Bloodthirster in 7th ed

Teetengee

So I recently had some good luck with a bloodthirster and am planning on creating a khorne based army of csm and daemons.

Right now it looks like the plan (at least at 1500 pts) is two 16 man bloodletter squads, a blood thirster, a jugger lord with spawn, two 8 man berserker squads (one with axes, as they make sure those pesky necrons are all wiped.) and a heldrake.

My inaugural game for this involved me rolling soul eater and fnp on the bloodthirster (which was admittedly fairly effective).

My question is whether to use two greater (and a lesser for bonus attack?) or a greater and an exalted reward for the bloodthirster.

Keep in mind that the blood thirster is my warlord as I want the warpstorm table.

I've been using the Bloodthirster with 2 greater gifts. He is very good at killing stuff, but you really want to roll 1 or more gift that will help to keep him alive. He also gets good use out of the lance ability with BS 10. He's been good for me.

Just use more Bloodthirsters is my advice.

At 1500 you can fit in six naked ones or five with some rewards. Or Ang'grath and two buddies. This pleases Khorne.

But back to your question. I prefer the first loadout. Bonus attack is always handy and helps you collect more skulls.

Now what are you waiting for? Buy more Bloodthirsters!

I recently just acquired an Ultraforge Greater Wardemon, and that bad boy will be pulling triple duty:  as a stock bloodthirster, as a counts-as Ang'granth, and thanks to the magnetized wings, Skarbrand.  Oddly enough, the model really works well for all 3.  Height wise, its a couple of inches taller than the standard Greater Daemon models (more with the wings attached), but bulk wise, its perfectly sized for Ang'granth (the Ultraforge model is in a squatting position, whereas the FW model is standing upright).

Archived