. The iron mask head, however, is amazing.

The RG one is flat out boring. The tribal designs look messy, almost as if the sculptor didn't have any planned layout. Horrible execution.

The NL one is probably the closest to what I was expecting, though the skulls, skull helmet, and skull Legion badge is exhausting. Where's the flayed flesh, exposed ribcages and spinal cords? The hands of fallen nailed to the Contemptor's coffin, and perhaps a poor crucified mortal atop the frame? A missed opportunity.

Yep, because a family-friendly event always needs ribcages, flayed skin and spinal cords. Remind me why we restrain the Slaaneshis again? :P

Yes that was tongue-in-cheek. But that is one thing we, as adults, forget. The target audience is NOT the Rogue Trader Veteran. It isn't even the 22 year old 4th Edition veteran. It's the ten and twelve year old kid. That's why BL watches its language. If you can't find it in a pg-13 film, it don't make its way to the models and literature. The only exceptions being the Slaaneshi daemons. Even then it is highly restrained.

So yes, just skulls.

the RG contemptor looks completely skippable to me...again the HH RG disappoint

WLK.

What else about them is disappointing? I'm considering them as a possibility.
I guess it'd have to be fluff or the rules since the contemptor would be their first model. They don't even have their own section yet on the Forgeworld website.

the RG contemptor looks completely skippable to me...again the HH RG disappoint

WLK.

What else about them is disappointing? I'm considering them as a possibility.
I guess it'd have to be fluff or the rules since the contemptor would be their first model. They don't even have their own section yet on the Forgeworld website.

Yeah I thought so too, that's why I was asking.

Archived