Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2,000 Points Armor Core Assault

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

Praefectus Invictus

Praefectus Invictus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 745 posts

one thing you could consider is one assault squad with 2 meltaguns and melta bombs, powerfist on the sergeant, and another assault squad with 2 flamers, power weapon and melta bombs. that should be able to take on most armies. flamers good against nids, and are useful against most other armies on top of that. melta bombs should help with anti tank worries. i'm soon going to run a 10 man assault squad with 2 flamers, power weapon and melta bombs. 

hope this helps,

DG101

Blood Angels

HH Ultramarines

XI Legion: http://www.bolterand...n/#entry4140289

Khorne Daemonkin

Formerly Sanguinata

PaladinsSanguine

PaladinsSanguine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

one thing you could consider is one assault squad with 2 meltaguns and melta bombs, powerfist on the sergeant, and another assault squad with 2 flamers, power weapon and melta bombs. that should be able to take on most armies. flamers good against nids, and are useful against most other armies on top of that. melta bombs should help with anti tank worries. i'm soon going to run a 10 man assault squad with 2 flamers, power weapon and melta bombs. 
hope this helps,
DG101

Still need see how going bare bones for all my A squads works out- not having sgt with Power weapon etc. . Ideally the meltabombs will be the Power Fist I need for anything they get caught in Assault with I'd only dare send them at (Carnifex, tank.) with the ideal that they could finish it. Or hold it up. Either way, I'll update with how they- and the army do as a whole.

But not to say that's a bad option Deathguard- it's a easy and good choice to invest into Assault squads with points in some lists, strengthens their worth and threat on the table. My list I'm just trying to spread my point costs along the chart as a whole, considering the great deal of variety I have in the list (From Death company, Terminators, Predators, and even Dreadnoughts.).

Edited by PaladinsSanguine, 01 August 2014 - 06:41 AM.

They approached towards the planet upon wings of fire that engulfed the sky in this free fall -

armor shaking and trembling as they seem to only hasten further their Descent from the heavens face first -

It was mere seconds now; the end of this leap was inevitable to them -

This jump would easily end with but a splatter of their corpses to the mettle streets -

Within an instant, they shift their bodies and thrust themselves upward -

Their descent swiftly haltered, hitting the ground with what sounded like thunder on the metal cobbled streets, echoing through the city-scape -

The Angels of Death had arrived. And their message was clear.

Praefectus Invictus

Praefectus Invictus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 745 posts

hope this helps,
DG101

Still need see how going bare bones for all my A squads works out- not having sgt with Power weapon etc. . Ideally the meltabombs will be the Power Fist I need for anything they get caught in Assault with I'd only dare send them at (Carnifex, tank.) with the ideal that they could finish it. Or hold it up. Either way, I'll update with how they- and the army do as a whole.

But not to say that's a bad option Deathguard- it's a easy and good choice to invest into Assault squads with points in some lists, strengthens their worth and threat on the table. My list I'm just trying to spread my point costs along the chart as a whole, considering the great deal of variety I have in the list (From Death company, Terminators, Predators, and even Dreadnoughts.).

dreadnoughts and terminators are good, but death company are to expensive in my opinion, also they will probably get wiped out before they reach rapid fire/charge range. i'd probably drop the death company for podded dreadnoughts, or something else.

Blood Angels

HH Ultramarines

Khorne Daemonkin

Formerly Sanguinata

PaladinsSanguine

PaladinsSanguine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

dreadnoughts and terminators are good, but death company are to expensive in my opinion, also they will probably get wiped out before they reach rapid fire/charge range. i'd probably drop the death company for podded dreadnoughts, or something else.

It's tricky to think to bring in more Dreadnoughts in place of Death-company (due to the 3 elite choice cap already hit, and shooty dreads don't help me much towards an assault army).

Far as Death-company Themselves in price, they can indeed be pricy, but have some good payments for them in turn- plus at the least taking 5 lets me get that 2nd assault centered dread in. But more to the point, it's just about how you use them: pay for 7 for a total of 130 points (10 be 190 points) with the 130 with my hq Chaplain 130 points (260 points total), bit more than a normal A squad- but on that charge I get re-roll hit -and- wounds (plus I've never really been a big Librarian guy.. They aren't bad- I just like captains or solid up-front fighters). Transport is tricky of course, moving 6 inches = suck ass for a D-company and not worth it. Which really the big reason why I take them is because I have to take an Anti-air unit (and my only option in my codex is a Stormraven.), so they combo well with the transport.

Far as them getting wrecked, they serve a purpose- if they jump on any swarm of nids or orks- it will die. And combos also well with a D-company Dread with duel Blood-fists. So one unit is for basic infantry, and another for 2+ savers and tanks. At the very least, the dread can get snap shots for my D-company.

Edited by PaladinsSanguine, 02 August 2014 - 06:42 AM.

They approached towards the planet upon wings of fire that engulfed the sky in this free fall -

armor shaking and trembling as they seem to only hasten further their Descent from the heavens face first -

This jump would easily end with but a splatter of their corpses to the mettle streets -

Their descent swiftly haltered, hitting the ground with what sounded like thunder on the metal cobbled streets, echoing through the city-scape -

Praefectus Invictus

Praefectus Invictus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 745 posts

not a shooty dread, but a furioso one. they have WS6, compared to the death company dread's WS 5. i guess the death company one gets more attacks, but the furioso has higher weapon skill.

Blood Angels

HH Ultramarines

Khorne Daemonkin

Formerly Sanguinata

PaladinsSanguine

PaladinsSanguine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

not a shooty dread, but a furioso one. they have WS6, compared to the death company dread's WS 5. i guess the death company one gets more attacks, but the furioso has higher weapon skill.

Again, if I did that I have an unbound army (3 elites already: Furioso Dread, Sang priest squad, Terminator Assault Squad.). Otherwise I'd prob' want another Furioso- they're pretty nice with a 13 front armor. But the D-dread is a nice nuker of tanks with 6 fist attacks on the charge, so it suffices.

Praefectus Invictus

Praefectus Invictus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 745 posts

i suppose. still, higher weapon skill swings it for the furioso for me.

Blood Angels

HH Ultramarines

Khorne Daemonkin

Formerly Sanguinata

PaladinsSanguine

PaladinsSanguine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

This list is now being updated in army list post 2,000 Points Armor Core Assault 2.0 .