My imperial guard army

Random question but would any of you fine chaps be interested in seeing photo updates on my imperial guard army as it progresses? I'm in the fledgling stages at the moment and just curious if that sort of thing is popular around here

I would find it interesting and I am sure a few others woukd too. Go for it. A few threads already do this.

Yeah I may as well, I'll put up a couple of pictures and the fluff behind my regiment tomorrow I think, should I start a new thread or just use this one?

Of course we want to see it!

That's what a large portion of the threads here are. People's armies.

By all means either edit this thread, or start a new one.

Okay thanks, keep an eye on the AM board for a new one or if not double check this thread. I'd quite like to have a decent number of spectators (just a handful) to help make suggestions for the direction of the force and maybe helping with the fluff (I'm a fluff obsessed player for advanced warning)

Okay here they are, bear in mind I'm not a great painter and their not 100% finished. Couldn't figure out how to upload from my phone so I used a dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/snczdvddr1huabz/B%2BC.zip

The first few pictures are my guard then it gets into my wolves. The whole idea with these guys was to make them almost like fenrisian bondsmen. The guardsmen sworn to fight alongside the wolves and also uphold the warrior values of the chapter. The colour scheme is a rough match to the wolves and the guardsmen themselves are quite individualistic once they get to the veteran stages in particular, where they find what they're good at and evolve as warriors (somewhat contradictory to the usual guard attitude) Although mere mortals they will throw down their lives to ensure victory and undertake mad acts of heroism to impress their astartes brothers. Over the years the wolves have come to respect and admire their "little brothers" as they often call them and greatly value the role they have proven to fulfill. What I want with this army Is a reasonably balanced force with a solid infantry core and the tanks/fliers are in supporting roles for the infantry. Everything in this list will have a job to do and everything else will support it in achieving it

Looks like a good start to me, models don't really start looking that good until you've mostly finished them anyway as that's when the dry brushing and washes get applied which is most of the fancy bits :P Effort is what counts the most, nobody much cares for the guy with an unpainted army but all respect a painted one no matter the quality :)

Looks like a good start to me, models don't really start looking that good until you've mostly finished them anyway as that's when the dry brushing and washes get applied which is most of the fancy bits tongue.png Effort is what counts the most, nobody much cares for the guy with an unpainted army but all respect a painted one no matter the quality smile.png

I'll have more models by next week so I'll post again when I get them built etc :D

WIP does seem to be the domain of those overcompensatin' Power Pansies.

Those sweaty, sweaty power pansies :P

am thinking i should have put my imperial guard thread in here as well, in the wip section it seems only marines get the attention, looking forward to your pics, current device wont let me open the link for some reason

Post the link, I'm always interested to see other folks stuff. Let's all bask in the glory of the guard

You do know that all users have gallery space on the BnC, right?

I can't say I did, care to point me in the right direction?

I might have to move my own thread here as well in the near future... let them original dwellers of this fine forum have their sweat pit, besides it's infested with nurglings...

The B&C gallery is very user friendly, but feel free to ask me for help if you need it. You can find it by going to your name in the top left, clicking it and selecting "My Gallery" in the bottom right. Last but not least your Guard WIPs/plogs/whatever you call it are more than welcome here in the Barracks :)

You do know that you can link inside posts to your gallery , right? Showing your pictures in-thread?

When you reply to someone or start your thread, go to "my media" in the editor, click it, select 1 or more pictures and click finish

result

SGTportusFront

Offcourse to get to this stage you first need to upload them:
go to my gallery > start new album and select the pictures you want to upload and when done click upload (i think), when done you'll be able to iether link to them by copying and pasting the link or use the my media way i described above.

Few things to keep in mind: try to keep the pictures reasonable in size, you can use an expensive picture editor or download https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
which is an image resizer

Archived