750pts Imperial fist allies

Shrieker

Hi

After reading Ravenlord I finally found inspiration for a HH themed army that lets me cherry pick and use my favourite FW models into one cohesive force (I hope).

Basically the theme is the Raven Guard led by Corax post Scarato muster - meaning a base of RG with a side of IH, Salamanders and a few loyalist NL, WE sprinkled here and there for colour.

The below list is supposed to represent Captain Noriz and IF contingent in that Loyalist All Stars concept, first attempt at a 30k list so c&c welcomed.

HQ

Noriz (centurion) 115

Art. Armour, Plasma P, Solarite glove, meltabomb, refractor field

Troops

Breacher squad (x10) 330

Meltabombs, Vexila, sgt w/ breaching charge, 2 Grav guns.

Fast Attack

Tarantula sentry (x1) 60

Concealment, hyperios

Elite

Apothecary (x1) 55

Combi

Heavy Support

Heavy Weapon Squad (x6) 190

Heavy bolter, hardened armour, sgt w augury scanner and meltabomb.

Game-play wise I'd picture them camping a backfield building shouting 'come at me bro' in all their yellowiness while the rest of the force (RG) outflanks or otherwise gets up to sneaky raven guard stuff.

Sorry to tell you, but you need a minimum of 2 troops to make this list legal.  Aside from that I like the idea, and it does help to have a fluff reason for parts of the army being painted differently, and the nice thing about 750 points is you don't have to worry too much about parts of the army being too fragile, since it's less likely they'll bring along the really big guns.

I'm a bit iffy on what advice to give, to keep this a fluffy list, I'd recommend keeping the Breacher Squads, but to make it more survivable I'd recommend a twenty man Tactical Squad, and using whatever points are freed up to upgrade the Heavy Support Squad (preferably to something like missile launchers to ignore 3+ armour which helps the ambush feel).  That's up to you.

You can't move with grav guns, they are short ranged and vehicles/grund only. I would take meltaguns so you get mobility, and possability to shoot aircrafts aswell.

I would only take 15-20 breachers, 10 is too taxed. It is only 10 per new marine!

He is fine with 1 troop as ally.

Get an anti tank weapon on the heavy squad, they get tank hunters! Missile, lascannons or something :)

To save points i would drop

-tantula

-plasma pistol on centurion

-breacher charge

apothecary (1/3 saved wounds, but the cost of 5.5 marines, only equal in benefit at 16 or more marines, otherwise it is cheaper with more bodies)

thanks both 

good point on apothecary vs extra bodies.

melta - i'm not keen on as reinforced ceramite is ubiquitous, but that made me think twice about meltabombs so will drop meltabombs and go for either 2xgrav (haywire looks good against Spartans) or 3x lascutters.  

dropping apothecary is somewhat pleasing to hear as that frees up the elite slot for a rapier gun battery - which I can then use for quad bolter guns and use the heavy support slot for missiles with Flak - thus dropping the hyperios tarantula!

So

HQ - Noriz

Noriz (centurion) 100
Art. Armour, Solarite glove, meltabomb, refractor field

Troops
Breacher squad (x15) 330
Vexila, 3 lascutters, sgt w/ combi.

Elite
Rapier battery (x2) 80

Heavy Support
Heavy Weapon Squad (x5) 240
Missile Launcher, hardened armour, Flak, sgt w augury scanner.

Archived